main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Louisville Light The Night 2016

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by VoxDeamonicus, Apr 21, 2016.

1. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    Did a lot of hard thinking. No matter how hard I try, I can't find the time needed to do the event this year. Not by myself. I would need help. Just can't make the math work.

However, I swore a promise to someone. Every year at the walk, they hand out name tags that say who you are walking for. I've never once written my name. I've always written that I was walking in memory of Lady M. Most years, along with a white ballon for being a survivor, I carry a gold one. The gold ones are in memory. Again, it is for Lady M. Only my family knows who she is. She was a special friend of mine. First met her when I did volunteer counseling for people with cancer. She had a type of blood cancer. Over the years we lose touch with each other, and reconnect again, before repeating the pattern. Seemed to be, no matter what, through moves and phones changes, she could always find me when she needed me. Sadly, and gratefully, those times were when she needed me. Every time she beat cancer, it didn't seem to take long before a new cancer would affect some other part of her body. She fought hard each time, and always overcame. Sadly, after many years, Cancer finally took her. The next year was the first year I did a LLS team. I swore she'd be the last friend, the last loved one, to die. I can't walk away from that. I have zero time to personally devote to my team. I know she would understand. When ever we talked, she would remind me to take care of myself. I'm not okay with it. I've registered a team for this year. I'll post links soon as I can.

I need help with this. Tell everyone. Everyone. Don't just donate, get others to do so as well. Talk to everyone. Please.

2. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Thank you for doing this Vox. And please, do take care of yourself.

VoxDeamonicus likes this.
  3. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks Vox, looking forward to this year.

Oh, and I'll make sure to tell it to kanjiklub :D

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  5. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    yes it is. Sorry, meant to post it. Work has been busy.

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Welp, things just got a little more personal. Brother-in-Law is in the hospital with a diagnosis of advanced multiple myeloma. We'll see how it goes.
    https://www.lls.org/disease-information/myeloma
    I'm glad Vox has been pulling us into this for all these years. Makes me feel involved in some way. Thanks again Vox.

7. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    If you need anything, let me know.

Sorry I haven't been on much. Been working. A lot. The yard sale this year is Sept 10. Do we want to do it? Does anyone have enough stuff to sell? We might, but not sure yet. The Walk is Oct 1. Slugger Field. I will be there. Not sure if I will be in costume yet. Most likely will be. Just be generic. I don't have the money right now to get new horns and makeup for Darth Maul. Talking with Dar about getting some Mando's that night.

8. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I'm back on working every third weekend and it falls that I'm working Sept 10 and Oct 1st. So I couldn't help with the yard sale so it would be up to you. I have some stuff for the sale to give ya but not as much as I've had in the past. But even a few bucks helps. Just let me know. For the walk I might be able to if I get a day shift assignment that day. Won't know my schedule until we're closer but I'd like to make the walk since I missed it the last couple of years.