main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LOTR- The Two Towers

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by MiladyJ, Nov 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    Who loved it?

I did.

You guys covered most of what I was going to say, but I'm so up for another showing. Can we go to the Ultrascreen as a group over the holidays, maybe?

2. Kylash_327

Kylash_327 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    If I dont see it again in a few days I'm gonna go nuts ^_^;

3. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    Well I saw it.....

It is probably the best made fantasy/fiction film I have ever seen. True it may not be entirely faithful to the books, but who cares. Jackson has made a very good point with these films.

STORY IS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Mr. Lucas has a lot to learn from this, mainly to get a story before he starts shooting the next one.

I like Tom felt like thi was EMPIRE for the first time...I am actually excited! I don't think I can sleep. This is the one I will remember for a long time!

4. Kylash_327

Feb 2, 2002
    Down with Star Wars, Frodo Lives! ...oh wait, I'm on the TFN board...hehee

5. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    [face_laugh]

Saw it last night as well and I was floored....I can't imagine what it's like to live in New Zealand, the scenery (real & enhanced) was outstanding.

*looks out office window...perma-gray skies will cover flat corn & soybean fields until April, when it will rain until June...says goodbye to cruel world, jumps out office window, falls 2 feet and twists ankle just outside first story window*

My only beef was about a 1/3 of the way into the movie I had pee like Shadowfax on 10 gallons of Entwash....I held it thru the rest of the movie, but I was dying and it was a distraction.

Great movie though...already eagerly awaiting the Extended Edition DVD.

6. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    WHOA. That movie was the coolest thing I've seen since ESB. No joke. When's the next showing because I can't wait till Sunday to go again. :) I agree with Twisty that we NEED to have a FF trip to see this.

7. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    We're getting tickets tomorrow for the UltraScreen on Saturday. If it doesn't pan out, we're getting tickets for Ridge on Saturday tomorrow.

8. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    ****SPOILERS****

Well, I saw it today and I was amazed!! Although, I have to say, Gollum is stuck in my head, I see him out of the corner of my eye, don't like that. I was almost beginning to "like" Gollum. Talk about having a major case of multi-personality disorder!!

I liked the more humourus Gimly and the building rapport between him and Legolas. And personally, I liked the scenes with Arwen and Aragorn as well as Elrond's description of what would happen to Arwen if she stayed, but that's me and I'm a mushy romantic at heart and only dream of having such love.

The destruction of Isangard was pretty cool. Took them "trees" long enough!!

Well, I'd rate this a 4 out of 4 stars. But that's just my opinion.

9. Kylash_327

Feb 2, 2002
    Typically it is a 5 star system :p

10. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Yea, typically but I guess here its only to 4(from other posts I've noticed this).

11. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    No bickering, children. I'm getting the idea that everyone liked it.

Tracy--I like your point about "seeing" Gollum--did you kinda "feel" that when you read the books? I know that's one part of the books that really came across strong for me, and as I haven't seen it yet, I'm curious.

12. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Actually...I haven't read the books yet. [face_blush]
    I grew up hearing about "the Hobbit" and the other books, but never actually read them. I knew about the basics of the books and that's about it. But, I intend to read them after ROTK. Although, I have questions and am debating whether or not to wait out another year or read ROTK. Gollum just really creeped me out. I think it has something to do with his pschzofranic(sp?)behavior, especially since both my grandmothers were, in more polite terms, "bi-polar". Not to mention, the creature was just freaky looking. I mean the orcs and urki were just undecently UGLY and nasty, Gollum was...freaky. Those eyes and ultra bony body, wisps of black hair...*shudders*...eugh!!
    Ok, now I'm gonna have bad dreams...No, no, I'll just put Legolas' beautiful face in my mind, hmmm...GOOD dreams!! [face_love]

13. Kylash_327

Feb 2, 2002
    I noticed Legolas did the least of all the characters.

14. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    WHAT?!?!?! Are you not seeing clearly?!?!
    (I mean this in a totally non offensive way ;) Just disagreeing!!) He was totally kicking butt!! He did his "arrow as a eye jabber" thing again, killed alot of orcs and urki, killed those nasty wolf creatures(although they looked more like oversized and extra ugly hyenas),and all around was his usual arrow slingin' elf!!

15. milaub

milaub Jedi Master star 1

Apr 12, 2002
    The Two Towers absolutely blew me away... I saw it wednesday and then twice today while working. (i'm a projectionist) I can't get enough of it. It might just be my favorite movie of all time. Just absolutely outstanding.
    -----Spoilers------------
    ///
    ///

I must say, the slow motion scene of Legolas grabbing onto the horse was the coolest thing I've seen since Yoda with a lightsaber.

Mike

16. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    I have not seen it yet. I've had to blow past most of this thread so I wouldn't catch any spoilers. It's not as easy you'd think.

I'm with Twisty... I'd love to see this as a group, at the Ultrascreen or anywhere else for that matter. I'm off until the night of the 29th, so anytime would work for me (except for tonight (the 20th) or tomorrow). So, hows about it?

17. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Mike,
    I totally agree!! That part was so cool!! Legolas ROCKS!! ok, so does Aragorn. That dude is TOUGH!!!

18. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Bob and I are going to shoot for early tomorrow evening to see it, if we can. This is going to be an especially busy holiday for us, as Xmas day dinner is being held at our house for the first time ever, so I'm going nuts preparing for it.

Thus, Saturday night is the only feasible night we can go; otherwise we will have to postpone the viewing until the following weekend.

If you guys try a group viewing, we'll try for it, but the odds are against us joining you, for the moment.

19. Kylash_327

Feb 2, 2002
    Oh, of course Legolas kicked ass, but thats about all he did. I just get annoyed by all his lovey girl followers, nothing personal :p

20. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
  21. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Thanks for the spelling correction, Tom.

22. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    SPOILERS!!!

I really liked the body counting between Gimli and Legolas during Helms Deep. It was just enough laughter to counter the slaughter.

RE: Legolas' horse move. Yeah, that was the coolest thing since Yoda with a saber. And it was descrete. (Probally spelled that wrong.)

Scariest thing in the whole movie (for me, anyway): Frodo holding his sword to Sam's throat. I was AFRAID of Frodo. I had seen it in the previews and assumed he was doing it to Gollum. Much scarier when it's Sam. MUCH.

23. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    SPOILERS!!

Oh Yea! That was horrible!! I felt so bad for poor Sam. Not just there but also because he didn't trust Frodo and Frodo just blew him off. He looked so hurt and betrayed!! After all he had done for and been thru with him. And I felt bad for Frodo, he's having a hard go of having to carry the ring...its totally starting to control him!! Poor little Hobbit!!

24. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    Oh man, I need to see this again. Anyone up for a showing sometime late tomorrow afternoon?

25. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Hell yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.