main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Love found-A/A Romance (TPM AU) upd 11/16 He loves me! he loves me not...)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by sabrelight, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    This was my first fic on this forum. It's been ongoing since dec 2000, long before Eps 1 was released. I decided to transfer it to this forum because I still have to finish it.

Anakin is assigned to protect the Queen of Naboo from plotters who mean to kill her and take over her throne. They end up fleeing through the Naboo swamp and dense jungles where little by little the two become aware of each other's feelings. The two are captured by a jungle tribe with unusually strange customs, and before they know it the two are pulled into local politics and have no choice but to go along. The situation is just as our young Jedi would have it but things may not be so smooth for the Queen.

2. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Yes! It's back!

JS

3. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Welcome Jazz. Your the first reader on this thread (always special) I was supposed to post right after the intro but something pressing came up and so I'm posting it now.

Since this is a repost I will be posting regularly, at least till I come to the uncompleted part.

LOVE FOUND

POST 1

Anakin raced madly through the catacomb of corridors within Theed palace, adroitly guiding the speeder bike through the crisscross of droid fire which seemed to be coming from every corner of the palace.

Moving at an incredible speed through the narrow corridors, he needed every ounce of his Jedi instincts and reflexes to avoid crashing to the walls.

Even then, they would have been sitting ducks if the Queen, seated behind him, was not as skillfully picking up targets with her blaster making the enemy run for cover-and giving them enough room to maneuver. The years of training on the firing range had made her a deadly shot.

Nearly ten years after that fateful invasion by the trade federation, in which hundreds of peaceful Naboo had lost their lives, the planet, enjoyed relative peace and stability. Their Sovereign Queen Amidala had ruled with wisdom, the war and its destructive reminders were gone.

Naboo had prospered much and the queen was very popular with her people, except a handful of bureaucrats, who had once enjoyed unbridled power but their authority had been curbed much in Amidala's reign.

They were growing impatient; it seemed there was no way to remove her the democratic way. Repeatedly she had been re-elected to lead the people, frustrating her political rivals, who came out with new election strategies each election year, only to be completely routed by her again and again.

This very popularity was now threatening her life. Just days before the queen had been attacked, by a palace servant with chi dagger -a small and compact weapon with a poisoned blade tip. Had Obi-wan Kanobi not been around to cut him down with his lightsaber, she would not have survived, for, even a small scratch from a chi could be fatal. It seemed her enemies were getting desperate; they were now ready to try anything to get their hold on the Naboo seat of power.

Agent Braak, a trusted servant of the queen arrived one day, asking to see her immediately saying that he had very important news for the Queen and that he had to meet her personally. When the queen met him in her private office, she was very alarmed by the news he had to give. The queen called an emergency meeting of her council to discuss this new development.

Braak gave details of a rebel army that had been training for sometime now in the Western Mountains. He said that he had come across details of an attack on the queen. According to the plan group of rebels would attack the palace, after assassinating the queen and securing the palace, the very people who were behind the plot would come forward and squash the rebellion.

Exemplary punishment would be met out to the leaders of the rebellion (at least overtly) thus avenging the queen and saving the planet from chaos and anarchy. By avenging the queen they would earn the approval of the populace and their votes too.

The queen suspected palace insiders to be involved in this plot. She could name a few who would love to be in her place, but there was no solid evidence to incriminate any one.

They were very clever hiding behind their pawns and manipulating them from afar making sure their dirty fingers didn't leave any imprints anywhere.

Braak reported that a man called Captain Halle was leading the rebellion. Not much was known about him, except that he was an ex-mercenary. The report said that the size of this army was quite large.

This surprised her because Naboo people including the Gungans and the indigenous tribes were not good candidates as rebel recruits. Either this was a misinformation, which she doubted because the agent was a reliable one, or the rebel army was

4. qtrhrs78

qtrhrs78 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2003
    I'm glad to see this one is back too. I can't wait until we get to the new parts, but the reposts will hold me over. :)

5. meaganandsasha

meaganandsasha Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2004
    We haven't read this story before, but are definetly going to read as you repost it. Can't wait to find out what happens next. Good work.

6. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Thanks for your patience qtrhrs78.

Welcome and thanks Meganandsasha.

7. qtrhrs78

Sep 1, 2003
    I have an infinite amount of patience. It's better for a story to be finished slowly than not at all. :D

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Woohoo! It's back! This was the story that actually got me to like A/A.

9. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    I never read this the first time, so this will be a great new adventure for me!

10. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    qhthrs78:I salute you.

Darth Isthar: Really! I'm honored, such a great writer being inspired by my humble fic. I'd really like to check out your latest blood and gore but I won't unless I have enough time to read it all.

Anakinsheir: Welcome and hang around, I could do with some new readers.

11. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    POST # 2
    After considerable debate, it was agreed that the queen's life was in great danger; she had to be protected at any cost to foil the rebel plans. Because she was an obstacle to the power plans of these people they would not spare her life at any cost. It was decided that the queen should go to a safe place till this was all sorted out.

Captain Panaka was advised to call up for his recruits and mobilizes the army. Braak 's men were to stay low and try to find out the identities of the main players of this plot.

As no place on the planet was quite safe, the council decided that the queen should seek asylum on another world friendly to their government.

According to plan the Queen decided to make an unofficial visit-surreptitiously-to the planet of Handara, Which was a reliable ally of Naboo. The Naboo had helped them in their time of adversity. The Queen had good personal relations with the leader of that planet-the old Saji-who had been chief tribal leader for over five decades. The queen was sure she could rally his support and help her save her people against yet another attack on their peace and independence. Handarians were, the queen assured the council "not ones to forget when it came to repaying gratitude"

After the trade federation war, Naboo had made several changes to their constitutional laws. One of them being the formation of a regular army along with making one-year service in the army made compulsory for all adult Naboo citizens. But even with these new measures the security requirements of the planet could not be met adequately

Small Naboo depended mostly on the assurances of the republic, which made new laws to insure the independence of smaller planets; the laws even promised military intervention to preserve the sovereignty of all the member planets from outside threats. But all the laws of the republic could not help Naboo this time

She was under a new threat this time; a threat from within.

Queen Amidala had called in her head of security captain Panaka along with her Jedi protector Master Obi-wan Kanobi, and a couple of Panaka's men to discuss the details of the escape. The meeting was held in strict confidence, as the rebel spies had infiltrated all strata of the palace staff.

It was decided that captain Panaka would arrange an outing for the Queen, her handmaidens and some selected confidants on Lake Zamron on the out skirts of Theed City.

The Queen would go by speeder through the city, joined by two handmaidens and the royal guards and several ministers, but instead of the real Queen it would be her decoy Sabé, who would be traveling in the royal entourage. While public attention was focused on Sabé, Amidala disguised as a handmaiden would slip out of Theed city on Anakin's ship, which he lovingly called "the Sith', the one that they had captured after the fall of the trade federation.

The Sith infiltrator was Darth Maul's personal transport but after the Federation's defeat in the trade war and Maul?s death it came into Naboo hands. Anakin had fallen in love with it the moment he had seen it.

Manufactured by Sienar Designs Systems. Originally it was an armed star courier but was customized secretly by Darth Sidious to serve as a Sith Infiltrator. It Featured laser cannons, advanced sensor systems and an experimental ion engine system requiring large radiator panels which folded inward during landing. Its most dangerous aspect though was its cloaking ability; able to appear and disappear like a flickering ghost.

In acknowledgement of Anakin?s roll in the destruction of the federation mother ship and the subsequent victory over the enemy, the Queen thought it fit to reward Anakin with this ship for his bravery that day. Obi-Wan and the Queen both decided he would not get actual possession till he was eighteen years old though. Till then it would sit here in Naboo.

?The Sith? craft's excellent cloaking capabilities and maneuverability made it the transport of choice for such an escape. With Anakin at the con

12. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
  13. qtrhrs78

Sep 1, 2003
  14. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Thanks for the up, qtrhrs. Here is the next part.

POST NO#

The Queen's party would leave by boat to the island retreat on the other side of the lake. Queen Amidala often went on picnics there usually with her family or friends, so nothing would really seem out of place.

It would be most likely that the enemy would have covered all the possible landing spots along the lakes perimeter, the air routes would be covered too but no one would think about the Queen leaving on another route; the under water route.

Panaka had arranged for a Gungan bongo to wait by the retreat and spirit them away through an underwater cave that joins the main underwater route deep inside the planet. Once in the underwater labyrinths, there would be in no danger of being discovered.

Naboo was practically made up of a maze of intervening bodies of water and rock. The surface of the planet was covered mostly in swamp, except for islands of solid rock out cropping up here and there. Low hills and flat rolling plains mostly stretched to the east and southeast of the planet.

The only mountains of significant height were situated to the west. Besides Lake Zamora many huge lakes dotted the solid surface of the planet. Caves and underwater tunnels interconnected the majority of water bodies. One could travel to any part of the planet within these tunnels.

But traveling in these tunnels was extremely dangerous, a huge variety of animals, some still to be discovered, lurked in these dark waters. These route though dangerous were not impossible to cross, with a good guide-a Gungan guide-one had a much better chance of making it to ones destination in the quickest time.

Once on its way the bongo would head for Thal Weil a dense swamp to the northwest. There, Sabé's party would meet up with the queen's party and after a short inspection of the facility by the Queen they would take off for their off-world destination.

That cleared, Queen Amidala brought up the question of the droid army; which made up a considerable part of their regular army. The leftover of the federation forces; these had been refurbished and reprogrammed to follow Nubian orders.

But Queen Amidala never did trust them. She preferred her human guards to the droids, especially to guard the palace. The droids though were invaluable for patrolling and monitoring the swamps and other outlying areas of the planet.

The droid control center was located several hundred miles to the west on mount Nagob, amongst the highest peaks in Naboo. Panaka had assured the Queen that the center had been well fortified with heavy guns and more than a hundred soldiers to keep constant guard. The Captain was certain the high peaks and the shear slopes around the facility made it impossible to breach it from outside.

Amidala had not been convinced; she had secretly constructed another control center in the swamps of Thal Weil, for emergency backup purposes. This one practically under the swamps and it had cost a good chunk of the budget, which, to Panaka had seemed a superfluous expense, considering the fact that they would need all their resources for the Freepios project.

All had gone as planned. The queens' luggage had been smuggled aboard the boat the night before. Sabé and her party left for the picnic. As it was a holiday and nice sunny weather to go with it, a large percentage of the populace lined both side of the street to see their queen go by. The trip was made without a hitch.

15. qtrhrs78

Sep 1, 2003
    I re-read the posts from the Classic Forum over the weekend. We've got a long way to go until we get to the new stuff, but it will be well worth the wait. This is a great story.

16. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    You read it all!

Actually I need(badly) to reread not only this fic but all the others. I've started them so long ago I hardly remember most details.

Nevertheless I'm hoping to catch up soon because most of the posts need little or no work.

17. qtrhrs78

Sep 1, 2003
    You read it all!

I actually did. We were having winter weather warnings (a.k.a. a lot of snow), so I stayed in for a change and pretended I was a teenager again. I played X-Box, watched movies, and hung out online for two days straight without doing anything productive besides working out. Take that DRL!

(UP, by the way!)

:D

18. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    So you turned a bad situation to beat DRL, atta girl!

Where I am now we have bad weather, no phones and lotsa lotsa people. No beating this DRL

19. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    I like the way you've set this up. My only criticism (and it's not really criticism) is that at the moment, you just seem to be telling us, when you should be showing us. The few chapters that you've posted are nice- but I'd prefer a little less narration and maybe a bit of dialogue or something. They're fine as they are, but when you have three? stright chapters of narration, it begins to get tedious.

Otherwise, I'm intrigued and I want to read more, whenever you have the time.

20. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Thanks Alethia (Hope I have the spelling right) for the critism, as it is I never noticed, no one pointed that out to me. I'd be happy if you stayed around and helped me make this fic better.

The action though,is just beginning, several posts of none stop action coming your way. Soon.

21. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    POST # 4

Meanwhile Padmè dressed in a loose, a maroon colored robe-her face well covered under the hood- was giving last minute instructions to Governor Sio Bibble, who would take over the administrative duties in her absence.

Just then a sharp siren sounded throughout the palace, the Queen knew what it was-an attack on the palace. Somehow the enemy had found out about their plan and now her escape was being blocked. The guards rushed to cover the palace doors.

"Let's go," Anakin shouted urgently. He realized their cover had been blown. Who ever the enemy was knew that the real Queen was in the palace and probably knew of their plan of escape.

They all ran towards the hanger-sure that the guards could hold the attackers long enough for the Queen and her group to get to the hanger. Unfortunately though the guards were competent and they fought bravely they were outnumbered with what seems like hundreds of droids that were streaming from all parts of the city, all heading for the palace.

Already a squadron of droids was crashing through the door, getting past the handful of palace guards easily.

"My worst fears have been realized,? Amidala muttered, as she looked at the wave after wave of droid soldiers pouring into the palace grounds.

She flung her cumbersome robe aside and so did the other handmaidens. They wore their combat brown suits under their robes.

"To the White section!? she beckoned her party, too late! The droids were already inside the palace and spreading out-shooting indiscriminately any sentient in their sight.

The group raced up the stairs to the second floor, Anakin leading the way, followed by the queen and the others

"We have to split up!" He shouted above the din. The party broke into two teams, each team running in a different direction in search of the numerous secret escape routes that had been among the options discussed earlier.

Amidala wished luck to her friends and disappeared up the stairs to the next floor, just as droid soldiers came into the big hall. Some of the droid turned to chase after the guards and handmaidens, retreating on either side of the great hallway, the main body of the soldiers, though, ran after the Queen. They seemed to know exactly who they were after.

Anakin, his lightsaber at the ready ran on, the queen in tow. He surprised some droids while rounding a corner; he had them in pieces even before they were aware of it. Droids being at a disadvantage in close combat, because they have to process their decisions, which make them, slow to act-certainly no match for the swift thinking Jedi.

More droids were coming as the pair fled. They ran up another two floors, until they were cornered besides a thick pillar with nowhere else to go.

Amidala took position behind the pillar and kept firing. Anakin's sword was a blur as he deflected the blaster shots back into the enemy. Soon they had a pile of mangled metal before them. Anakin was heading for the stairs again, when the queen stopped him.

"We can't go that way," "All the secret passages are mostly on the lower floors."

"Well I'm heading for my room where I have a means of escape."

?What do you mean?" The queen asked.

"Your highness there is no time to argue." Anakin said, grabbing her arm and ready to move.
    Just then, his comlink buzzed.

"Skywalker here," he said switching it on, as they trotted away in the direction of the guest rooms "Calken here Sir! We have the Sith."

?You do! Good!" Anakin said, his face lighting up.

"It seems those droids were mostly interested in the queen, we found a side route to hanger 3, only a handful of droids were guarding it. We had no problem taking them." The sergeant said.

"Sir, head for the roof we'll pick you from there." Calken finished.
    "The handmaidens, are they alright?" Anakin asked still running only this time they were heading for the roof

"They are safe here with me. All of us made it safely to the ship." Calken informed them. The Queen was relieved to hear that.

"Okay Calken we're heading for the roo

22. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    I happened to see this right before I was about to log-off, so I don't have time to reply (or even read thoroughly). But it's no problem- I'd be glad to help. And yes, you spelled alethia right, but if you want to, just call me 'Jennie or Jennifer. *shrugs* That's my real name- 'Alethia just happens to be one of the many user names I use on the web...

And I'll write more (and actually really read the chapter) tomorrow, when I have the time. But it looked good, from what I got to read (which was about a paragraph...).

23. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    That's OK Alethia..er jenny, time seems to be so elusive in RL.

I have another post though. I checked it for errors. (It was riddled with errors and no one had pointed them out before even though this is my third posting of this fic) I may still have missed a few. Be kind enough to point them out to me.

POST # 5
    By the time they reached the roof Amidala was quite out of breath. The pair hurried towards an open part of the roof and saw Anakin?s beloved "Sith" hovering just above the far wall. The pilot spotted them and banking low swooped down towards them, its ramp already descending from the aft.

As they ran towards the ship, the place suddenly came alive with blaster shots ringing out from all directions, preventing the ship from landing or even coming low enough for them to board it.

The enemy was hiding behind the numerous communication structures that cluttered the roof. It seemed the enemy had been expecting them-The comm chat between him and Calken had certainly been intercepted.

Since they were surrounded, The Jedi Padawan had no other option than to surrender. Human soldiers in palace guard uniforms, advanced cautiously from their hiding holes, pointing their blasters menacingly at them. Anakin saw death and murder in their eyes.

Suddenly Anakin grabbed the Queen by the waist as he made a leap for the ?Sith? which the pilot had brought round for another pass by the wall just behind them. Amidala held tight as they flew at least twenty feet into the air. Anakin made a neat landing on the, now, extended ramp but before he could get a firm hold, the ?Sith? banked steeply as it took a direct hit on one of the vertical stabilizers.

Amidala screamed, Anakin seemed to tether on the ramp for a split second waving his free hand wildly trying to get his balance, and then they were over the side and falling into empty space.

The Ship rolled and banked wildly as it rose into the sky. Plumes of smoke emitting from, then it disappeared into the thick mist above the swamps.

They seemed to be falling into an endless void. Amidala clutched at her protector, she was sure she would not survive this one. They landed on one of the huge terraces that opened out to the waterfalls. Not with a jarring thud as she had expected but, with a soft thump from Anakin's boots.

Putting her down, he grabbed her hand and was running again, right for the railing. Once again, she was hoisted up by the waist and pulled up onto the wide balcony railing. Anakin looked around, hesitating for just a split second, taking a quick measure of the location down below and then his mind was made up.

Amidala's stomach lurched as she looked down at the wild churning broth at the foot of the Great Falls hundreds of feet below. She couldn't believe it when she realized what his intentions were.

'Anakin you are NOT?!"
    ?Yes I am!? he interjected before she could finish her command then plunged them into the void. Soaring over the yawning gap to the guest balconies. The Queen shut her eyes, clinging to him ever so tightly. Feeling her-self falling for what seemed like eternity, when suddenly her breath was knocked out of her as Anakin grabbed for the balcony railing on one of the lower floors.

The jar yanking her out of Anakin's hold; He grabbed out and just managed to get her arm before the void swallowed her. There was Anakin, one arm and foot over the railing and rest of him hanging out and Amidala dangling like a rag doll from his arm. The weight of the struggling Queen held him there as she flayed about helplessly in midair, she could see the roaring falls deep below her feet. Anakin's hold was slipping; he reached out with his free leg.

She grabbed his leg, clutching to it with all her might. With his hands free he hauled himself over the railing. The sudden jerk again had the queen slipping. She screamed but no one heard her over the roar of the falls. She grasped onto his foot her knuckle white as she strained to keep her precarious hold, praying h

24. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
  25. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    Just found this story.

A very nice, quick-paced tale that now has me hooked. Can't wait for the next update!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.