main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC LOTR2-What did you think?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithLord-Mixo, Dec 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Lute: I have actually! It didn't work perfectly as you have to syncronise the final lions roar on the MGM symbol with the beginning of the album: you should have it paused at the start, as pressing play takes longer and it wont work.

Dags: I still think deep down purely cinematic comparisions are viable.
    Storyline aside, TTT is definitely a more comprehensively put together piece. It's effects look gritty, realistic and epic.

AOTC's are in places easily the equal of this (such as the Clone War on Geonosis) but some of them (ie. Dooku's crappy lookin' force lightning or Anakin playing rodeo on a flea thing) let the movie down.

Cinematography and Soundtrack are both impressive, but AOTC's soundtrack sounds too much like a "rehash" of old tunes, with not another originality and re-integration of sound. (ATS is an acception here)

And on the acting performances (one of my more emphatic concerns) I believe that when we look at Miranda, Vince, Sir Ian, Christopher Lee and all in sundry, they easily come out on top when compared to Natalie "I'm really cast for my appearance in this role" Portman and Hayden "I'm identical to how I act in that Canadian show on the mountain...typecast anyone?" Christensen.

Binks/Yoda vs Gollum is...well, I like Yoda as much as the next fanboy, but let us face it: Gollum is probably going to win an oscar if allowed to be nominated.

AOTC's saving grace was in the performance of Ian McDiarmid and Christopher Lee: showing the young'uns how to act convincingly in any given role.

But purely removed from the basic "storyline" aspects which I agree, do not lend much to valid comparisions, comparing the two as cinematic entities yeilds an obvious and sad result.

Peter Jackson makes better movies then George. George is - despite his greatness in history - no longer the movie making genius he once was.

Waits for ensuing controversy.

2. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    Gollum will not be nominated. They would surely once it is more wide spread create a seperate category for CGI!
    The only real actors i viewed where Sir Ian and Viggo. The Aussies mostly only gave token efforts at the most. Very out of their depth.
    How can you compare the acting to Star Wars, which everyone knows has the worst acting performances ever seen, in every episode. I don't watch it for the acting, if I did i would be a sad man!

3. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    No dramas PoT. It's all a matter of opinion anyway, and if you feel that TTT is a superior film to AOTC and GL doesn't cut the mustard anymore, then there's nothing wrong in saying that.

The problem with these forums (as I see all the time in the Fan Film section) is a soon as someone paints a well worded yet ultimately negative opinion on something, everyone else just jumps on them.

I'd like to think that in the Vic forums that people aren't so highly strung - which has turned out to be the case in this instance.

So there ya go.

"You may go about your business, move along..."

4. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Ah Dags, can you feel the love? :)

VicFF IS all love around here I would hope. The darker days of petty conflict are long gone. ;)

People are always welcome to post an opinion: be it negative or positive.
    Whilst people may feel inclined to call someone a "blighter" for their opinion, I feel it is always in jest. :)

I've never graced the fanfilm forums so I can't comment on them, but I know from bitter experience that the rest of the JC isn't as "accomodating" of other opinions as VicFF is.

5. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    Exactly what is a forum without your own expressive feelings and debate. This is a great world we live in!

6. -BENDER-

-BENDER- Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2003
    Some people still find it hard to allow someone else their own opinion though which really sux. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.