main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Love is... [Tahiri/Anakin vignette; post NJO (English/German)]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Maggy, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Title: Love is...
    Author: Maggy
    Timeframe: post NJO
    Characters: Tahiri
    Genre: song vignette
    Keywords: Tahiri, Anakin
    Summary: Tahiri is thinking about her life
    Notes: song belongs to Nena

[The song Liebe ist... belongs to Nena. I took the liberty to translate it into English.

English is my second language so please be nice. :)
    I own nothing; I'm only playing with the characters. SW belongs to George Lucas.

Thanks to my beta RedGold.

While lurking on the Resource board I stumbled over
    The Multilingual Writers Club. For all who are interested I added the German version of this vignette. :) ]

Love is...
    Liebe ist...

I am sitting on this cold, hard stone and staring into the orange-blue sky above me. The meadows are whistling in the wind and leaves are dancing in it. Some red clouds hang in the sky, forming strange ornaments. You know, you would love that. The planet feels so alive. So many life forms are surrounding me. I feel old compare to them. Restless nonetheless. Useless on the other hand.

The war is over. For me. It had been over for a long time. What use to it would I be anyway? I am old and practically have my whole life behind me. What is a long time in the retrospect of the galaxy anyway? For me it lays back a life time ago. And still it is haunting me. It haunts me in the form of my love. You, my beloved Anakin. It has been a lifetime since you have left me. Death, or the Force, only offered you a short life, didn?t it? But it was very intense and ruled from destruction. With your sixteen years you had already seen more death and horror then others in a lifetime. Even with your few years you were a leader, a hero for young and old. For me you were the best friend you could imagine. And you were my one real love. Did I ever tell you how proud I am to call you my friend?

You look at me, and I go with it
    Du guckst mich an, und ich geh mit,
    And it?s eternal, this short touch
    Und der ist ewig, dieser Augenblick.

Your eyes were as blue as the deepest mountain lake, they had always fascinated me. They sparked with mischief when you were about to play a prank on someone. They betrayed you, did you know that, whenever you didn?t tell the truth or when you were afraid of something. But in those eyes, those kind eyes, could always be found love when you looked at me. You thought I didn?t know but I did, love. I always had to fight against my knees growing weak. Those eyes would cause butterflies in my stomach and those butterflies always celebrated a party down there.

There shines the sun , there laughs the life
    Da scheint die Sonne, da lacht das Leben,
    There my heart opens, I offer it to you
    Da geht mein Herz auf, ich will's dir geben.

It was on Yavin, a planet that doesn?t exist anymore like I had known it in my youth. Yavin IV was the home world of the Jedi Academy back then, headed by Master Luke Skywalker, defeater of the Emperor. I attended this Academy as did you, my love. But you weren?t my love at that time. You were my best friend who always got us in trouble only to save us again. We had so much fun. Every day was an adventure, every day something unexpected happened. And I think we gave our teachers some grey hairs. I treasure those memories. On Yavin it had all begun and nearly ended. You remember? Sure you remember. You were always with me.

I want to carry you, I want to love you
    Ich will dich tragen, ich will dich lieben,
    Because the love, had last
    Denn die Liebe, ist geblieben.

And then I had to go on this fateful mission with you. I had to watch with horror and helplessness at how you grew weaker and weaker because of your injuries. At that time I didn?t want any

2. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Liebe ist...

Ich sitze auf diesem kalten, harten Stein und starre in den orange-blauen Himmel über mir. Die Wiese raschelt sanft im Wind und die Blätter tanzen in diesem. Einige rote Wolken hängen am Himmel, formen seltsame Muster. Weißt du, du hättest das gemocht. Der Planet fühlt sich so lebendig an. So viele Lebensformen umgeben mich. Ich fühle mich so alt im Gegensatz zu ihnen. Aber trotzdem rastlos. Nutzlos auf der anderen Seite.

Der Krieg ist vorüber. Für mich auf jeden Fall. Er ist schon eine lange Zeit vorüber. Welchen nutzen hätte ich überhaupt? Ich bin alt und habe mein Leben praktisch schon hinter mir. Aber was bedeutet eine lange Zeit im angesichts der Ewigkeit? Für mich liegt er schon ein leben lang zurück. Und trotzdem werde ich immer noch davon verfolgt. Er verfolgt mich in der Form meiner Liebe. Du, mein geliebter Anakin. Es ist eine Lebensspanne her seit du mich verlassen hast. Der Tod oder die Macht, wie man will, hat dir nur ein kurzes Leben gestattet. Aber ein sehr intensives, beherrscht von Zerstörung. Mit deinen erst sechzehn Jahren hast du schon mehr Tod und Zerstörung gesehen als andere in einem ganzen Leben. Trotz deiner jungen Jahre warst du ein Anführer, ein Held für jüngere und auch für ältere. Für mich warst du der beste Freund den man sich vorstellen kann. Und du warst meine eine große Liebe. Hab ich dir jemals erzählt wie stolz ich bin, dich meinen Freund nennen zu dürfen?

Du guckst mich an, und ich geh mit,
    Und der ist ewig, dieser Augenblick.

Deine Augen, so blau wie der tiefste Bergsee, haben mich immer schon fasziniert. Die haben spitzbübisch gefunkelt, wenn du jemanden einen Trick gespielt hast. Sie haben dich aber auch verraten, hast du das gewusst, wann immer du nicht die Wahrheit erzählt hast oder du vor etwas Angst hattest. Aber in diesen Augen, in diesen gütigen Augen, war immer Liebe zu finden, wann immer du mich ansahst. Du dachtest immer, ich wüsste das nicht, aber ich tat es, mein Liebster. Ich hatte immer dagegen anzukämpfen, dass meine Knie nicht weich wurden. Diese Augen verursachten Schmetterlinge in meinem Bauch und diese Schmetterlinge schienen dort immer eine Party zu feien.

Da scheint die Sonne, da lacht das Leben,
    Da geht mein Herz auf, ich will's dir geben.

Es war auf Yavin, es existiert heute nicht mehr so wie wir es in der Jugend kannten. Yavin IV die Heimatwelt der Jedi Akademie während Luke Skywalker sie noch führte. Während unserer Zeit dort waren wir noch nicht verliebt. Du warst mein bester Freund, welcher uns immer in Schwierigkeiten brachte, nur um uns nachher wieder zu retten. Wir hatten so viel Spaß. Jeder Tag war ein Abenteuer, jeden Tag passierte etwas Unerwartetes. Ich bewahre diese Erinnerungen wie einen Schatz. Und ich denke wir gaben unseren Lehrern einige graue Haare. Auf Yavin hat alles begonnen und auch fast geendet. Du erinnerst dich? Natürlich erinnerst du dich. Du warst immer mit mir.

Ich will dich tragen, ich will dich lieben,
    Denn die Liebe, ist geblieben.

Und dann hatte ich auf diese verheißungsvolle Mission gehen müssen. Ich hatte mich Furcht und Hilflosigkeit zusehen müssen, wie du schwächer und schwächer wurdest, wegen deiner Verletzungen. Zu diesem Zeitpunkt hätte ich nichts lieber getan als dich zu halten, dir zu helfen zu heilen, dich zu lieben. Aber wir hatten die Mission vorzusetzen, mussten diese Voxyn Königin töten. Du kehrtest niemals zurück zu mir.

Hat nicht gefragt, ist einfach da,
    Weglaufen geht nicht, das ist mir klar.

Die Reise zurück an Bord der Trickster erinnere ich nicht mehr wirklich. Es war alles irgendwie verschwommen. Die Leute um mich bewegten sich alle viel zu langsam. Ich habe mich nie richtig von dieser Mission erholt. Ich habe dich so sehr vermisst, dass sogar das Atmen schmerzte, jeder Herzschlag schien meine Brust zu zerschmettern. Noch immer vermisse ich, dass du nicht um mich bist aber d

3. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Your eyes were as blue as the deepest mountain lake, they had always fascinated me. They sparked with mischief when you were about to play a prank on someone. They betrayed you, did you know that, whenever you didn?t tell the truth or when you were afraid of something. But in those eyes, those kind eyes, could always be found love when you looked at me. You thought I didn?t know but I did, love. I always had to fight against my knees growing weak. Those eyes would cause butterflies in my stomach and those butterflies always celebrated a party down there.

I really liked that part. There are a lot of descriptions of Anakin's eyes in the canon books so one would assume it's a physical trait that stands out, and I think one Tahiri would fixate on. I especially thought the idea that he couldn't hide things from her because his eyes gave everything away to be fitting.

What I regret is that I didn?t give you that kiss. I was so stupid, so naive. I thought that we would share many other kisses in the future. Reality taught me a lesson. What would I give to kiss you again, love...?

:_| :_| :_|

Soon we will be together, my love, soon. I am old now... and I only regret that you weren?t here with me... and now it is again unfair because you can?t change that...
    Soon I will see you, my love...

A good ending. Melancholy, but appropriate. Death giving Tahiri hope because she'll get to see Anakin :)

Wonderful job, Maggy :D A nice indepth view of Tahiri's thoughts on Anakin and the effects of his death. Very well written, and the song lyrics worked well into the theme. I've never heard of the song or artist though :p I also couldn't tell from reading it that English was your second language so I don't think you need to preface it with that ;)

Anyway, a joy to read. I'll have to add this to the A/T index when we get it up and running again :)

4. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    YodaKenobi:

A review [face_love]

You are making my day :)

I really liked that part. There are a lot of descriptions of Anakin's eyes in the canon books so one would assume it's a physical trait that stands out, and I think one Tahiri would fixate on.

[face_blush] There are many discriptions? Um ... I must have over read them then [face_whistling]
    You have a good point though, one I didn?t consider when writing.
    Now when you say that ... [face_thinking] ... Anakin really seams to have eyes that are calling for attention. Or is it only me to lurk [face_blush] on random threads and there are his eyes mentioned?

I especially thought the idea that he couldn't hide things from her because his eyes gave everything away to be fitting.

:) Thanks

`:_|:_|:_|´

*offers tissues*

A good ending. Melancholy, but appropriate. Death giving Tahiri hope because she'll get to see Anakin :)

:) I was long thinking about the end but decided to let it that way. How else should end a heart wrenching cry for a beloved one when not looking forward to be together again?

Wonderful job, Maggy :D

[face_blush] :) :D :cool: Thanks!

A nice indepth view of Tahiri's thoughts on Anakin and the effects of his death. Very well written, and the song lyrics worked well into the theme.

Thanks again. :D

I've never heard of the song or artist though :p

That you didn?t heard of the song may be that it is a German singer and I don?t know if her songs have reached the USA. [face_whistling]
    In Germany and Austria she is well known and had some no. 1 hits in the last 20 years or so.

I also couldn't tell from reading it that English was your second language so I don't think you need to preface it with that ;)

Um... ask Red what she had to change [face_whistling] ;)
    Thanks though. Nonetheless my grammar sucks as hell and I am switching words and letters so a warning in the disclaimer to avoid ...um ... awkward moments afterwards like you get told that should be written or spelled that way (already happened :( ). When you know the person it is okay but when someone you didn?t met already tells you that it is ... um ... awkward. And telling at the start that I am not a nativ English speaker smooths my nerves a bit when posting.

Anyway, a joy to read. I'll have to add this to the A/T index when we get it up and running again :)

[face_blush]High prices for someone who had the opinion weeks back that she would never write an A/T ?fic. And here you go ...

Thank you for the long review :) :D

~Mags

5. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Yay! You posted! Sorry I missed it.

Anyway, you know I'm not an A/T fan, but this was cool. You really drag poor Tahiri's heart across the hot coals in this one.

I hope she does find her love again!

6. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Wow, great viggie...I've always been rather fond of A/T...I love the best-friends-into-lovers thing and you've handled it really well!
    Tahiri's emtion in this was also very plainly felt, nice job!

7. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Wonderful job, Maggy. You write beautifully -- I can't believe English is your second language! I really enjoyed the gentle style of the fic. This is lovely work -- sad, but sweet at the same time. :)

8. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Awwww, Maggy. This is beautiful. Kapai. :)
    The tone was so wistful and fond, and I could feel Tahiri's longing to see him again clearly.

I liked the way you went back into their childhood memories - and I laughed at the reference to them giving their teachers grey hair. LOL Very true, especially Corran I think. ;)

Can we prod you into writing more A/T?

Really enjoyed this. :)

9. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004

I am so happy that you all klicked to the viggy and took the time to leave a review :)

Red:

Yay! You posted! Sorry I missed it.

[:D] no worries :D I got a review though ;) :D

Anyway, you know I'm not an A/T fan, but this was cool.

Yeah, you told me ... Am I allowed to say I am either? [face_whistling] ;) :D
    Still I had to write this and another one. It?s back in progress because I don?t like it anymore :)

You really drag poor Tahiri's heart across the hot coals in this one.

:( yeah I do *sniffs*

I hope she does find her love again!

*hopes* yeah would be good when she does :)
    she would be happy then :D

Thanks for beta reading and for the review :D [:D]

ZekksGoddess:

Wow, great viggie...

[face_blush] Thanks :)

I've always been rather fond of A/T...I love the best-friends-into-lovers thing and you've handled it really well!

I never really was very fond of A/T. I only know this relationship from the NJOs. When I have read Conquest the first time, I was disappointed that it was only Anakin and Tahiri. [face_whistling] So I had skipped the pages. As I have read it the second time I liked the book more.
    Now, thanks to a fanfic, I am writting them ;) :D

Tahiri's emtion in this was also very plainly felt, nice job!

Knight_Aragorn:

Wonderful job, Maggy.

Thank you! :)

You write beautifully ?

[face_blush] Thanks :)

- I can't believe English is your second language!

Yub it is :D

I really enjoyed the gentle style of the fic. This is lovely work -- sad, but sweet at the same time. :)

[face_blush] :) :D :cool: I am glad that you enjoyed it and that it works for you how I wrote it.

Tahi:

Awwww, Maggy. This is beautiful. Kapai. :)

Tahi!! [face_blush] Thanks :D Danke Schön :) Thank you

The tone was so wistful and fond, and I could feel Tahiri's longing to see him again clearly.

I?m glad that it works for you :)

I liked the way you went back into their childhood memories - and I laughed at the reference to them giving their teachers grey hair. LOL Very true, especially Corran I think. ;)

:D yeah poor Corran :p ;)

Can we prod you into writing more A/T?

you don?t even need to prod, a second one is in work :D ;)
    Such a well known furball is quite good in causing plot bunnies :p

Really enjoyed this.

I?m glad that you did :cool: :D

~Mags~

10. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    That is so beautiful. Mind strolling over to the MLWC and posting a link so that everyone will know it's here?

11. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Sil:

Hi :)

That is so beautiful.

Mind strolling over to the MLWC and posting a link so that everyone will know it's here?

[face_blush]*hitshead* know I know what I have forgotten ... will do
    Thanks again

~Mags~

12. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    a slightly up
    perhaps someone eles wants to read this :)

~Mags~

13. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Those who arrived here before me have already said everything I was going to, but this deserves more reviews. Anyway, this was truly beautiful, and oh so sad. Tahiri's longing for Anakin comes across very well, as does her general fondness for all that he was to her. Like Tahi, I enjoyed Tahiri's thoughts on their past adventures. And, as others have said, there's a sense of hope as she contemplates being reunited with her lost love. Just a brilliant piece, and thanks for sharing it with us. :D

Superb job, Maggy. :)

JD.

14. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    JD

Those who arrived here before me have already said everything I was going to, but this deserves more reviews.

Thanks for taking the time to type one :)

Anyway, this was truly beautiful, ...

[face_blush] thanks :)

and oh so sad.

I know *sniffs*

Tahiri's longing for Anakin comes across very well, as does her general fondness for all that he was to her. Like Tahi, I enjoyed Tahiri's thoughts on their past adventures. And, as others have said, there's a sense of hope as she contemplates being reunited with her lost love.

I am happy that it works for you :)

Just a brilliant piece, and thanks for sharing it with us. :D

Superb job, :)

[face_blush] :) :D Thank you :D

~Mags~

15. Nomad-2

Nomad-2 Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2004
    This is great Mags, I was thinking of taking German for GCSE.....

A quick BOOM!!!! for this thread!

16. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww!!! That was very sweet, and very sad. Good job!!

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Leaves my chest aching for many reasons. Truly lovely Maggy.

18. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    [face_dancing] More readers [face_dancing]

:D

Rob:

This is great Mags,

Thank you :)

I was thinking of taking German for GCSE...

thats a good thing, soon I am able to talk with you in German :p

A quick BOOM!!!! for this thread!

what else from you? :D ;)

Nat:

Aww!!! That was very sweet, and very sad. Good job!!

Thanks! :D

Leona:

Leaves my chest aching for many reasons.

awww ... understand what you mean :)

Truly lovely

Thank you :D

Thanks for reading

~Mags~

19. argentlife

argentlife Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2005
    Soon we will be together, my love, soon. I am old now... and I only regret that you weren?t here with me... and now it is again unfair because you can?t change that...

Soon I will see you, my love...

Oh that was so beautiful, in so many ways. The words were very describing and you could really feel her pain/grief/confusion/hope.

Excellent job.

*breaks out the tissue box*

Lisa

20. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Lisa:

Oh that was so beautiful, in so many ways.

:) [face_blush] Thank you :D

The words were very describing and you could really feel her pain/grief/confusion/hope.

yes they are, and I was so unhappy with them in the beginning, I thought of rewriting some parts but then I didn?t

Excellent job.

Thanks again :)

*breaks out the tissue box*

*offers `Glückshormone´ ... um ... choclate*

~Mags~

21. Anastasia_Fel

Anastasia_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    This was a great viggie, very moving and touching.

I love A/T, so this was a wonderful treat!!!

Sam

22. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004

Sam:

hi hon [:D]

This was a great viggie, very moving and touching.

I love A/T, so this was a wonderful treat!!!

I know that you love them, thats the reason why I have told you of this ;) :D
    Thanks for reading :)

~Mags~

23. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    I will give this a chance again

:)

24. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    :_|

That was beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! You're making me miss Anakin more and more. :_|

And I love the way it sounds in German, too.

Great work!

[:D]

25. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Mags: what can I say - you capture Tahiri, and Anakin, perfectly in that!!

I like the sense of time passing, and the sense of movement, and memory... I find it moving - sad, poignant, because it's a very well-drawn portrait of two characters, and love, and the distance imposed by death and time... :(

What makes it really work, emotionally, for me the sense that Anakin is always in that past, the time before his death, while Tahiri carries on. Elegantly, eloquently expressed...

But it is beautiful. :)

- The Imperial Ewok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.