main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Louisville Bats 2015 Outing

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Apr 7, 2015.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    With baseball season opening I thought we might look at the Bats home schedule and see if there was a night/day we wanted to do a group outing. There's plenty of time to discuss and plan. Schedule is here...
    http://www.milb.com/promotions/index.jsp?sid=t416
    Some standouts...
    Star Wars Night returns Saturday July 18. This was fun last year, Mindtwister even left his sick bed to take lead on this event for us.

Star TREK night is Saturday August 1. I guess maybe someone feels they have to give equal time to that "other franchise"? Do we want take pity on them and go just to swell their attendance numbers? We know they need all the help they can get :p

There are also games on May the Fourth and the next night (Revenge of the Fifth) but those are week night games so it might be tougher for folks to come out. And remember we're not just limited to one outing. We can go multiple times if we want.

Thoughts? Feedback?

JediLightside1966 likes this.
  2. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    A little late now if we wanted to plan a May the 4th outing so I'll start a Meet and Eat thread for May.

3. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    Yes Zannah and I are up for 18 July.

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Something to think about (and maybe discuss tonight) is how long do we want to wait before we get our group tickets to Star Wars night? 2 weeks before? 3 weeks? We want to make sure we get good seats. I was talking with someone at Free Comic Book Day that already had theirs.

5. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    I say two weeks is good.

6. xanatos1975

xanatos1975 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2004
    I want to go but I will have to see what my financial situation looks like closer to the time for tickets

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Okay 2 weeks before the game is July 4. So give me a firm number on your attendance by then and I can get the tickets so we all can sit together.

8. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
  9. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
  10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Just you Twister? Or you plus one?

11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Okay, tickets are purchased...I got five...me, my plus one, Relin, Mindtwister, and one more for Mindtwister if he needs it. If he doesn't it will be up for grabs. We're in section 121, Row V (at the top) seats 5-9. If anyone else wants to join in that's where we are. There was less to pick from in this section but I wanted us on the opposite side of where we were last year (with the sun in our eyes). We can also socialize on the concourse with anyone else that wants to get their own tickets. And if there's interest there's always Star TREK night too.

Relin likes this.
  12. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Have fun!
    I gotta work then, but I will be with you all in (force) spirit!

-Jammies

13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Okay game is at 6:05 PM and doors open at 5PM. Let's meet around 5:15-5:30 out front. I texted the last number I have for Mindtwister so hopefully he sees this. Weather forecast is Super hot with a chance of rain.

14. DarthLupine

DarthLupine Jedi Knight

Jun 23, 2007
    If I make this due to work scheduling, I should be there trooping with the 501st. Hopefully.

15. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    Gotcha! I'll try to get there as soon as I can on Saturday but I have to drop Brandy off at bingo first

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

16. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Excellent! You can keep me posted/give me your ETA via text ;)

17. DarthLupine

DarthLupine Jedi Knight

Jun 23, 2007
    Got to troop this with the 501st, it was awesome!!

18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Excellent! Glad it was a good experience for you Wolf.

The experience from the seats was quite a bit different than last year. The crowd was smaller and there were less Star Wars Tshirts (and costumes) in the crowd. Smaller crowd size we theorized may have been from the heat, Forecastle going on, people may be cleaning up from flooding this week and people may still have power out. It may also be that last year, being the first year, was more of a novel event.

Our seats were pretty awesome. We were in the shade, had a bit of an overhang in case it rained, a good view of the field and the bathrooms were right behind our section. Have to remember this area for future outings.

Home team won which always makes for a better night.

19. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Glad you all had fun, and if I was in town I would have been with you.
    WDRB this morning said it was a success for the Bats, so I am sure they will do it again next year. And the shirts were pretty cool! Well, Jerseys. I liked the X-wing pilots from last year better though.
    MTFBWY
    Jammies

20. DarthLupine

DarthLupine Jedi Knight

Jun 23, 2007
  21. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Looking good, I'm glad you all were inside.

22. DarthLupine

DarthLupine Jedi Knight

Jun 23, 2007
    Me too, it was hot as hell as it is, even inside in the AC, and I was not wearing armor!