main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Love Letter Beyond the Saga anthology thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Amidala_Skywalker, Feb 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    The purpose of this thread is to showcase the submissions entered in the Valentine?s Day Love Letter (Writing) Challenge. More specifically, this thread will host the stories pertaining to the ?Beyond the Saga? category.

Note to participants ? You must post your story here otherwise your entry will be disqualified, meaning that it will not be judged by the challenge staff.

All challenge information can be found in the ?mother? thread, which is located here. Please do not post any questions, queries, or concerns (in reference to the challenge itself) on this thread. Only stories and reader replies belong here; the rest belongs in the topic I have linked to above.

Good luck to all!
    Amidala_Skywalker, LianaMara, and JainaDurron.

2. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Valentine?s Day Love Letter Challenge

Here?s my entry. It?s a vignette prequel to the non-Jaina/Jag plot :p in my short fic Chandrila Surprise from the Winter Holiday challenge.

I guess I?m on some sort of canon post-NJO kick or something. *shrug* And a big thanks to TKL for the speedy beta. ;)

On Zonama Sekot a year and a half after The Unifying Force?

The two young Jedi stood atop a rise overlooking the sweeping northern plains of Zonama Sekot. The stars still twinkled in the deep blue sky just now brightening with the first hints of the day to come. A brisk breeze ruffled their flight suits and whipped their hair.

Tahiri Veila gazed up at her companion and remembered that fateful day five years ago. ?No - for that you have to come back.? That handsome lopsided grin. ?Soon, then.? She shivered a little when Jacen Solo released her hands, cupped her cheeks in his palms, and leaned down to kiss her tenderly.

In her mind the Force showed her Jacen?s memories as clearly as her own, and for just an instant the deep brown irises flickered to the bright blue that haunted her dreams. ?Thirty seconds.? The thermal detonator. Jaina?s anguished cries. The screams and sounds and smells of the terrible battle in the worldship. ?Take her, Jacen. Kiss Tahiri for me.? Tahiri closed her eyes to fight back the tears ? and she gave Anakin the goodbye kiss she?d always regretted withholding. The moment was brief and eternal.

Yet the kiss lingered.

Tahiri finally pulled back from Jacen?s lips and smiled at the flush she felt in her face. He was blushing too, and grinning like a little boy with stolen candies. She swallowed hard and took a deep breath. ?Jacen??

?Yes??

?I want to read you something.?

Tahiri reached down to a pocket on her thigh and pulled out a small datapad. She turned it on and raised the brightness on the screen until she could see the words clearly in the thick gloom before dawn. ?My darling Tahiri,? she began. ?I love you and will always love you. I have to say that first. I know you know it already, but I?ve never said it properly. I always meant to say it ? I promise you that. If you?re reading this, though, it means I never did. I?d hoped it wasn?t the will of the Force, but it was.?

?Oh,? Jacen gasped. ?Oh, gods.?

Tahiri could only nod sadly.

?He knew,? Jacen whispered, still in shock. ?He knew and he didn?t tell any of us.?

?You may not believe what I?m about to say the first time you read this,? she continued, ?or maybe the hundredth or thousandth. Someday you will fall in love again. Someday you will love someone as much as you loved me. When that day comes, I want you to be happy. I want you to love again.?

Jacen shook his head. ?Anakin wrote this? My brother??

Tahiri laughed just a little. ?I know.?

?Not that I doubt him,? he said. ?It?s just??

She nodded again and kept reading. ?We had something special, Tahiri, something as precious as what my Mom and Dad have, or Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara have. I?d always hoped we could share it as long and as deeply as they have. But it wasn?t meant to be. I?ve accepted that, and someday you will too. Please don?t call me a liar.?

Jacen laughed, and Tahiri laughed with him.

?I?m not lying,? she persisted, imitating the lost voice. ?I?m not. Someday you will see that. And when you do, I hope you?ll understand something else too. Love isn?t selfish, and it isn?t jealous. The past is the past and the future is the future. Past loves are always with us ? they never fade from our hearts completely. But they are the past, not the future, and one day you will be ready to accept that truth for what it is.?

Tahiri paused and glanced up at Jacen to see him blinking repeatedly to fend off his own tears. From the first moment she?d read Anakin?s words after Myrkr,

3. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    That was awesome Lex!!! :D Very nice connection from what Anakin told Jacen to what you felt it should mean. (which actually makes some sense :eek: [this is coming from a mostly TK/J fan] :p ) You are an amazing writer!!! [face_love]

EDIT: You know what I just thought of (although I should have thought of it before [face_blush] ), you should write more J/T and I'll be converted. [face_love] I really love the way you write them. *sighs contentedly*

4. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    Wonderful! i loved how you did that. personally, i'm also a J/TK fan but u did a really good job with j/t and how it happened!

-jj00

5. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    That was awesome, Lex. I normally go for J/TK but that could make me switch. Really sweet.

6. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    Disclaimer: whatever you recognise isnt mine.
    My Dearest Jag,

How is your family doing? I hope they?re well. Everything is well here. Zekk just got married to a wonderful girl by the name of Malcala. It was a gorgeous Jedi wedding conducted by Uncle Luke. I haven?t seen so many Jedi together since the end of the war. It was great to see Tenel Ka once again. She has this air about her now that reminds me of my mother in some ways when she held the high office.

Jacen?s doing well. He?s off on another one of his adventures and Tahiri?s meeting up with him in a few weeks. Mom and Dad are actually on a vacation. They?ve gone off to Pakrik Minor. Apparently that place has some sentimental value to them. Luke and Mara have gone to visit little Ben. He?s been growing so fast!

I wish I could see right now. I miss you so much! I miss-

?Sir- you?ve got a meeting in five minutes with the Admiral.? I?m going to have to teach that man to knock. And I was just getting to the good part. Ah well, I guess it?ll have to wait.

Hurrying down the hall I passed by the cafeteria, the sim room and the med center. It made me remember a line from the earliest of speeders, ?pick any color you want. As long as it?s gray.? Just like the Chiss, everywhere you look it?s blue, blue and more blue. I think I like the variety of the New Republic planets better. So many different species all getting along- it?s quite spectacular actually.

Ah, here I am. The Admiral?s office. Ah, how I?ve missed a good military reporting. I knocked once. Good, I still have some military procedures in my head. Entering the room, I gave sharp salute. ?Sir, Colonel Jagged Fel reporting as ordered.? Ah, gotta brush up on that voice. Ugh.

?Sit down Colonel. Since you?ve taken the job of becoming an ambassador, the council has summoned you for a mission to the New Republic. You leave in 7 hours, so wrap up all you?ve got here and get on the Avenger . It departs at 0600. I?m assuming you don?t need to be told to get there earlier than the departure time? No, good. Then I?ll tell Caption Yan to expect you at 0500 tomorrow.?

?Yes sir, thank you.? Snapping a salute I walked out of the office and back to my own. A chance to see Jaina! My day just got a whole lot better. A smile threatened to grace my face as I walked through the masses of grim, blue people. I must've looked like a fish out of water. If only my father could see me now?

?Jon, make sure my messages are forwarded; I don?t want a host of messages here when I?m in NR territory.?

?Yes sir.? It?ll be a miracle if it actually gets done. Striding into my office, I packed up everything I could need on my diplomatic voyage. Datacards filled with interpersonal facts for different planets and species and minutes from the last year?s worth of council meetings, dress uniforms, day to day uniforms and a flightsuit, NR currency, holos of my family and friends and various amenities.

By this time the clock had reached a little beyond 2200. Deciding to make the most of my sleep time, I settled down on the couch in my office, setting the alarm for 0400. That should give me enough time to send off letters to my family in the morning and get primed and ready and to the docking bay by 0430. Ah, Chiss timing. Nothing like it anywhere else, except Twin Suns that is. If you?re on time you?re late. If you?re early you?re on time. And if you?re even earlier you?re normal. Goodness, with all these thoughts I?ll never get to bed befo?

?0400 0400 0400 0400 ? reaching out, I hit the alarm twice, signaling it to shut off. Really, couldn?t they just make a beeping sound? It would be better than reminding one that it actually is four in the morning. Putting my uniform from last night in the cabinet, I pulled on a new one. The feel of starch in the morning; wonderful.

Now, what was it I had to do? Ah yes, letters.

Father,

I?ve been called by the Council to go on

7. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    ¡°Jacen? What are you thinking?¡±

¡°If the little brat were still alive,¡± he chuckled, ¡°I¡¯d strangle him right here, right now.¡±

I love your letter lex. Yay, a new Jacen/Tahiri story. I'm really excited. It was so beautifully written too.

~aeryn

8. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    I'm reviewing as I go...

Lex's entry first.

She shivered a little when Jacen Solo released her hands, cupped her cheeks in his palms, and leaned down to kiss her tenderly.

In her mind the Force showed her Jacen?s memories as clearly as her own, and for just an instant the deep brown irises flickered to the bright blue that haunted her dreams.
    Man oh man I loved [face_love] that whole part!

The moment was brief and eternal. :eek: How profound - hot and cold, ideas like that. How can they be together when they should never be so? I knew what you meant ;)

Yet the kiss lingered. [face_love] Jacen making the move [face_love]

?We had something special, Tahiri, something as precious as what my Mom and Dad have, or Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara have. I?d always hoped we could share it as long and as deeply as they have. But it wasn?t meant to be. I?ve accepted that, and someday you will too. Please don?t call me a liar.?

Jacen laughed, and Tahiri laughed with him.

?I?m not lying,? she persisted, imitating the lost voice. ?I?m not. Someday you will see that. And when you do, I hope you?ll understand something else too. Love isn?t selfish, and it isn?t jealous. The past is the past and the future is the future. Past loves are always with us ? they never fade from our hearts completely. But they are the past, not the future, and one day you will be ready to accept that truth for what it is.?

You did a great job of capturing Anakin's voice - the young rascal he was and the man he was becoming. I thought that was clever how you incorporated both elements.

Jacen scowled. ?Her, he said. Her. Her, her, her.?

Tahiri furrowed her brow. ?I don?t understand.?

He closed his eyes. ?Thirty seconds? Take her, Jacen. Kiss Tahiri for me? Take her, Jacen? Kiss Tahiri for me? Take her??

And Mr Oblivous gets a clue. So totally Jacen! :D

Tahiri kissed him back until her heart was pounding and she ran out of air. ?You know,? she said, gulping for breath, ?even with all this I still think the kiss for him was a one-time deal.?

He flashed her the trademark Solo lopsided grin. ?Oh, I agree. But that kiss wasn?t for Anakin.?

Her heart raced even faster. ?No??

?No. It was for me.?

Clever boy this Jacen Solo is becoming. Making the move on false pretenses then running off with the prize. He might make his father proud after all. Some might say he was even a bit of a scoundrel there.

Great little piece, Lex.

(Just how or how can you ask me to beta stuff when I am laughing [face_laugh] and crying :_| at the same time ?[face_plain] Not fair I say :p )

9. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Here's my letter story. I don't think it'll be what you think. It's pretty much a bunch of OC's with some CC's thrown in. It's AU. The Vong never happened.

Xander hurried down to the office in the academy where Master Skywalker interviewed new students. He knocked on the door, then entered.

Luke looked up from his desk. "Xander," he said, "I have something for you. Some clearing crews found an old trunk in the remnants of one of our bases on Coruscant. We left in quite a hurry when the Imperials tried to regain the planet, and many things got left behind. Here, come look at it. It's about eighteen standard years old." Luke rose from his chair and walked over to a closet. He motioned towards it.

"It has the name Alexander Venravder on it."

"That's my name, but I wasn't even born then. It can't be mine."

"I think it might have been your father's. You did mention that he had been a Rebel, didn't you?"

"Yeah, him and my mom," Xander said. He knelt next to the trunk. "I wonder what's in it," he muttered. Then he lifted the lid and looked inside.

A stack of yellowed papers, tied with a red satin ribbon, sat on top of some pilot's jumpsuits. Xander picked up the stack and undid the ribbon. The first letter said To Our Son. He unfolded it and read it outloud.

Our dearest boy--

You haven't even been born yet, and we're already writing you! We're writing in the case that we disappear before you grow up. This is because we chose to be part of the Rebel Alliance that downed the Empire after the Battle of Endor. It will still be a long, hard struggle to completely bring freedom back, but it's worth it.

We're sure that you will grow up to be a fine young man. We'll always be proud of you, no matter where you are or what you're doing. We love you, son. That's why we decided to bring a child into this galaxy in the first place--to love him or her as much as we possibly can. We only want the best for you, but if you decide to be something else, that's fine with us too. That's what freedom is--the ability to do what you want within limitations.

So, if you are reading this, it means that we might not have always been there for you. It means that maybe we were never around. But understand that that was never our intention. We love you, and we wouldn't want anything or anyone to harm you.

Once again, always remember that we love you.

--Your doting parents, Alex and Lesara

Xander wiped away a tear. "I thought they'd just left or were captured when I was six. I didn't know that they loved me like that."

Luke slung one arm around the teen's shoulders. "Anyone who acts as a parent usually has feelings of love for a child. Love and protection. I promise that we will keep looking for them."

"I hope we find them. I want to tell them how much I love them," Xander said, setting the letter back inside the trunk and closing the lid. "I really do."

"I hope you get that chance," Master Skywalker said.

The End

10. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    [face_love] Valentine?s Day Love Letter Challenge [face_love]

So I?m taking a shot at this. My vignette takes place four years after The Unifying Force.

Thanks to Lex for the trained eye. ;)

MISSING YOU

She was so cold. And alone.

Try as she might she found no energy to adjust her broken leg?s position as she rested against the shattered hull of her X-wing. It had been a day since she had sipped her last reserve of water, and days before that since she had eaten her last ration bar. Even with Jedi healing techniques, her body could not last much longer. The crash on this moon, then the elements, had sealed her fate.

She was dying.

Somehow, she managed to roll her head and gaze up into the last golden beams of the system?s glowing sun as her moon passed into the nightside of its planet. Darkness was descending and with it came freezing winds and chilling temperatures her body was now too weary to fight.

The distinct lines of the sun?s rays were merging as her vision began to blur, the first sign of her soul?s exit. So she shut her eyes, refusing to witness her fate. Instead she recalled the last words she would ever know from the love of her life, reliving them in the exacting detail with which she had put them to memory before the datapad?s battery had failed.

She would remember and grieve before she died. And he would never know.

My Dearest Jaina,

I waited for you on Mon Calamari for as long as I dared before I had to return to Csilla. I hope this letter finds you well, and that your delay was just an unfortunate turn of circumstances ? and nothing more. I had dreamt of holding you in my arms while overlooking the Turni Reef just like we have many times before, to kiss your tender lips, to make love to you with the ocean and moon and stars as our witness.

And how she had wanted that kiss, lost in her lover?s arms.

She had never intended to miss him. The mission had been demanding and tiresome from the start. When one fire had been snuffed out, another always had flared elsewhere. Even her Jedi patience barely could handle the strain. She had endured, squeezing every ounce of diplomacy from her Skywalker blood. She was truly her father?s daughter, but for once, the princess and senator who had been her mother had prevailed. She had returned to the Jedi Council to report that the Junta-Kin standoff had been resolved ? successfully.

She had dreamt the entire way back to Mon Calamari of falling into his arms and losing herself there ? a fitting reward for her trials.

Alas some things must remain simply that ? dreams.

Her pride had been tempered with disappointment when she had returned home and had found only a letter left in her quarters to signify his departure.

There are things I had hoped to tell you before I returned home. I am not sure where to begin, so I will start with my news. The CEDF has been most pleased with my work as an ambassador to the Galactic Alliance, and I have been offered a promotion ? General no less. Of course, I hesitated to accept without talking to you first. The time for discussion and inclusion of your thoughts is drawing to a close. So I hold onto this one hope.

General! She was so proud. He would never know.

She had read those words during the middle of a long-winded discourse among the Jedi Council. The letter had been left unread at first. Disappointment over his departure had prevented her from enjoying his words, so she had saved them for later. As others had argued the merits of sending more Jedi to Zonama Sekot for further study, Jaina had surrendered to the overpowering urge to touch her lover on some level, even if it were just his thoughts committed to a datacard.

Come to me, Jaina.

Those words had scared her to the core. She had gasped audibly at the thought. Eleven solemn pairs of eyes had sought her out. She had mumbled an apology and the debate had droned on.

Come to me on Csilla and meet my family.

She had

11. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    quite wonderful guys!

LS: i loved the feelings brought out. maybe you could continue it in a story? it certainly leaves room for development at the end!

TKL: lovely as normal! i loved how u did jaina and it was really sweet but really sad. altho: did she actually die there? or did jag come to rescue her? just a little confused :confused:.

-jj00

12. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    oh wow TKeira_Lea! That was so beautfiul...great now I feel weird posting my pathetic excuse for a story, but, well I might as well get it over with. Everyone's entries have been so great! Really alot of nice reading for this Valentines week :D

--*--

Title: Yours Forever

Characters: Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade Skywalker, Ben Skywalker

Timeframe: A couple years after "The Unifying Force"

Rating: G

Summary: Luke leaves Mara a very special note?

Author's Notes: I was never very good at writing Luke and Mara in character, which resulted in me writing a lot of J/J and J/K fics. But I felt that those might be a little outdone at this contest, so I went back to L/M, my all time favorite couple. I'm terribly sorry if I get the characterization off, but I was trying to show the more intimate side of Luke and Mara's relationship. Often in the books their romance is very sparse. But there has got to be a spark in there somewhere, and I tried to show it here.

--*--

As slow as possible, Luke finally pulled back and stared hard into the green-jade eyes of his wife. He saw a small tear in the crook of her eye and he had a feeling that she had been trying to hold that one little tear back all week. Their kiss must have triggered something. It wasn't often that even Luke saw Mara Jade Skywalker cry, but every time it did, it broke his heart.

"You don't have to do this," Mara said forcefully, her eyes never leaving his. "You've done enough for them already."

Luke tried to smile, but considering the circumstances, that would be a good way to get Mara angry. Instead, he lifted his hand, caressing her cheek and wiping the one tear away. He noticed that no more had fallen.

That's my Mara, strong to the end.

"You know the answer to that, Mara. We've been over this."

Her bottom lip twitched just slightly, one of those things that only Luke could see, and her eyes dropped to the ground.

Another bout of pain tightened across Luke's chest. The answer had been so simple when they had called him for this mission. But as the minutes ticked down, both he and Mara felt a growing amount of apprehension, but both knew that it was Luke's duty to go. Neither of them were very young anymore, but Luke was still the ranking Jedi in the galexy and the best man for the job.

He slid his hand down the side of Mara's face and gently lifted her chin up so that she was looking at him again.

"It'll be alright, Mar," he whispered, in the most comforting voice he could find at the moment.

She studied his eye for a moment before replying. "How do you know?"

Luke leaned forwards and kissed her forehead. Leaving his lips close to her head and resting his cheek on her hair, he inhaled her scent, trying to capture it in his memory. Six weeks was a long time to be away from each other.

"Because I love you?"

He felt her relax a bit, but only a bit. He also felt her protective instinct kick in.

"You know I'd kill you if you died on me?"

Luke managed a smile this time and pulled back a bit so they could look at each other again. He saw that she still had not shed another tear, but that was expected. After all, this was Mara Jade. But tears were not needed for her to convey her fear. Her eyes were filled with it, and through their bond, he felt her silently wishing he would stay.

"Then I don't have anything to worry about."

The Jedi Master leaned forward for the last time, capturing his wife's lips in a kiss. This one lasted much longer than the last, and it had much more meaning behind it.

This time as he pulled back, Luke turned around right away, trying to make the parting quicker. He took a step towards the door and keyed it open. Just before stepping out, he turned back around and saw that Mara was still rooted to the spot.

"I love you," he said softly, and without waiting for more, he stepped out the door and heard it hiss shut behind him. As he stepped away, he heard her silently call through their bond.

I love you?

13. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    TKL: Wow! That was amazing!!! [face_love] Although, I too am confused... did Jag save her? ?[face_plain] That was very sad and sweet though. [face_love]

Ewoyn: :_| You made me cry!!! :_| Wonderful though! You wrote Mara and Luke so amazingly, and then Ben being the one to make all her pain go away. [face_love] Awesome job! :)

I'm still thinking about writing my own, you guys are very inspiring. [face_love]

14. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Actually, I'm planning it to be part of a fic that I'm working on. Thanks for the comments.

15. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Ok I need to catch up :p

Lex Very well done :)
    I'm not fan of Jacen/Tahiri because I don't like Jacen ( hehe [face_devil] ) but it was a really good written vignette :) Keep up the good work :)

JJ00 Very good one :)

As my arms enveloped her, I heard her whisper ?did you like my love letter??

Love letter? And to think, I never got to read the good stuff. Guess I?ll have to ask her to show me what she meant.
    [face_laugh] my favourite part :D

Laine_Snowtrekker Good work :)

TKL Well, well, well what have we here ;)

Guess what? You won't believe it: It was great :D

Poor Jaina :( She finally realised that she can't lose him . But why did she had to be dying to see this :(

I waited for you on Mon Calamari for as long as I dared before I had to return to Csilla. I hope this letter finds you well, and that your delay was just an unfortunate turn of circumstances ? and nothing more. I had dreamt of holding you in my arms while overlooking the Turni Reef just like we have many times before, to kiss your tender lips, to make love to you with the ocean and moon and stars as our witness. This part reminded me a love letter that I wrote in your thread :) Yeah but your is much better :)

16. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    JJ00: I enjoyed your entry. Loosening up Jag is fun to read. I especially liked the parts with the alarm clock. I am the same way.

lovely as normal! i loved how u did jaina and it was really sweet but really sad. altho: did she actually die there? or did jag come to rescue her? just a little confused Thanks for the kind words. As for your questions I wanted to leave that up to the reader to decide. It is definitely open to interpretation.

EJ: That was so beautfiul... Thanks as well. I am sure yours is going to be wonderful with Luke and Mara. I?m chugging along with replies to each author so I?ll be back when I?ve read yours.

J&J: That was amazing!!! Although, I too am confused... did Jag save her? Thanks :D See my answer to JJ00 above. You can imagine the ending however you want it but I will be forming a short story later based on this same premise that will indeed answer your questions. ;)

EDIT: Chimpo: Guess what? You won't believe it: It was great Why won't I believe it ?[face_plain] :p

Poor Jaina She finally realised that she can't lose him . But why did she had to be dying to see this Not the best way to have an epiphany for sure :(

17. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Oh, wow! All of these were awesome. Y'all did great guys.

18. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Why won't I believe it Hmm...Now I have a problem [face_plain] I thought you will understand the "true" meaning but it looks like you didn't [face_plain] My humor is in bad condition [face_plain] Oh well :p

19. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    You can imagine the ending however you want it but I will be forming a short story later based on this same premise that will indeed answer your questions.
    :eek: *is stunned* Short story??? :D This is something I'm very happy to hear!!! :D

20. -Trickster-

-Trickster- Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2003
    TKL Fabulous, as usual! That was amazingly awesome... Force, what I'd give to write like you.

EW You made me cry too! Just let Luke come home and we'll be good. *sniffles*

21. SpikeLeadJF

SpikeLeadJF Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2003
    Okay here's SpikeLeads!
    Title: A Letter Never Read
    Main Characters: Jaina and Jag
    Time frame: Dark Tide 2 Ruin
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    I always write letters no one will read. Don't ask me why, I just do. It's become a habit over the years, ever since Davin died. I write letters to people. Letters of complaint to politicians, letters of encouragement to fellow pilots, letters to Davin and Cherith... I think I even wrote to Grand Admiral Thrawn once. He was dead by then, though. And one of my teachers at the academy discovered it. But that brings back unpleasant memories. Even though I wrote all these letters, I never once wrote a love letter. Until now, that is. Today I met a pilot. Not just any pilot either, no she was something else. Now normally, I'm not the mushy type like all the men in my mothers holovids seem to be, but today I had to write. I just couldn't help it! Anyway this pilot, well, there's one problem. It's Jaina Solo. It's completely out of character for me but I wrote. And here it is.

Dear Jaina,
    Actually I scratched that out because it didn't sound right.

Dearest Jaina,
    Okay that's better.

Dearest Jaina,
    You'll never read this letter, I doubt you'll even see it and yet I wrote it anyway. When I saw you today my heart leapt and I couldn't believe my eyes. I actually thought you were an angel from Iego. I couldn't help it you were so beautiful. It was like one of those feelings my mother was always talking about, about when she met father. How she felt like she knew he was the one she was going to marry. It was like I was all of a sudden in a compression chamber. I couldn't breath or think or even move. Before I knew what was happening I was moving toward you. I don't know what came over me but I knew you were beautiful. And I wanted to marry you. I felt like a little kid all of a sudden, with a crush on some girl from school. You know, like the stories Davin used to tell me to scare me. That if a girl liked you in school she'd chase you around at recess and try to kiss you. Except I wanted to chase you. And I probably would've kissed you had it not been for my training. Oh, and the fact that it was a room full of politicians. I'll be leaving soon, and I doubt I'll ever see you again, so I'll say it right now. I love you. Truly and deeply, I love you. It sounds ridiculous because I've only talked to you once but I love you. I just wanted you to know. Even though you'll never read or probably even see this letter, I love you.
    Love,
    Colonel Jagged Fel

Now I have to go. I have just enough time to say goodbye to all my new friends and the hosts here. So here I go.

"Colonel Fel? Colonel Fel are you in here? General Antilles told me to come get you! It's time for you to-" I opened the door to an empty room. Jag's stuff is still here but he's not. "-leave." I finish my sentence uselessly. Okay so he's not here. I'll find him. But then I notice something sitting on his desk. I'm curious because it's a hand written letter on durasheet. So what do I do? Leave it alone? Read it? I'm sorry but I'm a sixteen year old. I think I'm supposed to be immature enough to read it. I reach out and take it in my hand.
    "Dearest Jaina..."
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

22. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Every story on here... has made me cry !!!

23. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    This is Tahiri/Anakin letter story, about 7 years after Unifying Force.
    It was a night of mixed emotions for everyone old enough to understand what it meant. For all its noble ideals and monumental accomplishments, the New Republic was not given to commemorations without committee approval. The day the Empire fell was mentioned in passing, the founding of the New Republic a matter of memorization for schoolchildren in history classes.

But the ending of the war between the Yuuzhan-Vong and the people of this Galaxy was something that they were unable to escape. It had left so many empty seats at family gatherings. There were too many orphans that would never understand why they were denied their homes. No matter how many years passed, there would still be the dead worlds, the constant rebuilding.

So, instead, they chose to honor their loss by celebrating that which they still had. Restoration Day had once been proposed as a day to commemorate the refounding of the Republic, but had been carefully vetoed. The day was finally established for the anniversary of the day that the galaxy was restored to those who had fought too many years to preserve it.

Tarin had suggested that they add another joyous event to the things remembered on that day, but Tahiri had been adamant.

"We both have too much to remember," she had chided, fingers tightening around his. "I don't want to smother the day I get married with the days I lost nearly everything."

She had considered the idea for several days before the suggestion dared to voice itself coming from someone else. Leia had more experience than anyone Tahiri knew in loss and she was the first to mention the possibility of following Restoration Day with the wedding. It took only a pair of heartbeats to consider, another pair to agree to it.

In theory, it was perfect, but arriving at this day was more difficult than she had ever expected. The festivities had raged on until a few hours past nightfall, when her friends had finally agreed that she needed her beauty rest and left her to her dreams.

It was near midnight and she could still find no solace, no way to escape the phantom pains and anguished flashes of memory that accompanied this day every year.

Finally, she settled into an uneasy meditation, hoping that if nothing else helped, she could find answers to her disquiet in the Force.

"Plan point fourteen," Anakin said with mock solemnity. "I use the Force to rip the motivator out of YVH-1-1-A."

"Plan point fifteen," Tahiri laughed. "We replace the motivators with lots of timed, explosive 'abominations' and high-tail it out of the system while the YVHs sabotage the entire Yuuzhan-Vong fleet."

His finger came up, wagging reproachfully. "That isn't a very Jedi thing to do," he insisted.

"Yes," she sighed, "but it would definitely be the will of the Force."

"As is plan point sixteen," he agreed.

Her eyes narrowed in teasing suspicion. "Which is?"

At a loss for the words to describe such an abominal act, he let his lips demonstrate it properly.

Abominably, an urge to giggle overcame her romantic inclinations, which she quickly quashed as she experimented with the flexibility of the plan point.

"I think," she said breathlessly as they parted, "that we should practice that stage of the planning as much as possible."

"I agree," he murmured against her lips.

A snort of disgust from the nearest disapproving sister parted them once more, but she remained at his side, leaning heavily against him, more out of desire to maintain contact than weariness. He didn't protest, only moved his arm to encircle her waist firmly.

"Plan point seventeen?" he prompted.

She shook her head firmly. "I haven't gotten that far, O Fearless Leader. I still have a question about the other points."

He inhaled deeply, letting out a weary sigh. "Such as? Do you need more practice on point sixteen?"

Her elbow found the vulnerable spot just below his third rib, nudging gently. "Be serious," she pleaded.

Abruptly, his demean

24. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Eowyn_Jade I loved that one. You did such a wonderfull job.

perfecto :)

25. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    These are so pretty! And DarthIshtar, that was gorgeous. [face_love] The letter at the end about made me cry.

Hopefully I get mine finished. Hehe~ this'll be my first challenge. o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.