main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY LotR

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mayhem, Nov 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Not sure if this was mentioned before..probably was but I can't remember..dang jedi mind wipes..LOL
    Anyway, are there anye plans of people getting together to see Lord of the Rings on the 19th?. Aysa, me and a couple of friends will probably be seeing it in the city(since Aysa and I both work here that day)

2. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Some of us will be seeing it at UA14 at 8:00 on the 19th.

3. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    Figures its sold out already .....oh well.....see ya soon

4. Shoeless Jedi

Shoeless Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2000
    sold out already?! damn! I hope I can find tickets somewhere, I wanna see it opening day so bad.

5. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    Fear not, ShoelessJedi. Notice that the UA 14 and the Loews E-walk ("Ewok") are the only Manhattan theaters listed so far on MovieFone; it is still too early for all the theaters to have showtimes available for ticket sale.

A similar thing happened with Harry Potter; I jumped on tickets for a showing at the Sony Lincoln Square, which then was the only Manhattan one listed. It wasn't even in the "good" room (Screen 1). (Each screening room there was supposed to be a replica of a great movie palace of NYC's past, and instead they're all just stage-black with broken seats. [face_plain] )

6. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    I think the Zig. is going to show it. They still have Monsters Inc. but they come up on the moviefone.com site. Not to mention UA14 is barely showing any times even for the weekend so they still probably have shows to announce

7. asax

asax Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2001
    I'll be there on the 19th at the UA, no doubts there.

I do hope that it ends up at the Zieg, or at least the Astor Plaza...

And I really really hope that no matter where it is, when I go to see it, I'll get the dang Forbidden Love trailer!!!!

8. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    upping this for dp4m

9. Echo

Echo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    hey all.

now, i could have sworn i posted this last week, but i can't find it anywhere.... in any case- i work a block away from the Ziegfeld and got some info last friday.

here's the dellio as far as the Zig goes:

THEY DON'T KNOW if they'll be getting it!!!!

they are commited to showing OCEANS 11 stating the 7th .. but apparently there is a chance that they will have LOTR on the 19th, but they wont know TILL DEC 10TH!!!! (... guess if it does poorly... i dunno)

so anyway, my advice is NOT TO WAIT for the Zig. they may end up showing it there, in which case i'll be bummed cause i already got my tix for Union Sq., but as of now it up in the air- and i can't see them getting rid of Oceans 11 in a week and a half.

but that just my opinion.

10. Inkling

Inkling Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2001
    A handful of NYliners will be seeing the midnight show at the E-Walk. Myself (Jamey Shafer), Viktor Lundburg, Jason Roer, and Mowgli Infante will be there, in addition to few non-line members who hung out on the line. We are part of a group organized through theonering.net. Let me know if any of you will be there for that showing.

11. Shoeless Jedi

Shoeless Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2000
    Got this in my email a couple days ago:

"Dear Jason,

We at Loews appreciate the opportunity to contact you with special
    offers and news of upcoming events. Now, we are especially excited
    to offer you the chance to be the first to see The Lord of the Rings
    at an exclusive advance presentation hosted by Gandalf himself,
    Sir Ian McKellen.

On Tuesday evening/Wednesday morning (December 18/19) at 12:01AM,
    Ian McKellen will introduce a special midnight presentation of
    The Lord of the Rings on the Imax screen at Loews Lincoln Square.
    This exclusive opportunity to hear Mr. McKellen speak about the
    most highly anticipated movie of the year won't be available anywhere
    else in the country - only at Loews."

I and some friends ordered our tickets as soon as I read that. Looks like I'm gonna catch a midnight premiere afterall :D
    So anyone else gonna be there?

12. Echo

Echo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    count yourself one of the lucky ones shoeless jedi!

i got that email too late and it was all sold out by the next day.

crushed, in denial and completly depressed, i called the IMAX theater. the woman i spoke to said she thought it was in fact, not sold out, but for some reason the theater manager had "locked down" that showtime- and she told me to call back the next day, when the manager would be in.

so i did just that. but it seems she was just confused... or uniformed, i dunno. she said the reason why she thought the "sold out" status the day before had been a mistake was because they simply didn't understand why that show was sold out a week and a half in advance.

didn't understand????

i thanked her for her time and hung up the phone not understanding how some people know nothing about the industry they work in.

anyway, SJ, have a great time! it's sure to be an amazing experience.

13. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    Well, Aysardra and I are heading to New Roc City, in New Rochelle to see it on the 19th at 8:30pm. They're actually showing it on an Imax Screen.

14. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    Feh! What kind of losers wait in line stay up til midnight for some dumb movie! You would NEVER catch ME doing something so silly! :)

::goes to check http://www.nyline.org to see if any registration info has been postd::

:p

15. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    lol Lady Sith....Is that because the Dark Lady of the Sith gets her minions to do it for her?
    "Do not underestimate the power of the darkside"

16. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    This movie was awesome!!!!!!

Must see it again soon.

17. jandimin

jandimin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 23, 2000
    must agree with mysterysith! it was damn near perfect. what's even better is that i don't have to wait three years to find out what happens to the characters, though i wish i didn't have to wait another year to see the next one.

18. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    I had a ticket for yesterday but I got stuck at work and dindn't get to go. :( Now I don't know when I'll get to see it. I wasted 11.00 to sit at work and complain about missing the movie. :( Glad to hear it was good though. At least there is hope that it will be worth 22.00 to see it once.

19. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    I too would love to see it again. I couldn't fully enjoy the movie because I got a seat right by the entrance, and some orc-brained fools were yelling and carrying on outside through the whole thing.

The after-show ("When Tolkien Fans Attack") was fun. "They cut out Tom Bombadil! I want my money back!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.