main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Lounge

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Grab a cold one from the fridge and join in random conversation.

So, Jono... how's Alaska you luck son of a...?

What are people up to at the moment?

JP and I are going to a comedian tomorrow night who's doing a stand up of the entire SW:eek:T, dialogue, sound effects and funniness apparently. Should be interesting. :)

2. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    a cold one? as long as its a speights, Tui or Monteiths, sick of these awful aussie beers.
    we saw Charlie Ross a cuple of weeks ago here.

3. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    We only have FOSTERS for you 'MATE' ;)

:D

edit = actually, what's wrong with Crown Lager? I don't mind that at all.

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Coopers is decent.

5. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    How was the star wars comedian dude? any decent?

6. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Pretty decent.

Worth seeing. Made fun of things that required it. As JP pointed out after, he left out a few iconic lines, but he had 6+ hours of movies to get through in 1 hour.

7. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    Saw that guy on Campbell Live. Looked more than moderately decent. Big ups to him have his show licenced by Lucasfilm.

Way to earn some $$$$!!

Impressed with his Gollum impression. LOTR show could be mildly hilarious as well.

8. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Well, he get's authorised to use "Star Wars" and have the authentic music playing before his gig... but LA takes a cut... so he doesn't really make money in that sense, only that he *can* do the show without getting sued :p

He did a small TreeBeard impersonation at the end "going south - closer to evil, farther from harm" bit... wasn't too bad. Didn't see his Gollum/Smeagol, but JP said it was good.

9. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Just got back from Alaska this morning actually Mark.

Am pretty jaded and for some reason decided to head into work for Friday afternoon, yeah I don't know whay either, must be the lure of the mighty dollar.

Me and the missus did a 7 day return cruise up to Alaska from Vancouver. Basically up thropugh the inside passage and made stops in Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay and Ketcikan. It was the best holiday I have ever been on. Bar none. It is possibly the most beautiful place on earth (well that I've seen so far). Was my 1st cruise and it was grat, so lazy a great way to travel, no driving, no motel check ins, no meal planning. We are seriously thinking about getting jobs onboard and doing it for awhile.

Anyway will post some pics after I get some sleep.

10. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
  11. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Wasn't too much swell actually, the waters were rather calm :p

12. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Anyone here hate Air New Zealand?

These pricks are trying to screw me over royally. Had a great hour long 'conversation' with them yesterday, ver intersting stuff. Must be the most heated I have ever been on the phone. I batted away the layman call centre person withtn 20 minuites of her ramblings and got her supervisor. 40 minutes on the phone to her was fun. Somehow i restained myself from cursing but still tore her a new one. Arrogant bee-otch was trying to turn their own admitted mistakes into my fault. This got me wild. So told her where to stick it. Expecting a call from her manager within the hour...

13. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    what talking about? lol

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Bah, don't get me started on Air New Zealand. Singapore Airlines all the way, when I emigrated.

Anyway, I'm Sinre, and I emigrated to New Zealand for six months and came back to the UK due to family problems. Sadly, I didn't wander into these boards when I was around, but I'm belated posting, rather than lurking. Assuming you'll take me. :p

15. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Welcome.

Basically they made a mistake that was going to mean I was going to have to fork out for a NEW full price ticket to return to NZ even thoug I have a return ticket.
    Someone in their call centre stuffed up and no longer works there and for some reason I am to blame for this even though I did nothing wrong. Morons.

Anyway I said I wasn't taking no for an answer and went as high as I could and got it sorted. Hopefully got some people reprimanded in the process as I was treated very badly. But now it is all sorted so I have a ticket home for next January :D

After this flight back will never fly Air NZ again, they can kiss my 10 years of business goodbye

16. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    You got a little fire in you... sure you're not a ging-a? ;) LMAO.

17. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Only when I forget to shave :p

18. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    lol, na that pretty rat****.

Just did 3 days on an Export Gold Ad, you might see it when you're back in Jan bro. Pretty funny stuff. Some hotties too. They got flown in from Oz, kinda bollocks they didnt't use NZ chicks; but they're happy to waste money flying in 4 people and putting them up in hotels...

Anyway, I'm in a green shirt and brown shorts with a bit of a beard. Jumping fences into peoples back yards etc, helping move a wheelbarrow with ice and beer and things. We even had a midget, so it's gotta be a good ad :)

Plot: Dudes having beer on back porch, see hotties over fence, they go over and join. then go over and join a back yard cricket game, then everyone down street jumps fences and joins in, then end up back at original place with fridge full of beers and party. There's other stuff, but wont spoil it :p

speaking of which, there's some pretty cool ad's right now.

Pink Batts is funny, the main "pink" guy was one of the main guys on the export ad.
    And the new Moro nuts ad is CLASSIC with all the chipmunks running through the forest :)

19. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    So Mark, you're are becoming quite the closet celebrity now.

There were no green mankini's invloved?

20. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    oh ya know, pays the bills :p but no, no suspender thongs involved.

Just a bit of acting to get some moneys and good way to meet people :)

21. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Cool, will have to look out for it

22. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Off to a MAXIM party tonight. Another one ot the perks of living with a beer rep!

[face_dancing]

23. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Just a small selection of some of the photos from Sunday nights party...

[image=http://photo.ringo.com/264/264516394O599266517.jpg]

[image=http://photo.ringo.com/264/264516616O763100949.jpg]

[image=http://photo.ringo.com/264/264516665O627852538.jpg]

24. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    nice dude. smuggle some back in your hand luggage when you're back in Jan! :)

25. RogueJediNZ

RogueJediNZ Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2007
    I'm in the wrong job...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.