main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Love Letter 12/24 from Darth Vader to Padme

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arriss, Dec 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Love letter
    By PJ
    Rating ? PG
    Disclaimer ? I bow to the flannel one. All hail the KING. (OK, maybe that?s a bit much?. 8-} )

ROTJ timeframe. DV writes to his deceased wife about Luke (before he knows of Leia).

Padmé, my loving wife, [face_love]

Several years have gone by since the tragedy of your untimely death. How I have missed my loving angel! Your embrace?your loving and tolerant nature?and your unwavering ability to brighten my world with a thought or touch. I miss gazing into your beautiful eyes and wish fervently that I could reverse time? I would not hesitate to bring you back to me. Your death shook me to the core of my soul for which I have never recovered and admittedly, without you, I didn?t want to. I ceased to care for those around me for without you, I was empty. I no longer wished to exist and became nothing more than a living shell that was fueled by anger?among other dark emotions.

Beloved ? I became that which everyone feared upon your death. A monster. The power of the dark side took hold of my ravaged soul, twisting and corrupting it to suit its own purpose and?I allowed it. It swallowed my grief and pain and made me forget about love and think only of power and anger. First I failed my mother, and then I failed you. If you only knew how truly sorry I am?

For years I carefully placed you in the back of my mind. Buried you. For the pain of remembering was excruciating. It has been far too long since I have thought of you and the future we could ? and should ? have had. I grieved for so long? then forgot?

I write this to you now, knowing full well that you will never be able to read it, as a cleansing of my transgressions. For I do regret all that I have done over the course of these several years. I wasn?t strong enough to stop myself, but I have learned from that painful lesson. Even now, I can almost see your eyes sparkle with delight and your effervescent smile upon me as I tell you how this came to take place. You were always so forgiving of my mistakes. You were a constant, there to help me when I teetered on the edge. Now, beloved, our son ? yes, our son ? has shown me that the light does still exist. There is hope for me yet to escape the prison I cocooned myself inside of.

Yes, my angel, the child we conceived out of pure love that I had believed to perish with you. Yet another mechanism in my downfall?or so I thought. To my great joy, our son, Luke, not only survived but also has grown into a very special man. He has shown me through his own strength to resist the dark side and his love for me that I can still find my way out of the maelstrom. Yes, I did try to corrupt him. I shamefully admit that and have discovered the error of that path. However, I must keep up the facade in order to fool the Emperor. I have learned over the years to mask my true hatred of the man once known as Palpatine. I have been his servant, albeit willingly, all these years because he ?rescued? me. I should have died by your side, beloved, and saved the heartache that I have caused to others since then.

Luke has been the shining light to your once beloved husband. You will be happy to know that he is also a Jedi, a powerful one at that, and the Emperor rightfully fears him. He has your wisdom and calming nature. You would be so proud of him. Even as I tell you this, my plans are already falling into place to take care of the evil stranglehold that the universe has had to endure these past twenty years. Unfortunately, Luke is an innocent participant in all of this, but there is no other way to fool the Emperor.

I know my life will come to an end when I kill Palpatine, but Luke will still be alive and finally, finally, I will be with you again. In peace.

The 'Chosen One' is coming home...

My everlasting love,
    Anakin

2. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    AWE!!! Very well done as always, Arriss. I really enjoyed this little letter, yet another holiday treat. Sad and touching, great stuff.

BTW: Thanks for checking out my little holiday viggie.[face smile]

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

JD.

3. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Sniff! That's sad, and very touching. I hope they meet up again somewhere and are finally happy.

4. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    This is so sad and bittersweet, Arriss.

I have been his servant, albeit willingly, all these years because he ?rescued? me. I should have died by your side, beloved, and saved the heartache that I have caused to others since then.

*sniff* This line is so sad.

Loved it!

5. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    I know my life will come to an end when I kill Palpatine, but Luke will still be alive and finally, finally, I will be with you again. In peace.

:_| :_| :_|

That's beautiful, PJ. Great job. I got a lump in my throat reading this.

6. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Simply wonderful! A very touching look at how love can transform a person, for good and evil. Well done!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

7. darththunderbird

darththunderbird Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2003
    you got real gold, there

""the 'chosen one' is coming home" :_| :_| :_| "

that was touching, and you did a really good job of characterizing the pre-redemption vader

8. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Well, I'm typing as I wipe tears away. How beautiful! And I can TOTALLY imagine him feeling that way. Such a tragic lament, really. I can't help but think that, at the end, he was ready to go, ready to return to her, and ready for an eternity of groveling to atone for what he had done.

9. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Great letter, PJ! I'll second Stacy's thoughts above. He just looked SO weary by the end of ROTJ, you know he just wanted to go "home", which would be anywhere with her.

10. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Sorry for the late replies everyone. [face_blush] I?ve had (& still do) family in town and haven?t been around a computer so I?m sneaking in a few minutes now. ;)

JDH3
    AWE!!! Very well done as always, Arriss. I really enjoyed this little letter, yet another holiday treat. Sad and touching, great stuff.

BTW: Thanks for checking out my little holiday viggie.[face smile]

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Thank you very much. :D I?m glad you liked it. I wrote it back in the beginning of ?03? but never thought about posting it. I didn?t know how it would be responded to.

Oh, and you?re welcome. You did a really good job w/it! :D I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!!

Dally

Sniff! That's sad, and very touching. I hope they meet up again somewhere and are finally happy.

Thank you. :) I really wanted to express Vader?s shame and regret. I hope it came across well. It?s too bad fate couldn?t have turned out differently? :(

Gina

This is so sad and bittersweet

Yes, I do tend to tug on the heartstrings?from time to time. ;)

Glad you enjoyed it!! :)

a_g

Aw, Trac, I didn?t mean to make you cry? Oh wait, yes I did. [face_mischief]

All kidding aside, I?m glad you liked this piece. I really hoped to show the guilt Vader felt over the years. His redemption through Luke brought him home to Padmé. [face_love]

Darth_Leia_6669

Hmm, interesting screen name. [face_mischief] I?m curious about the numbers? If that?s a b-day then I?d say WOW! [face_shocked]

Simply wonderful! A very touching look at how love can transform a person, for good and evil. Well done!

Thank you very much. :D
    Love can do many wondrous things?can it not?? Glad you enjoyed!

darththunderbird

you got real gold, there

that was touching, and you did a really good job of characterizing the pre-redemption vader

Thank you so much! [face_blush] That line reminds me of ?Pirates of the Caribbean? which I watched recently. [face_love] that movie.

Sorry, I digress. However, thank you for the compliments. I always appreciate hearing that someone enjoys my writing. :D I wanted to show that although Vader did horrible things, he felt guilty over it and his pain still ran very deep.

Stacy

Hey there, welcome! :)

Well, I'm typing as I wipe tears away. How beautiful! And I can TOTALLY imagine him feeling that way. Such a tragic lament, really. I can't help but think that, at the end, he was ready to go, ready to return to her, and ready for an eternity of groveling to atone for what he had done.

Yes, I believe that once he found Luke, Vader?s mind churned and the tide changed. Something he once believed was gone had returned. All that was left was to undo some of what he had done and go home to his angel? His guilt would remain but by ending Palpatine?s miserable life, he could find some comfort.

Rhonderoo

WOW! I haven?t seen you in ages! [face_shocked] I hope you?ve returned to us!! Nice to see you back, dear. :)

Great letter, PJ! I'll second Stacy's thoughts above. He just looked SO weary by the end of ROTJ, you know he just wanted to go "home", which would be anywhere with her.

Thank you very much! I?m glad you liked this little ditty. I too believe he was weary. Luke restored life back into the husk and now one task had to be complete before he could find his way back to Padmé. The Force would be his judge and, apparently, (if we go by ROTJ) forgave him.

Some say you can?t go home again? I guess, in some circumstances, you can.

I truly hope everyone had a wonderful CHRISTMAS and the NEW YEAR is right around the corner!!! Be safe!! [face_love]

11. Lieutenant_Jaina

Lieutenant_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2003
    I will be with you again. In peace.

*tears* That was so emo and touching, pass me a kleenex please!

12. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    What a heartbreaking letter. So typical of Anakin to spill his heart out to Padmé, even with her long-gone. The clincher is the last line, "the Chosen One is coming home." Indeed. :_|

--MissPadme

13. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Lieutenant_Jaina

Here?s a Kleenex, dear. :) I?m glad you liked it. I guess it does kind of tug on the heartstrings. ;)

MissPadme

So typical of Anakin to spill his heart out to Padmé, even with her long-gone.

Yes, I think so too. I can imagine him writing to her in his chamber and wishing he could turn back time? *heavy sigh*

Glad you enjoyed it. :)

14. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    *bursts into tears* PJ, that was BEAUTIFUL! :_| [face_love]

You did such a good job on this -- truly worthy of a place in the Ami/Vader hall of fame. Optimé! :D

15. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Darth_Fruitcake

OMG! Oh, thank you so much, darlin?!! [face_love] What a wonderful thing to say! [face_blush] [face_blush]

*hands Kades a tissue*

16. BadMonkeySidekick

BadMonkeySidekick Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.