main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW LOTR- Two Towers meet

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Ayla_Kenobi, Nov 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Yeah, I never really noticed the problem with that shot either. Looked good to me

2. Darth_Punk

Darth_Punk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I actually thought that it was quite impressive that shot.
    The only problem i have with Legolas is as Scream says he can kill 6 orcs in 6 seconds with 6 arrows, but constantly has about 10 arrows in his backpack. I just dont know where they keep coming from. When he went into battle at Helms Deep, he had no more than 15 arrows in his pack, which i think is hardly enough for an army of 10000+.
    But then again its only a movie.
    :)

3. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    Legolas's quiver is the precursor to the hollywood gun, never have to reload, always a full chamber.

4. Ayla_Kenobi

Ayla_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    it is a never empty arrow bag. Like a tim tam packet. Once it's empty, it refills itself instantly. As for the scene. I never picked any problems cause there was so much happening that I had just quickly glance at Legolas getting on the horse without thinking about it too much.

5. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Maybe he's like Link (Zelda series), he finds them off the ground after a battle

6. Stunt_Monkey

Stunt_Monkey Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    It was mentioned in the books as that.....
    So i paid no attention to it really

7. maestrino

maestrino Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    First time I saw that shot of Legolas getting on his horse in the weirdest (but, yes, coolest) way possible, I thought it looked like it had been shot backwards. Now I'm not so sure.

As for the arrows.. well.. they just don't show the bits where he goes around picking up all his spent ones! Wrenching them out of orcses eyes and so on. :D

8. Somebody_For_Someone

Somebody_For_Someone Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2001
    yeah legolas does pick up all his arrows. and the reason why they had the really cool cgi-shot of him getting onto the horse was because that was when orlando bloom fell off the horse and broke his rib. they completely forgot about that shot until the pickups, but orlando couldn't make it (he was filming ned kelly at the time and he grew a beard for that).

The ppl at the Coucil of Elrond forums have also put together a transcript of TTT. :)

9. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Maes I thought it was played in reverse at first too, it's just a problem of getting the horses to run backwards. ;)

10. Somebody_For_Someone

Sep 27, 2001
    and they'd need the right timing for everything :)

11. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    When you look closely you can tell when they use minatures and stop/go motion(few of the ents shots, and most of the aerial views), CGI (Wargs, most of the armies and battle scenes). It's clever how they blended it all in. More importantly, The SOUNDTRACK, More than Impressive, up on par with John Williams, Howard Shore did an excellent job! I often wonder how would John William approach this series if he got the job instead?

12. Somebody_For_Someone

Sep 27, 2001
    who knows? all i can think is that he wouldn't have gotten such a kick in the face...

13. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    The only problem i have with Legolas is as Scream says he can kill 6 orcs in 6 seconds with 6 arrows, but constantly has about 10 arrows in his backpack.

3 words: Quiver of Plenty.

(Now all we gotta do is wait for someone who actually gets the joke to read it.... :D)

14. Ayla_Kenobi

Ayla_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    I love the soundtrack except for the closing credit song. I felt they could have done better with it.

15. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Yeah, Gollum's song. It's a bit painful on the ears

16. Pigalek

Pigalek Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2001
    They should of had Smegols fish song.
    Twas funny!

Syrix if you're suggesting what I think you are with that "quiver of plenty" (And I hope you're not) then you're a sick boy :p

17. Somebody_For_Someone

Sep 27, 2001
    LOL I'm starting to get what you mean now syrix!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.