main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Lots and lots of legitimate Star Wars questions (pose here)and answers

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Lute-Leigh_the-Hut, Aug 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lute-Leigh_the-Hut

Lute-Leigh_the-Hut Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    ZING! I'm ready for battle against you always Mixo. You are the only one posing a good debate against me. True talent in its rawest form pierces my eyes when I read your witty remarks.

I vote YES to Vic FanForce.
    I vote YES to Star Wars.
    I vote YES to you Mixo.

Is there another topic you or maybe someone else for once, would like to discuss about Episode 2 and its lacklustre ability (or if you're pro to it, its gyratingly pulsing ability) to entertain?

2. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    Mixo has reigned supreme.For generations I have cared for your type. I have looked over battlefields of woe and decay.I have saved your humanity for you. And also starred in 4 very good short movies!

I am Rabbit
    I am Ninja
    I am Mixo

Lute_Leigh what is your opinion on the the state of warfare-technology in the Star Wars universe?

3. Lute-Leigh_the-Hut

Aug 20, 2002
    Warfare and Technology you say? That's a sore point. It's inpressive to watch, but if you took out all the effects what would you have?

The Star Wars universe is the most technologically advanced universe in theory. Tell me then why is it that their instruments of warfare are basically on par with earth in this day and age?

Heavy Repeater Rifle = Machine gun
    Imperial Blaster = Slower machine gun with extremely bad acuracy when fired by a stormtrooper.
    Light Sabre = Sword
    Thermal Detonator = Grenade
    Disruptor Rifle = Sniper Rifle
    Wookie Bowcaster = Crossbow

For starters the Sword and Crossbow are ancient. For such technological advancement they should be using something such as a sonic gun, that pierces all peoples ears in a certain radius to implosion if they aligned on the opposite side.

Star Wars, or Stone Age Wars?

4. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    I think Lucas based the weaponry on fairly basic standards to make it recognisable for everyone. I do think though that such a technologically advanced society would have a much deeper grasp on the ways and terms of conflict. Why use starfighters and blasters? Very perosnal and expensive to make and maintain! The Deathstar was a great idea.
    I think the lightsabre is vital to StarWars and the Jedi. It gives them a spirtual effect and basically mirror-images the Samurai of long ago. Surely a gentleman would work out his differences up close and personal with a sword instead of a gun. The sword requires skill, the gun requires ammunition.
    Imperial Walkers---what a joke. Funny to watch ,but battle imperfect.
    Yes when it comes to warfare it is StoneAge Wars indeed.

5. Lute-Leigh_the-Hut

Aug 20, 2002
    I must admit, a Jedi is too 'pure' to carry a advantagous weapon (such as long-range guns). And they do recreate the samaurai of old. Lucas' greatest implementation of weaponry was the Sabre.

Jedi + light sabre = destruction.

Don't even fire at a Jedi with a sabre, reflection is a nasty thing.

Another point to consider other than weaponry is armor. Why is it that a stormtrooper goes down in one shot? Is it because the weaponry is more superior than we first thought? Or is armor not in the Star Wars vocabulary?

6. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Why is it that everybody goes down with one shot except for Leia? Everybody else bites the farm easily. What does their armour do?

Beats me?

7. Lute-Leigh_the-Hut

Aug 20, 2002
    Funny you mention Leia. She's the one who never wears any armour. Maybe it gives her the edge of dexterity. That little extra speeds helps her to dodge incoming fire while her blasts always hit and penetrate the armour.

8. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Maybe no one wants to shoot that body Oh that body. She is using force powers of boobyness. After all she is Lukes sister and Vaders spawn

9. Lute-Leigh_the-Hut

Aug 20, 2002
    Not to mention they wanted her alive.

10. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Even before Vader new she was his daughter I think his only criteria would have been that she had pulse(once!).

11. Lute-Leigh_the-Hut

Aug 20, 2002
    Mixo, watch your tone of language. Let's change to the subject of Darth.

How is it that a white boy when he grows up and dons a mask suddenly has a black-mans voice?

12. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    All will be explained in Ep3 Pleb!!!

13. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Once you have watched Chasing Amy, all will become clear to you on this issue.

14. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Hey Hawk once u actually catch Amy then your eyes and internal vision may widen !

Lute look beyond the pale facade of the story and into the mind of Lucas.

15. Lute-Leigh_the-Hut

Aug 20, 2002
    I'm bored with this. Let's move on. Give me a question. Any question about the trilogy, compared to today. Come on even you Hawk. You keep popping in every now and then.

And I've seen it. But I want more.

16. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    The Padiwans have no questions or answers

17. The-Lute

The-Lute Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 29, 2002
    This seems to be the only place where real Star Wars questions are asked. So I've brought it back.

Mixo, or anyone else game enough. In such a technologically advanced civilisation, why is it that the offence of a Star Wars space craft is quite good, but the defence is laughable (Not including Star Destroyers, and the Death Star)? Most X, Y-wings, and Tie-fighters go down in one blast.

18. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    I guess they are only starfighters with limited shielding. But also a question of how such a huge space station with state of the art defenses leaves a tiny opening just big enough for a torpedo?

19. The-Lute

Sep 29, 2002
    Think of computers. They need fans to dissapate the heat. The Death Star needs a single hole so it doesn't overheat. It's a pity the engineers decided to put it in the Death Star's most vunerable location. Maybe the rebels had an undercover engineer?

20. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Did the Deathstar run on a Pentium or Athlon?

21. The-Lute

Sep 29, 2002
    They're light years ahead, so it must be a combination of both. Instead of having the best of both worlds, unfortunately the chip borrows from each of their worst qualities instead.

The reason the Death Star moves so slow is factored into the Pentium side. It overheats because of the Athlon. Any other theories?

22. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    I think they should have had more cooling fans. The Athlon made it faster and cheaper but the Pentium would have given them reliablilty and support

23. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    The Emperor had gone to the Dark Side and used Pentium, but his arrogance blinded him to the need for adequate cooling. Instead he used simple turbofans when an Athlon core using liquid cooling could have crushed the Rebel scum completely, and there wouldn't have even been that damn vent!

24. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Also he should have been using a Matrox Video card and help keep down the heat and add to the rendering factor!

25. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    Absolutely, a dual head Matrox card could have provided him with two superlasers for blowing stuff up. Those darned Sith Lords just don't know jack about technology, they're stuck in their old ways...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.