LOTR Trilogy Tuesday

Discussion in 'Tulsa, OK' started by banditajs, Nov 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. banditajs Jedi Knight

star 1
    While Jake is saying here goes nothing: here's mine.

For LOTR Tuesday, Russ and I were thinking of having everybody over that would like to watch the first 2 extended LOTR movies. THen after wards, we can all go watch the midnight (or what ever time it starts) of Return of the King.

Let me know what you think. :)
  2. pinata242 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, I know I'll be at the theater for the midnight showing no later than 7:00 so you'd have to start reeeeaaalllly early. Last year I remember being there around 7:30 and still not being first in line. I expect this one will have a much bigger draw. Luckily I had some wonderful people to pass the time and play trivial pursuit with. Billy and Kenzi were there too, they'd remember who I'm talking about :)

There's no excuse for us not to be first in line. No group of people have more experience waiting in line than Star Wars fans.
  3. GENERAL_FEL Jedi Knight

star 3
    Brent,

I'm with you, too!

As for watching FotR and TTT that day before RotK opens, I don't know. I will have to see how things pan out at work that week. But I wouldn't count me in or out just yet.
  4. RogerRoger517 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just a thought, probally wouldn't be ideal watching conditions, but could a monitor be set up at the line showing the first two?
  5. FaceLoran Jedi Knight

star 3
    With those portable DVD players, or a laptop with DVD drive, it wouldn't be hard at all.
  6. IMAXPoe Jedi Knight

star 2
    A laptop or portable dvd player would be ideal but you should be able to get power for a small TV/DVD combo where ever you go to see the film.
    Heath
  7. AladdinSane Jedi Knight

star 1
    Curious if one should be concerned about legal matters and copyright notices ... Do you think the theatre would appreciate someone showing the same movie outside of their door?

Maybe we could do one Monday night and one Tues afternoon.
  8. IMAXPoe Jedi Knight

star 2
    That's the thing. Unless you are going to watch the film at the Promenade theatre then you won't need to worry about it. My understanding right now is that only theatres getting the Trilogy will do the first 2 films 2 weeks prior to ROTK. Now that may change but right now it shouldn't be an issue. Plus you are personally watching it and not selling tickets to it so you shouldn't have to worry about the copyright issue.
  9. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I hate finals!
    I hate finals!
    I hate finals!
    I HATE FINALS!!!

Need I say more?
  10. GENERAL_FEL Jedi Knight

star 3
    So, Shelbi, what are your thoughts on finals? :confused:

Don't hold back. Let us know how you feel.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.