Orlando, FL LOTS: 20 April Shoot Day

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Sandy, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandy Jedi Youngling

star 2
    To the LOTS volunteers,

We're going to try to reshoot the LOTS live action sequences on 20 April. This means we're looking for the all the Stormtrooper volunteers and the live actors. We could use a couple more behind the camera volunteers as well. We are NOT going to try to do any Orlando city shooting as all the city shots have been transferred to bluescreen shots with CG backgrounds. The shooting location we're using is private and located in Melbourne. We may use a second location west of Cocoa. This will be the only outdoor "power shoot" we're going to do and will be the only outdoor trooper shoot.

So far, 2 troopers are confirmed for this date. Who else can make the 20th? Unlike the 2 March shoot, the weather will have to be badly storming for this shoot to get cancelled and even then, I'll consider pressing forward since stormy weather will give LOTS the same look as other fan epics as Sith Apocalypse.

Please confirm who can make it and who can't. If you have no idea what I'm talking about but are curious, PM me or send an e-mail to realshades@cfl.rr.com .

Sandy
  2. LordGoldenArrow Jedi Master

star 2
    Sandy, I may have to go out of town that weekend for business. If not I'll be there! Art
  3. Rogue428 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I'll be able to make it.
  4. Thumper09 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll be there.
    Need couch cushions and garbage bags for this one?

-Katie
    Thumper
  5. SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Hey all,
    I can't make it. My Aircraft Accident Investigation class is taking a feild trip that day. I'll be in Flagler most of the day.
    Sorry,
    Buzz
  6. Delaya Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Darryl and I will be there!
  7. Wolfgang_Treadwell Jedi Youngling

star 1
  8. Skaught Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Don't forget to post info on the Fla 501st site! Some of us don't get over here.

What time in Melbourne? I keep forgetting it not Orlando. I could make Orlando, but Melbourne is a bit of a challenge...

Scott
  9. Sandy Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Grretings all from your rather delinquent LOTS producer....

First sorry to all. I didn't make the meeting due to car issues that I thought I'd have solved prior to launch time but which ran longer than I thought.

The 20th shoot is indeed in Melbourne. All of the Orlando shots have been redirected to bluescreen shots. Melbourne has the only acceptable jungle setting we've found that matches the footage from Hawaii -- sorry Skaught.

Again, we're planning on meeting up at 09:00 at the Lowes off 519. Meet at the south side by the garden area. I'll be driving a white Mustang GT with Hawaii license plates.

To get there from Orlando, take 528 east to 520 east. At the intersection of 520 and I95 turn south and go four miles down I95 to 519. (The sign here says Fiske but you will be turning onto Barnes Blvd). When you come off of the freeway, make the circle and go over the bridge. Lowes will be cornered with the stoplight at the end of the bridge. Either turn right on Barnes and then turn into the parking lot or go straight and then turn right into the parking lot.

We'll be grouping and reviewing the shooting sked and then traveling five miles to the shooting sight.

As before, we'll need lots of pillows, large trash bags, and old couch cushions. Stormtroopers, please ensure you have appropriate footwear as we will not be framing you below the bottom of the knees. You will be in dirt which may be a bit muddy. Bring as wide a variety of weapons as you have available. Anyone who has an Imperial officer (Army) uniform is also welcome. If anyone has naval officer uniforms and wants to participate, please contact me as we'll want to get you sked for the bluescreen shoot. Ideally, I'd also like to have two other safety spotters. We currently have two but I'd feel better with four since the stormtrooper helmet's field of vision is so small.

If there are any questions, please send me an e-mail at realshades@cfl.rr.com .

Again, thanks to all. If I've forgotten anything, hit me across the head. When I regain conciousness, I'll try to get the answer to you.

Art and Buzz, thanks for letting me know ahead of time so we didn't stand around waiting for you and publically cursing you. Now, I can save all the curses for private times :)

Skaught, sorry about cancelling Orlando. Please PM me and let me know how this impacts you and whether you can swing this at all.

Darryl and Stefani, we need to talk. If you are on ICQ tonight at about 22:00 please hit me on chat. Otherwise, I'll try to send you an e-mail tonight.

Jay, I haven't been to work since Friday so if you've sent anything there please resend to the realshades addy. I need to send you an e-mail tonight as well.

Sorry guys, I gotta run. I'll try to check this again tonight.

Sandy
  10. Wolfgang_Treadwell Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Maps to Lowe's:
    at Lowe's.com

...and at mapquest, although it's so long the board wouldn't turn it into a link. You'll have to cut/paste it in pieces:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?zoom=6&mapdata=3Y5TK1Lw1y9pSP6XImoim1AAR7PRkRQ0qi69vav%2b7wlxkoBN8LsVx82XttYTt0Rif%2bifIGJ58aybInuO9x7%2fLMAE1FQ%2fER2WwVzb7eHK4tXy%2bAR2iNJo7jyeeZl4PY7K%2beJrqi1Majujd5fxWgFkb65D7VIFNwOWorL%2fvly7%2bVs8gGmnlExaGcY8mMOQPR6T03TfUzHDcTG0Yq4PcqDsDrVLLNBr%2blxG1QdK56rnDnl7mtFaKLbGZs33AQmKoGqxisuA9mxFN%2b1nyyf7TdW1DVnnSL1Srs%2bj5wztk4hV1G94seBbIEd%2flaTrD8zMYpJNUR%2bLqFI%2b5qsZzyPdb%2fIXleKrITL4sBEK%2b1Tnn76SQyk%3d
  11. Delaya Jedi Youngling

star 2
  12. SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling

star 3
    ummmmm......... I'm going to be there after all..... Sorry to be a bit of a flake.
    Buzz
  13. Sandy Jedi Youngling

star 2
    To the attendees, one last thing. For anyone who can, please try to bring pillows, trash bags, old cushions, DV cams, tripods, and any props you have that might contribute to the shoot. The more Imperial trooper weapons the better.

Sandy
  14. Rogue428 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Good days worth of shooting...I haven't looked at the footage yet (except through my Cam's viewfinder...but it looks great)...I will get some still up tomorrow.
  15. Sandy Jedi Youngling

star 2
    A big thanks to:

Buzz
    Clutch
    Darryl
    Jay
    Katie
    Mike
    Skaught
    Stefani

Here's a couple of stills. The young padawan is a composite.

[image=http://www.realshades.com/images/stef-padawan-01-mod1.jpg]

and

[image=http://www.realshades.com/images/lots-troops-001-mod1.jpg]

and finally

[image=http://www.realshades.com/images/gita-guard-01-mod1.jpg]

Sandy
  16. Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Those are really good shots!

Great work everyone.
  17. SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling

star 3
    It was too much fun!
    What a fantastic crew to be a part of!!! I couldn't have picked a better batch of freinds to hang out with. We could have been playing canasta all day and it still would have been superior company to be in.
    What a learning experience. I think everyone out the had the patience of Job.
    I've bee practicing my Batman leaps out of the trees in the backyard in case I need to do that again.
    Thanks for letting me be there.
    Buzz
  18. Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Batman leaps out of trees? I hope no kds are in seeing distnce. :D

Are the leaps like what he does in the cartoons or the movies?

Mayo
  19. SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling

star 3
    More like Buzz falling out of a tree.....
  20. Rogue428 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Some pics up now at my site. With have some screenshots of the live footage soon.
  21. Rogue428 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Frame captures from the footage are now up also. Stuff looks fantastic!

I love this pic!

[image=http://www.apocprod.com/images/LOTS/Padawan_in_trouble%20copy.jpg]

as a side note:
    Sandy, ran into some problems capturing on the laptop. It dropped frames here and there. Nothing wrong with the footage, I just don't think my laptop can cut it on long captures....of course..the harddrive is almost full..so it could be that too.
  22. Skaught Jedi Youngling

star 2
    It was a fun day! The drive wasn't TOO bad...:)

Would it be okay to snag a few shots for my site? How about a shot of the rocket launcher firing!!!???

Scott
  23. SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Fantastic update!!!!!! Thanks for sharing that!
  24. Sandy Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Mike,

No prob. I've cleared about 7 gigs from mine and will have at least 13 more cleared off in a day or so. We can drop it all on my system. (He says hopefully, trusting fully to an untested firewire port).

Actually, my favorite of the set you posted has to be this one...

[image=http://www.apocprod.com/images/LOTS/Padawan_in_trouble2%20copy.jpg]

... a perfect face-off shot. Compliments to Jay for setting it up.

Jay,

Thanks for the dilligence in ensuring all the shots were set-up effectively.

Mayo,

Don't believe the others. Buzz flew from the tree. He didn't fall. Unfortunately, the ground rushed up and hit him sooner than he thought.

Troopers,

Many thanks for enduring the heat. I was cooking in shorts and shirt.

Sandy
  25. Wolfgang_Treadwell Jedi Youngling

star 1
    WOW, it came out great!! I'm glad the footage taken in the shade isn't as dark as the viewfinder would have us believe.

After I got home I realized we may need to reshoot parts of the dialogue between the Explorer and the Padawan. I think we crossed the axis.

Everybody there did a GREAT job. And I don't just mean that in a "everybody gets a blue ribbon" way, either. Superb efforts in front of and behind the camera, in less than comfortable conditions (at least it wasn't as hot as it was in Jax on Sunday...whew, it was a scorcher!).

My thanks to everyone for the hard work and a job well done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.