main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Louisville Bats Star Wars Day

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Relin, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    I thought everyone might want to put this on their calendar. The bats are having a Star Wars Day Sunday July 27th and fans are invited to dress up as well. I think the game starts at 8:00.

2. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Sweet! I'll be in NW Indiana by then, but I'll see if Mom and I can make it down there. :)

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

3. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    Darth Maul at the Bats!! or, at least I will try to be there

4. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks for the heads up Relin!

5. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    They've invited the fans to dress up as well? Well now.... that has possibilities it does. [face_batting]

6. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    http://bit.ly/batss
    So this is actually at 6. Does anyone know (I'm sure someone does) where I can order a good Jedi belt and boots?

7. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
  8. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Appo and I will be at this one repping the Legion.

Relin... I truly do not know where you can get a belt this fast. I'm so sorry.. but I might have one you could borrow. I think it would fit you.

If you are going in costume, just let me know and I'll bring it with me.
    So far as boots, hmmmmmm..... that I'm not sure about. What size do you wear?

9. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    not sure if I will make it or not. If I do, it will not be in costume. The Maul stuff is undergoing alterations, and I am not wearing The Vox armor in that heat.

10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    You'll probably smack yourself for not thinking of it but you can get anything from Amazon these days. I did a quick search there for "jedi boots" and found the Funtasma ones that a lot of people use. I've used/use them myself. Also a search for "jedi belt" brings one up that looks pretty good, pretty similar to my first belt many moons ago.

11. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Hey Mika, a sledge hammer works in my case. "Pounds self in head". LOL!! Hey, would those same boots work for an Imp Officer uniform? Mine is complete but I still need the boots and having a dickens of a time finding them.

12. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    I know you mean Imperial Officer, but everytime someone say Imp Officer, I picture an imp in an officer uniform.

13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Most likely not. Those boots are more like jack boots which are fine for Imperial crewmen and tie pilots but officers need the taller knee high boots like Han Solo. I guess if you had short legs they might work. A lot of members get their boots from eBay by searching for Russian officer boots but it's really hit or miss. You can also try searching for equestrian boots. I just recently got a new pair of Imp Officer/Han boots from "Todd's Costumes" (just do a google search). A lot of people on the Rebel Legion boards spoke highly of them so I tried them. They're good boots and they were in stock so I got them quick. They weren't much more expensive than the eBay Russian boots once you figure in overseas shipping and everything. They were just a touch too high so I cut them down about an inch and a half and now they're perfect. Really happy with them.

14. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Wow Mika "Thank You"!!! You are "THE MAN"!! ^:)^[face_dancing]

Oh, quick question... how did the size run? Did you order your usual size or did you have to go up one? Sometimes these style boots run a size smaller than what they say they are.

Thanks again Mika.

15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I ordered my usual size and the fit was dead on. I'm not sure what it would be trying to convert ladies sizes to men's sizes though.

16. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Thanks ever so much Mika.. I just ordered Appo a pair of them. He's also putting an Imp together. What I'll do is go to a department store and try on some mens shoes. That'll help me get an idea of the conversion on them. [face_batting]

17. Darth Lupine

Darth Lupine Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 14, 2013
    Question on officer uniform.... Are you all putting these togheter from scratch or if ordering, were are you getting them at, specially the hat? I want a Star Destroyer captain uniform, and want to try and join the 501st....

18. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Oh my.... I'm going to begin another thread on costuming as I fear we've hi-jacked this one to boots and back. ;) Look for the costuming thread coming up.

19. CGodfrey

CGodfrey Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2014
    Hey everybody! I'm with WDRB in Louisville. Doing a story about Star Wars night at the Bats game. I'm looking for a Star Wars fan in Louisville that is excited about this tribute night, and/or a collector who is looking to get their hands on these one-of-a-kind jerseys. We're doing something for the 4pm news today (Thursday). Email me cgodfrey at WDRB.com or call 263 3185 (louisville area code)
    Thanks!
    Courtney Godfrey

20. Darth Lupine

Darth Lupine Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 14, 2013
    More on topic, going to this means I would have to watch a baseball game and not even Star Wars can make me endure torture of that magnitude!

21. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I saw the story...it was very good. I'm sorry we weren't able to help you. If you give us a little more warning next time I'm sure be able to take care of you. Keep us in mind for any future spots.

Link for anyone that didn't see it...
    http://www.wdrb.com/story/26047475/star-wars-to-take-over-louisville-bats-game

On a side note the wife and I visited Mindtwister in the hospital today and he saw this news spot and was pretty excited about it. He's hoping he'll be well enough to get out to it.

22. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Oh I hope so too Mika... but woe that would be stretching it me thinks. Only two weeks out from surgery. ... hmmmmm. We'll see, he's pretty bouncy.. Twisty's bounce. [face_dancing]

23. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    I am going to the game! Woohoo!!!

I want to know if we are all going to be sitting together, or do we just wanna hope we run into one another?

If we want to sit together, we can all meet somewhere near one of the gates and go all in together. I also would like to know who is going as well.

Also, don't know if you guys know or not, but if you come in costume, admission is $5.

Looking forward to hearing your input!

24. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    That's WUUUUUUUNDERFUL Twisty Guy!!

Appo and I will be there with the Legion, we're there in an Official capacity and will definitely be there in costume. I'll have an Imperial Officer uniform. Appo will either have on an Imperial Officer or a Jedi.

We'll see you all there! Oh hugs!!! ... but gently, gently. [:D]

25. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    I won't be there, sadly. cost, surgery on Tuesday, will just have too much on plate.