main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary LOTR: TTT Outing

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DRK_HLMT, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Oh and sorry to do this, but in my haste to get together with you guys for a movie I failed to realize that my last day of work is the 20th, and so I'll be out of town for vacation from Friday until January 5.

Sorry. Enjoy though. I'll make sure to see it on vacation. I'll be overe by my parents and Sithspawn so I'll probably go with him to see it.

2. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Nooooo!!! That's not true MuttandSolo!! That's impossible!! You have to come!

Alright then, the Dark Side I sense in you. You have failed me for the last time MuttandSolo. Do or do not, there is no try. Guess I'll just go to Tashi station alone to get those power converters.

I know, this post makes no sense but I felt like throwing in some Star Wars lines. ;)

Let me know when you and Sithspawn decide to go see the movie, I want to tag along too!!

3. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Wel Hlmt, you can come if you want to drive all the way out to Salisbury to see it. Its close to Ocean City. I doubt you would trek all that way to find out Gandalf lives!

4. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Your right MuttandSolo, I'd have to use Ludicrous speed to get there and then I might run the risk of going to plaid if I do!!! But if you and Sithspawn wouldn't mind sitting through another 3 grueling hours of TTT, then maybe we could go again after our next meeting. Or some other movie of your liking. And no MuttandSolo and Sithspawn, I will not sit through another showing of Steel Magnolias or The English Patient again!!

5. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Yeah, I'm sure it will still be playing and still packed at our January meeting. As for Sithspawn, well if we can eliminate all medical reasons for skipping another meeting (the Hypochondriac! ;) ), then I think we can get him to come with us!

6. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I wasn't particularly fond of the first LOTR movie, so I doubt I want to sit through another one. Count me out.

7. ZamIAm

ZamIAm Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2002
    I dunno-- ghostdevil/chris, I think we might be able to go w/ya to hoyts. Me and Jim... I gotta check. I really wanna use my VISA! Everywhere you want to be... and I don't wanna be at Arundel Mills ie.(no waiting hassles) After Arundel mall's 501 incidents, I would really like to refrain from screaming shopping moms with those-run-you-over strollers.
    We have a coupon from the dvd we purchased. BTW-If you all bought the dvd of the first episode, you might find a coupon too! Woohoo! Chris, set a time and date, and maybe we can meet up with ya. Dark Helmet-hope ya don't take offense, I have just come to dispise Arundel Mills crowds this time of year.

8. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Your Right ZamIAm about the Arundel Mills traffic and pushy people. I am beginning to regret getting tickets there now. :(

9. ZamIAm

Oct 22, 2002
    I am sorry! At least you have them! :D there, how's that? Ok ok, if worse comes to worse, we could always see it this saturday and you could join us and get a refund on yer tickets. or or or... I dunno. Oh, did I mention, that we're free this sat? Anyone up for this sat at the Hoyt's? Mebbe we could all go matinee or sumthin. (i am sorry I am so evil..)

10. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I got my tickets for Wednesday night. I'll be in New York for Friday and Saturday, so I can't go.

11. ZamIAm

Oct 22, 2002
    Hey, I think we have about 6 people goin to the 3:45 pm at the Hoyt's so far. Anybody else? All aboard! woo woo! :) Sorry we couldn't meet up w/ya mogook. My sched stinks, I can never take off work early or anything during the week. My only free days are Sat and Sun.

12. Takwolf

Takwolf Jedi Master star 2

May 9, 2002
    Guys I just saw it last night. I will not give anything away. ALSOME battles!
    I enjoyed it alot. Now I cant wate for the next one.

Tak

13. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    All I can say: WOW...over and over again. It was amazing!! The Fellowship was incredible and the Two Towers is even better than that. Jackson is a god!

M.M.

P.S. We were at the 3:45 at Hoyts in Linthicum; if there were any MD Fan Force people there I didn't know you!

14. ZamIAm

Oct 22, 2002
    Welp, we'll be theres on the 3:45 pm at linthicum hoyts on SATURDAY. Ok, yes, i am jealous you went on opening night, as I always am (I hate not being able to take off work) So it was that good eh? Good thing you guys can only taunt me until saturday... sheesh...:D

15. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    I just got back and i have to say i was very impressed.

16. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Yes, awesome battles. I think it's better than the first one.

17. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    Did anyone else notice that the Nazgul dragon's face looked kind of like the Acklay? When I left the theater I could have sworn that there was a resemblance. Also, it was cool how Sauron's eye looked like those blue power barriers that Anakin and Obi-Wan flew through when they were chasing Zam. In the four DVD set on one of the interviews a WETA guy said that during production Rick McCallum came down to New Zealand to check out their work and, while there, offered to crib them some ILM stuff. Wonder if the effects used for Sauron's watching eye is a gift from George...

I'm going to watch more closely when I see it again and take a good look at the Nazgul dragon's face.

M.M.

18. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Okay, first let me just say that I will NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER GO BACK TO THE MUVICO AGAIN!!!!!!

We got there like two hours before the movie and grabbed a bite to eat. Then we got in line for the 7:00 show. We were number 3 in line. At 6:45 the theater people came over and told us that we have to go over to theater 14. When we got there the theater was already packed and the only seats were at the very front. Needles to say we were very, very upset. I went to the counter and got my money back and gave the poor guy at the counter every explative I could get out of my mouth at the speed of light. So now I'm home. Still haven't seen the movie, but I know one thing for a fact. Muvico will NEVER get my business again. And I think that the guy at the counter as well as the manager and half the poeple in the mall knows that as well.

Thank you for letting me vent. I'm still mad though! :mad: :mad: :mad:

19. ZamIAm

Oct 22, 2002
    Um... ya wanna join us today at 3:45 show at Hoyt's? I want you to be a happy dark helmet. Come with us! Sorry, but bad vibes i sensed from muvico... I was trying to pursuade you earlier. I TRIED. You must admit, i TRIED. PM sent.

20. ZamIAm

Oct 22, 2002
    Yeah! We met Ghostdevil and his friends there. Um... lets just say, I liked the trees. And does anyone play warcraft three? Doesn't this just have an uncanny relationship to that game? Anycow, for those of you who haven't seen it, enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.