main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL LOTS: 2 March 2002 Shooting Day

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sandy, Feb 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandy

Sandy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    As many of you know, we're planning on making the first official shoot on 2 March 2002 for the upcoming fan film "Legacy of the Sith". If you want more background on this project check the 501st or Rebel Legion boards. We're trying hard to keep this from becoming a fiasco--which it will undoubtedly become despite our best efforts. We're hoping to at least keep it all manageable.

The goal of this shooting day is to:

(1) Get trooper shots to create in-garrison videos for the LOTS trailer
    (2) Get firefight shots with troopers searching through the jungle, firing, and being hit.
    (3) Get close-ups of troopers at both locations
    (4) Get various insert/improvisational shots

We plan to overshoot the guys in costume at all locations. If these shots aren't used for LOTS they may prove useful for another fan film. Any footage not incorporated directly into LOTS will be considered 100% public domain to anyone listed as a member of the Orlando Fanforce or 501st who uses it to create their own fan film.

We need volunteers to bring several of the following:

(1) A few boxes of the large, green trash bags

(2) Large pillows and cushions off of an old couch (to go inside the large, green trash bags)

(3) Several white or colored ropes (needed to define the boundaries of a scene for guys in armor with limited visibility)

(4) Hi-powered camping lights (to cast diffused light on the actors and reduce harsh shadows)

(5) A portable air horn (to cue the actors in armor)

Anyone with a DV camera who's willing to donate any tape they shoot on 2 March is encouraged to attend. Anyone willing to help out off camera is also welcome. Anyone who simply wants to spectate is NOT AT ALL WELCOME. Basically, if you show up, you help out. If you want to help out send me an e-mail at realshades@cfl.rr.com or reply here.

Right now, the shooting cast for 2 March 2002 is:

Director - Jay Pennington
    Fight Coordinator/Safety - Mike Haspil
    Cameraman - Sandy
    Stage Hand 1 - Katie
    Stage Hand 2 - Art

Trooper 1 - Scott Maul
    Trooper 2 - Clutch
    Trooper 3 - Darryl Roman
    Trooper 4 - (Skaught - if armor comes)

Royal Guard - Scott Maul/Darryl Roman (or both)

We may have a few more actors before the camera on 2 March but I don't want to speak before I've coordianted with them. If we have any more stormtrooper volunteers please let me know ASAP.

Lastly, if anyone has a van(s) that would be helpful as parking will likely be limited at some of the shooting locations. Carpooling is highly encouraged.

If I've overlooked anyone, please contact me--and post a reply here.

Sandy

2. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    I am not sure my armor will be in filming condition by then, still refitting for weight loss and someone else has my snapping tools... But I'll do my best.

You want me to bring my officer also right?

3. Wolfgang_Treadwell

Wolfgang_Treadwell Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    I'm bringing my armor, so it'll be available for anyone without armor who wants to participate.

4. Rogue428

Rogue428 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 9, 2001
    guess I need to balance up the old Glidecam too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.