main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary LOTR: TTT Outing

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DRK_HLMT, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Seeing that we will not have an official meeting this month, I was planning on going out to see Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers on the 20th. Anyone interested in joining me? I haven't decided where to go to see it but if it opens on the digital projector in Annapolis, that's where I would like to go.

2. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    "You have my sword"
    "And you have my bow"
    "And my axe"

"I will help you with your quest so long as it is yours to bear."

Count me in Drk_Hlmt!

3. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I'll most likely be going to Muvico. But if Annapolis does get a digital copy, I'll seriously consider going there.

4. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    One movie to rule us all,

One movie to find us,

One movie to bring us all and in the Darkness bind us........For about 3 hours along with hot buttered popcorn. :D

5. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    :D LMAO :D

[Gollum] This movie is mine! It is my PRECIOUS![/Gollum]

6. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Ever notice how Hobbits and Yoda are similar?

Hobbits are simple creatures with no flavor for adventure or excitement. They have not interest in the goings on outside the Shire.

Yoda, a simple yet old Jedi Master who preaches: "Adventure, excitement, a Jedi craves not these things." He just chills in his Jedi Temple, or the hutt on Dagobah. And, I won't even mention the pointy ears or furry feet.

So in conclusion, Star Wars could be titled: "Star Wars: or There and Back Again, A Yoda's Tale." :D

Or, in the spirit of Space Balls:

Lord of the Schwartz
    The Fellowship of the Merchandising
    The Two Franchises
    Return of the Yogurt

7. DarthMaulchael

DarthMaulchael Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2002
    Hehe. Good one.

I'll be going to Muvico the day it comes out, but I am also a big LOTR freak, so maybe I"ll stop by. By the way: should we be reserving tickets? The twentieth is not that far from the debut.

8. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    "I made a promise, Mr Frodo! A promise!"
    I promised that I'll go see TTT anytime that is possible. M.M. and I should probably be there, if school doesn't interfere. I'm sure hopin'.

Son of M.M.

9. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Whats the release date on that?

10. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Wed., Dec. 18th. Tickets have already went on sale.

11. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    The times for the shows on the 20th are

11:30AM 3:15PM 7:00PM 10:45PM

I'm shooting for 7:00PM. Is that a good time for everyone else? If so you can go ahead and purchase your tickets here
    Muvico Tickets Online

12. kasjedi

kasjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    Digitial projection for LOTR - TTT? Is that possible? I thought it was shot on film?

I, for one, would really like to see it opening night, the 18th, with people.

kasjedi

13. gh0stdevil

gh0stdevil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Digital projection simply means they use a computer projector to show the movie, which is not stored on film like most movies, but on a hard drive. It still is shot on film, so it won't be as crisp as Ep 2, but you won't get any of those grainy lines running down the side of the screen, or any pops or bubbles in the picture.

In summary, the change from regular projector to digital projector won't be as big in TTT as Ep 2 because it was shot on film. But there WILL be an improvement.

As much of a film / computer junkie as I am, I'd rather see it closer to home, Muvico. I'd prefer if we see it on a Friday or Saturday that we meet super early to avoid crowds, which now that the HOLIDAY SEASON is upon us, will be 10 times as bad. =/

I have another suggestion. It may be out of some people's way, but there is a theatre over by me in Linthicum (by the airport) which is by itself (no annoying mall to deal with) and it's HARDLY EVER packed...it's nice and quiet, out of the way of everything.

We could still go get something to eat afterwards if people wanted.

Let me know if anyone wants to go opening night. I know I am!! =)

Chris

14. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Are you talking about Hoyts?

I'll probably be going to Muvico on the 18th.

15. gh0stdevil

Jun 3, 2002
    Yeah, Hoyts.

The problem with a mall theatre is...it's ONE WEEK before X-Mas. EVERYONE and their brother will be trying to wedge their butts into that mall to buy up every last Dancing Elmo or whatever toy is hot this year.

Chris

16. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    And add the fact that it's Muvico (which is always crowded), and then multiply it by the fact it's Lord of the Rings.

17. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    Speaking of the Hoyts in Linthicum, we'll be there opening day as well. We're going at 3:45, and have an extra ticket. If there are any takers, just post. The cost is $6.00, or whatever the box office charges for an adult matinee ticket (which I think is $6.00). Any buyers?

M.M.

18. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    I've already got my tickets for the 20th at 7:00 P.M. I was planning on showing up at about 5:30 or so and hang out by the theater until they let us in. So if any of you guys want to come I'll be at the arcade in the theater at around 5:30. See ya there!

Edit: I guess I should say which theater huh. I'll be at the Muvico. :)

19. Takwolf

Takwolf Jedi Master star 2

May 9, 2002
    Is anyone going to the 12.01 viewing, Tuesday night at the Senator?

Tak

20. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    I wish I could Tak, but my work precludes me from doing a midnight outing, especially for a 3 hour movie. Plus I've already purchased my tickets for the 20th at 7:00 P.M. at the Muvico. One thing I didn't really think of until recently was the amount of people at the mall on the weekend, seeing that Christmas is the week after, there will be a lot of procrastinators, including myself, out running around like Gungan's with their heads chopped off, so I hope I can find a good parking spot and also be able to get my posh seat in the theater!

21. gh0stdevil

Jun 3, 2002
    Let's see. Parking at Arundel Mills Mall, going to see Lord of the Rings at 7 PM. Here goes:

Arundel Mills Parking: 1-2 Hours
    5 Days Beore Christmas: +2 Hours
    Prime-Time Movie at Muvico: +1 Hour
    LORD OF THE FRICKIN RINGS: +1 Hour

You're looking at roughly 6-7 hours early. Go at noon, you shouldn't have a problem. ;P

Chris

22. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I thought gh0stdevil's post was gonna be a Mastercard ad. 8-}

23. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, on top of that you have

+1 hour for standing in line for tickets.
    +2 hours standing at the front of the line so you get a decent seat.

Finding out Gandalf is still alive: PRICELESS!!!

For everything else, there's the RING of POWER.

24. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Or you could go this way MuttandSolo:

Buying tickets online for the show - 5 minutes 3 seconds.

Finding a parking spot within a 5 mile radius of the Muvico - 3 hours 15 minutes.

Taking a sweet parking spot from the guy who decided to back into it - PRICELESS

For everything else there's Master Parking Card!! ;)

25. kasjedi

kasjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    Ah - but you forgot the waiting in line for 2 hours to pick up those tickets you bought online because the stupid machines never seem to work at Muvico.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.