main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Love Letter Beyond the Saga anthology thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Amidala_Skywalker, Feb 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    wow [face_shocked] DarthIshtar that was great! Very well done and so sad :(

EJ

2. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Alrighty, this has nothing to do with any other story I'm writing. So it's AU from those. Hehehe~ Remember that as you read it, if you've read anything else by me.

And yes, the letter is basically his holo messages to her... but whatever. I could sit here and explain the story all day. >_< It'd be better if you just read it. ;)

Thank ya! :D

-----

Meet me in the Gardens...

The war with the Yuuzhan Vong had ended mere weeks before and the Galactic Alliance was holding a formal celebration on her home planet of Hapes. Dignitaries and pilots, Jedi and Officers, there were many people present. The guest quarters of the Palace held high-ranking officials and Jedi Masters and the like. The Skywalkers had one of the more lush rooms, while Han and Leia Organa Solo were staying in one of the practical suites, mooching off of the Skywalkers whenever they felt the need.

Jaina Solo was staying with Tahiri Veila and Alema Rar, while Jacen Solo roomed with Zekk and Lowbacca. There were many nights when the Queen Mother would walk silently through the hallways of the guest quarters and she would hear laughing and talking. She would smile inwardly to herself, happy that the universe was getting back to normal.

But now in the middle of the night, the Queen Mother of Hapes drew in a short breath. She had found a handscrawled note outside of her door, the penmanship familiar... but one she hadn't seen in a long time.

Your highness,

I would be honored if you would join me in the Gardens tonight. I have my reasons.

Signed, me

It was a questionable letter. But Tenel Ka had a good feeling about it. She had made her way out to the gardens, in a trance-like state, barefoot and in her nightgown. Her mind wandered aimlessly as her feet carried her through the pathways of the Palace Gardens.

Why am I acting so heedless?

Tenel Ka shook her head and became alert, poking around hedge walls and down paths until she came to an empty grove. It was one of the small corners of the garden, vines snaking up branches, shrouding the small area in a dim light. The moonlight passed through spaces between them, and landed on a small, handheld holopad. Wondering how the small device got outside, Tenel Ka padded over to it, picked it up, narrowing her eyes as she studied it. Another handscrawled note sat on the ground beside the spot she found it.

Dear Tenel Ka...

With a slightly frustrated sigh, Tenel Ka kneeled on the ground and set the holopad down. Pressing the small red button, it was brought to life.

A clear holo of a man, from the broad shoulders up appeared, floating over the flat screen. She had passed this man earlier that day in the halls of the Palace and had nodded a hello to him.

"Hey there Tenel Ka." The holo spoke quietly. "You're probably wondering why I brought you out here... I'm not going to answer that. I'm just going to let you witness it for yourself."

Tilting his head to the side, Jacen's eyes wandered, as he looked away from the camera nervously.

"I've been gathering these holos over the years... and I think it's the right time to put them all together and show you just what's been going on in my head."

The image fizzled into another holo, the same man, almost a decade younger, squirming in the seat he sat in to record the message.

"Hi Tenel Ka! I decided to start these recordings today. I'll show 'em to you one day. We'll be able to look back on them and realize how stupid we were when we were younger... well, alright. How stupid I was!" The kid giggled, his brown eyes visibly sparkling in the dull holo. "Zekk laughed at me and said it's like I was keeping a diary... but we all know how he is, so negative all the time. Anyways, I just wanted this to be the first recording so---"

The young boy's eyes widened as they caught something unseen to the holorecorder.

"No! How'd you get out of there?! Jaina just made that cage!" With a look of panic on his face, young Jacen jumped up and his arm could be seen reaching towards the recorder.

The hol

3. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    -Tenel-Ka- That was wonderfull. i loved it. :)

4. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    Well, there my chances of winnng.

(*crumples piece of paper in her hand.*)

Great job, TK.

~*~ Austyn

5. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    -Tenel-Ka-: That kicked ***. [face_love] :_| [face_love] :_| [face_love]

6. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    -Tenel-Ka-: That was awesome!!! :D Amazing. [face_love]

7. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Oh, Lex! That was wonderful! [face_love] I told you after Chadrila Surprise that you had converted me to J/T and this only convinces me more. So sweet and yet so perfect for Anakin. I love it!!!!

8. Zekkxy

Zekkxy Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2003
    -Tenel-Ka-: I'm really glad to be reading mushy/happy writing from you again, and fantastic writing at that (not that the UV drama was bad, far from it, but I need to read me some more happy stories as of late). Bravo.

9. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Well TK, I'll jkust copy paste what I told U over AIM
    \

mhs7603: WOOO HOOOOOO
    mhs7603: GREAT VIGGIE!!!!!!

10. Enelya_Sol

Enelya_Sol Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2004
    -Tenel-Ka-

That was absolutely amazing!

11. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    -Tenel-Ka-, that was ungodly in its goodness. ANd that's the bottom line.

12. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Wow! :D Thank you all so very, very much! I'm really glad you all enjoyed it~ I had a lot of fun writing it.

And yeah, it's like on the other side of the emotional spectrum from my ongoing stories right now... I was happy to take a break and write something sweet and not-so-evil. ;)

Thank you all again!

13. tenelfan14

tenelfan14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2003
    wow. that was one of the best one-shots i have ever read. :D I loved it TK!

14. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    With all of the incredible entries that have been submitted so far, I considered not even bothering to post this, but what the heck. It's done; why not share? It started out as an idea for the Fall of the Empire Challenge that I never took the time to write involving the parents of an OC in a story that I'm struggling to finish. With a little tweaking, the same idea worked well for this challenge, and the darn thing wouldn't leave me alone until I wrote it. Anyway, here it is:

Love's Gamble

Xandria Lon sighed wearily as she trudged her petite frame down the corridor towards the squadron?s sleeping quarters. It had been a long day. Although the Death Star was gone and Palpatine and Vader were dead, the Rebellion still had a lot of work to do before the Empire could truly be defeated.

As she neared the doorway, she gently pulled off the band holding her long hair in a loose ponytail and shook her head slightly to allow the rich auburn tresses to fall around her shoulders. The gesture was all it took for her not to notice the tall figure barreling out of the room. They collided gracelessly, both emitting a wordless grunt.

Strong hands gripped her shoulders as she stepped back to remove her face from a solid chest. Xandria glanced up to meet the steely blue eyes of Donaro Blue, a fellow member of her squadron. A myriad of emotions flickered in those eyes too quickly for her to catalogue any of them.

?Sorry,? he mumbled quietly. Before she had a chance to even open her mouth to offer her own apology, he continued his flight down the corridor.

She spun on her heel and frowned at his retreating back. He had been acting strangely ever since they had landed. For the most part, he had kept himself hidden, and when Xandria had seen him, he had been very quiet and introspective. That was just not Donaro. Usually he was quick with a smile or a joke; our official morale officer, she liked to call him. You?d think he was the one that almost got vaped today, not me.

Xandria shuddered at the memory; that was an experience she wasn?t eager to repeat. While she certainly didn?t consider herself the best X-Wing pilot the Rebellion had to offer, she was no slouch. Unfortunately the TIE pilot that had latched onto her tail was a little better. She had tried every trick she could think of to lose him, even invented a couple more right there on the spot, to no avail. Thankfully, Donaro had finally been able to pick him off. It apparently hadn?t been easy; his voice had sounded unusually strained when he had responded with his customary ?no problem? to her grateful ?thanks.?

As if following a homing beacon, she crossed the darkened room to arrive at her bunk. Exhausted, she flopped down on the bed. Crinkle. She was so tired, that it took a moment for the sound to register. Wait a minute, she thought, these aren?t the softest pillows in the galaxy, but they don?t usually crinkle. She lifted her head up just enough to slip her hand underneath to retrieve a piece of flimsiplast.

Curiosity overrode her need for sleep, so she rose from her bunk and made her way back out to the corridor. The piece of flimsi was folded in half and simply said "Xan" on the front in Donaro's handwriting. Well, I guess that explains his hasty departure. She frowned. What could he possibly have to say to her that he couldn't just say to her face?

Xandria stole a furtive glance up and down the corridor to make sure no one was coming. Satisfied that she was alone, she leaned against the wall near the doorway and unfolded the note.

Xan,

Well, this is my sixth attempt at this now. I wonder what the odds are that I'll get it right this time, or even get the guts to give this to you if I do? Wait ? don't answer that. I know: we're both Corellian.

She smiled. Since when did Corellians care about the odds?

I've tried this from every vector I can think of; this time I think I'll just plot a straight course. I've liked you from the moment

15. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Darth_Lex: yep. I can deal with that. Excellent little 'fic...

JainaJag00: Aww... cute and clever all at once!

Laine_Snowtrekker: almost anything I could say in reply would be longer than the 'fic. And less good...

TKeira_Lea: Aww... Love, death, and words. [face_plain]

Eowyn_Jade: Impressive... most impressive.

SpikeLeadJF: Liked it!

DarthIshtar: I felt that. In the heart. This one wins the How the heck did that do that to me?! McEwok Award for Unexpected Emotional Disorientation.

-TK-: aww!

Even you need to play it straight sometimes, I guess...

Scoundrel: WOW!

That... that was just incredible. Not a foot wrong from start to finish. I'm seriously impressed...

- The Imperial Ewok

16. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    A Working Relationship

Well, they say you're dead.

Somehow, I have a hard time believing that. I've checked and triple-checked every information source I have access to - if nothing else, my resources are still impressive, and it's not as if I have anything else to do these days except sit and look at the screens, and wait for who-knows-what. I wonder if you knew. After all, information always was our shared passion. We simply differed in our approach.

But there's only one thing I can really be sure about right now. I'm not the only person greeting the reports of your death with a sense of stunned, sceptical disbelief.

I suspect, though, that you would have been disappointed with any other reaction. Somehow, you managed to ensure that even your death, like everything else you did, came to be defined instantly and automatically in your own terms. In equal measure - total shock, a profound sense of asthetic truth, and a baffled inability to understand just how it happened.

Apart from that, I suppose, people have a hard time imagining that those who they care about are really gone - regardless of the truth, whatever that may be.

Perhaps it's easier that way. But then, I don't think either of us was ever really into easy options.

What was it that we used to call it? Kick-the-rancor, wasn't it?

She was, as was her usual custom, unfashionably late for the Levee. She had dined alone, in a quiet brasserie near the Palace - the sort of place that catered for young bureaucrats and Fleet attaches who had the taste and discretion to avoid the overpriced, overinflated eateries nearby, and the Secretaries and Generals who frequented them. After that, she had returned to her appartment, unhurriedly, to wash her hair and change.

Since the platinum-edged invite specified Ball Dress or Uniform, she decided, on a sort of whim, to wear her rarely-worn deck blacks. She had been looked at the uniform hanging in the guardrobe for several moments before she realised what she was going to do, liking the way the soft, subtle fabric of the tunic and breeches contasted with the glossy leather of the belt slung casually over the wire and the polished boots sittling underneath.

When she looked at herself in the mirror, five minutes later, she saw how the darkness of it all was offset only by the brushed steel buckle on the belt, and the blood-red flash of the armband which identified her as an aide attached to the Ubiqtorate.

She liked that. Her lack of rank insignia was in itself a symbol of her importance.

Even she, she decided, was entitled to some simple pleasures, sometimes.

And so, daringly underdressed and three hours late, she arrived at the Levee.

As she had suspected, the only other person whose clothes were as unfashionably understated as her own was the young Senate Representative from Alderaan, a slim essay in artificial innocence, corsetted in a white winding-sheet, following dutifully at her widowed father's side as he moved among the knots of guests from the Loyal Opposition. A girl of what, fourteen, already selected as her father's heir.

She watched the "Prince of Democracy" and his daughter discretely for several minutes, until Bail Organa glanced in her direction, frowning at her smile. Then, she turned away, smiling all the more. She doubted that young Princess Leia had even seen her - and even if she had, she was sure she wouldn't think anything of the visual contrast between them.

And then, she saw him.

Standing on the edge of the dancefloor, with his back to her, her first reaction was a sense of electric shock at the confidence of his poise. Her second thought was that his uniform was almost as outre as her own.

The uniform - she had never seen anything like it, but she knew it could be nothing else - was really just a tight-fitting red jumpsuit, comfortable and practical. But there was something self-consciously tailored about it - no, exquisitely tailored - and it was finished with formal details that made it the effortless equal of

17. daeana

daeana Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2002
    ok, i know i haven't posted much in the past, but i just started a fic (which i haven't posted anywhere yet), and the prologue fits in so well with this challenge i just had to share, despite all the incredible posts so far.

all you really need to know about the plot of my fic is that for circumstances out of everyone's control (i.e. i haven't actually come up with the mechanism yet), Jag is losing his mind. it's set after TUF, when Jag and Jaina are back together again. sorta.

Emnesa - prologue

Jaina,

It occurs to me to write this while I am able. I can feel myself slipping away. I can feel my mind loosening. But I still have so much to say to you.

The selfish part of me wants to bind you to me, but I realize the damage that would do to you. I can?t do that to you, no matter how much I want to. I still hope to see you. I know I may not be able to express that in the future, but I need you to know that now.

I have so many wishes. I wish I could grow old with you. I wish we could have a family together. I wish I could watch you, the most incredible person I know, become even more incredible. I wish we could go back to that day and change everything. I wish you could just wrap your arms around me and make all these problems disappear. I guess most of all, I wish this had never happened.

I now understand our fate. We are to be always together, to be always bound to each other, yet we are to be forever apart. It?s rather melodramatic, actually.

I want you to know how much I treasure my memories of you. I will fight as hard as I can to keep them. I?m willing to lose everything else, as long as I have a memory of you. There are so many to choose from. The mischievous glint in your big, beautiful eyes and the playful tone you add to your voice when you want something. The softness of your skin under my fingertips. The feel of your hair against my skin. The sensation of your lips against mine. The look on your face whenever I call you beautiful. The confidence you exude when you?re in full Goddess or command mode. The glow from your lightsaber that softens your face. The gentleness of your voice when you say that you love me. The pounding of your heart against my chest. The warmth of your body next to mine. The shine in your eyes when you win a fight. The love you have for your family, fellow Jedi, and others who, although unrelated by blood, have become your family. The compassion you feel so deeply, whether you admit it or not.

I even cherish the bad memories. Your darkness on Hapes. Your insistence on arguing with me at every turn. Your efforts to save Tahiri. Because despite the pain, it was clear that you hold compassion and love above all else.

And even if I should fail, if this takes away every memory that I have, I would still find the way back to you. I would still know you. In this life, and in every other.

I love you. I will always come back to you.

Jag

18. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

?What has gotten into your mother lately??

?Oh, Dad,? Jaina Solo laughed at the perplexed look on her father?s face. ?Don?t you know??

?Was it something I said??

?No, Dad.?

?What then? Is your mother going away on another diplomatic mission or something??

?No, Dad.

Han Solo frowned. ?Look, sweetheart, I just figured being a girl and all you would understand these crazy mood swings your mother?s been having lately.?

Jaina sighed. ?Do you really not know??

?Is this something to do with our anniversary next week??

Jaina reddened. ?I can?t really say, Dad.? But then, what she?d said had been enough.

Leia?s got a kink in her lightsaber because she thinks I?ve been neglecting her? That I haven?t been romantic enough or something? Han wondered. Aloud, he said: ?All right, look, if Mom doesn?t want you to say, I won?t push you. Off to bed now, sweetheart.?

?Goodnight, Dad.?

?Goodnight, Jaina.?

[i]Romantic. Romantic. Shemantic. [/i]Han?s thoughts turned over and over in his mind as he went through the crawlspace under the floorboard of the main level of the[i] Falcon [/i]trying to rewire some faulty circuits. He knew very well that his and Leia?s twelve-year wedding anniversary was approaching, and he?d actually planned a romantic dinner à deux for that night. Luke had volunteered to watch over the children so that they could have the time alone.

But as Han thought more about it, he remembered that they?d had a romantic dinner for their anniversary last year.

[i]Maybe she wants more than just a boring dinner, Han thought. What can I do to make it more romantic? Glowlamp light, soft music, flowers? Hell, I?ve done all that. I did it last year. What else does she want? Something new and spontaneous, too? Women![/i] The hydrospanner slipped from his hand and dropped onto his boot.

?Damn it to all nine hells of Corellia!?

[hr]
    The thought came to him the next morning when he was shaving.

A love letter.

Han rolled his eyes at his reflection in the mirror. He?d never written a love letter in his life. He had no doubt of his love for his wife; every time he looked into her lovely, liquid brown eyes he felt that same sensation of awe and desire that he?d had since he first met her on board the Death Star. Every time he held her in his arms he tried to show her his feelings with his arms and his lips. But to articulate these thoughts and feelings was an entirely different matter.

[i]Dear Leia.

No?.My darling Leia.

No?

Sweetheart.

Yes, ?sweetheart? sounds good.

Sweetheart, I love you.

And?

What the hell else can I say?

Sweetheart, I?

Maybe I should get a snack. That might help clear my thoughts.[/i]

[hr]
    ?Thing is, Goldenrod, you?re the one with the fancy language whatever??

?Well, Captain Solo, I am well versed in over six million??

?So, what I want to ask is if you could help me come up with a letter for Leia.?

?A?a letter? For Mistress Leia?? Threepio?s voice modulators were set high to register his surprise and confusion.?

?Yes. For Leia.?

?But?but don?t you see Mistress Leia every day??

?Look, Goldenrod, I?m not asking you to analyze this, I?m just asking you to do it!?

?Of?of course, Captain Solo,? Threepio took two steps backward, as next to him, Artoo beeped in some alarm at Han?s tone of voice, as well. ?What would you like me to do??

?Our anniversary is coming up next week,? Han said, as he started to pace around the room. ?And I wanna do something special for Leia. She?s had the romantic dinner and the flowers and the music. I wanted to do something else. Something new. I thought maybe a romantic letter?but I?ve never written a letter like that. I feel like an idiot trying to get the words out.?

?Of course, Captain Solo, I?d be more than happy to oblige. What would you like me to say??

?I?I just?I?I dunno,? Han muttered, running his fingers through his hair as he continued to pace. ?I want to say that I love her. That she means everything to me. That?that she?s beautiful. But it all

19. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    Title: When All The Stars Have Vanished
    Author: Knight_Dilettante
    Rating: PG
    Summary: Love letters from the past focus Han and Leia's feelings.
    Word Count: 1999
    Author's Notes: I think PG is right. Intimations of death and vague references to um 'contact'. I see I hit 1999 again (something tells me I'm going to obsess on the third one until I do the same). This time it was easier although I still left out enough that this will probably be redone later but as part of another thread. Warning: it does contain possible spoilers for some upcoming works of mine and will most likely reappear in its longer form in that thread.

The letters from the past are less than half the word count and also are supposed to be serving the Han and Leia relationship so this is in the Beyond forum because Han and Leia's part of the tale occurs enough after RotJ for the rebels to have managed to get near to taking Coruscant if not having already done so. This would be an AU of the EU (and possibly the GFFA universe as well) since in my universe, the Empire doesn't crumble completely the second the Emperor is dead. And no injured donkey plots about arranged marriages exist in my universe. At least, not involving Leia. (Hippity hop, hippity hop.)

Oh, and this too has not been beta-ed. She still has a life, and clearly I don't (it's what time?!?!?!). Good night, all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Han walked in the door, called out "Honey I'm home." in his best 'annoy the princess' voice and stopped short.

Leia was seated at the comm unit, her hands gripping her upper arms as though she were trying to hold herself together. And tears were streaming down her face. Not the expression he had been expecting on the half year anniversary of the day he had told her he loved her. His greeting should have irritated her as their relationship was still unofficial and too new, not made her cry. His heart contracted with fear until she rose and turned to him, opening her arms. He crossed the room in two strides and gathered her up before he bothered to try to decipher what she was saying around the sobs and gulps.

"It was a horrible, horrible time. It ruined so many lives. What right do we have to be happy? To find joy out of so many others' pain?"

"Whoa, Princess, everyone, even you, even me, has the right to be happy. I think I can make you happy and I'm sure as hell gonna try. And I know being with you will make me happy."

"I was so naive, Han. I thought all we had to lose was our lives."

"Honey, that's kind of a biggie." He smoothed her hair away from her face and pulled the silk lining of his vest up to dry her tears. She had smacked his arm lightly for his answer so he knew she was going to be able to explain now. "What is it? Really."

"I was sorting through some stored comms. We all have a chunk of them. We have to go through looking for signs of what Palpatine did with some of the people we know he imprisoned but we haven't found yet."

Han just nodded. He knew all that, he'd been assigned his own group of stored comms, but he recognized a breather when he saw one. She was calm enough to continue now so he prompted her. "And you found something upsetting."

"Oh Han," she started to cry again, tears forming faster than he could catch them at first, slowing as she explained, "I found a cache of love letters. I had to read them to make sure that's really what they were. The poor man. And woman too if what I think happened, happened."

"What was that?"

She was still focused on her explanation, but Han just let her talk where she wanted, it was keeping the tears from forming for now. "There's regular letters from him for years even though her last one is more than 20 years ago." she said. "I haven't read all of his yet. I think some may have gotten lost when the storage filled. The poor man just kept loving her despite the fact that she never wrote again."

"You think she was killed?"

"Or imprisoned. I don't think she could have just left him. Not and written what

20. Rogue_of-Peace

Rogue_of-Peace Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Wow, what wonderful stories you've got going here. I especially like -Tenel-Ka-'s. Here's my own attempt of a Jacen/Tenel Ka Love story. Apologises in advance for all emotions extracted.

The Symbol of My Love

by Rogue_of-Peace (ROP)

Author's notes: This is about two years after the ending of TUF, and includes small elements of my own fic Return of Empathy.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    It had been several months since Jacen had last stepped on the surface of the Alliance?s new capital, Denon. He had been to the outer edge of the known galaxy, checking on the Yuuzhan Vong on Zonama Sekot. Although he was sad to be apart from the wonder that was the living planet, he was glad to be returning to his friends and family. He had some important things that needed doing.

He would propose in private to Tenel Ka, Queen Mother of the Hapes Cluster.

But hopefully not Queen Mother for much longer. Now that the war was over, and everything was settling down, Jacen and Tenel Ka had discussed the possibility of her abdication, leaving the poisonous political affairs and royal intrigues behind, and living a peaceful life together.

Tenel Ka mentioned before Jacen had to leave for Zonama Sekot that she might be ready to step down, and that she may have found a suitable candidate to take over.

Jacen therefore made a detour to Dathomir, where the remaining members of the Singing Mountain clan helped him to make a simple gold ring, adorned with a small sapphire gem. Although it was not the most expensive piece of jewellery that Tenel Ka would ever wear, Jacen knew she would appreciate it.

His Sekotan ship, the Familiarity, docked on the surface of Denon. He made his way across the city, taking his time. He thought of the small box that rested in his pocket. When Jacen reached the family townhouse, he was surprised to see who was inside.

?Uncle Luke? What are you doing here?? Luke and Mara, along with their child Ben, lived in an apartment not far from here. The Solo townhouse was used by his mother, father, sister or himself whenever they were on Denon.

Luke, not hearing Jacen come in, turned around to face him. His eyes were filled with great sorrow. ?Jacen, you?re back.? He seemed to study something in Jacen?s expression. ?You haven?t heard, have you??

?Heard what? Uncle Luke, what?s happened?? Jacen asked, the tension building in his heart.

The door opened to his sister?s room, and Jaina stepped into the main room, her eyes reddened with recent tears.

?Jaina! What?s wrong?? Fear mounted upon Jacen, he felt it pulsing through his veins. ?Is it Mum? Dad??

Tears began to leak through Jaina?s eyes again. ?Oh, Jacen? Tenel Ka died last week.? Then she began to sob again, and threw her arms around her brother.

No? it can not be! He tried to touch the bond between himself and his love, yet could not find it. He spread his senses across the galaxy, in a vain hope that he could touch her one last time. Yet it seemed as if she were?

Tears poured from Jacen?s face, as he finally realised the truth: his love was gone. ?How did she??

?She was murdered,? a cold voice replied behind Jacen. He let go of Jaina to face the newcomer.

Luke began to introduce the person. ?Jacen, this is??

?Ariolé T?Dor, personal aide and adviser to Queen Mother Tenel Ka. She was also one of Tenel Ka?s dearest friends.?

?And so were you. She should have had more such friends with her at the end,? she said, Ariolé?s voice a mixture of anger and anguish.

?How did she die?? Jacen asked again.

?One night miniature spider-droids were inserted into the Royal Bedchamber, where they released a minute amount of a deadly toxic gas. Her bodyguards present in the room with her succumbed to the poison in a few days, while she wasted away in a fortnight. No amount of medicine or bacta could treat her, and only the Force kept her alive for so long.?

?Who do you think did this, Ariolé?? Luke asked.

?The investigation force found no clues, but the obvious place to look would be

21. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    LP - Maybe I should get a snack. That might help clear my thoughts - LOL!!! [face_laugh] - I loved your story!! Threepio's version of a love letter was a riot!

Knight_Dilettante - Is this just the first chapter in a much larger story??? I hope so... it sounds so good! :D :D

22. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    Okay, here's my entry. I almost decided to scrap it, when I read everyone else's entry, but I decided to go ahead and post it anyway.

This is little vignette is an outtake from my AU story Many Faces of the Force. Thanks to my Master Jaya Solo and to Jaina_and_Jag for looking over this for me.

Jagged Fel stifled the urge to smile as the piece of paper in the breast pocket of his flight suite crinkled, and he snapped to attention. He would be off duty in a matter of hours and free, at least for a little while, of his shortsighted commanding officer. It was people like him who were making them loose the war.

Jag was barely even listening as the man continued to speak. He would do what he had to, to combat the Vong and keep the members of his squadron as safe as possible. The only thing that was keeping him from snapping at the man were thoughts of Jaina.

They had been separated for months now, since he had been a part of the half-squadron of Twin Suns pilots that Jag had taken to Shelter as a fighter escort for the Jade Shadow. When they had returned to Mon Calamari, he had been assigned his own squadron, despite his protests that he wanted and needed to stay with Jaina.

Jag saluted sharply and walked away from the man after he had finished his speech. This had been their first chance to see one another and they only had thirty-six hours of leave. It would be thirty-six very well spent hours if Jag had anything to say about it. He had missed her so much. He had missed her intoxicating presence and the way her brown eyes danced with anger, mirth, or love. Most of all he missed the way that he felt when he was with her, like they were the only beings in the galaxy.

They had been trying to keep in contact with each other as much as their unpredictable lives allowed, sending holomessages back and forth to one another across the galaxy. In the last message that Jaina had sent to him, she had ended it with a heartfelt, ?I miss you, Jag,? and then lightheartedly blown him a kiss. He had thought it was the end of her message, but he had been pleasantly surprised to see her image keep playing, rather than freeze in its final position.

The smile on her face was anticipatory and only for him. ?I have something for you. I don?t know when you?ll get it, but you?ll know it when you see it.?

Two days later, a young lieutenant that he didn?t know had stopped him in the docking bay, and given him a handwritten letter. Jag had known instantly who it was from. The young man had told him how the letter had changed hands repeatedly, being carried closer and closer to Jag?s current posting every time.

He had known that it was different and important when he received it. Jag had immediately thought it was special. He hadn?t known how special it was. Jaina had said so many things in that letter. Some of it surprised him and some of it had made him smile, in that way that only Jaina could make him smile. The words had been carefully written and he had pictured how she?d looked as she had written them- beautiful of course, but in a way that was uniquely Jaina.

Jag smiled as he ran a finger over the fine paper, now wrinkled from repeated readings. He stared at the last line in particular. It was a bold statement, sitting by itself at the end of the page, but it didn?t fail to convey any of the emotions that the words signified.

[i]I love you, Jag.[/i]

Jag hardly noticed it at first, and then he blinked, as if coming out of a trance as he noticed his comm. link chirping softly. It got louder and he looked at it curiously as he picked it up to answer it. He flicked it on, but it didn?t stop chirping. The noise got louder still, changing in pitch and tone. And then to his confusion, he was staring at the cold hard lines of hyperspace. He smiled again instantly reassured as he remembered where he was. He was going to see Jaina. Jag reflexively reached for the letter tha

23. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    Here's my entry. It's based three years after the NJO. Just some quick info.: a few months earlier, Jaina and Jag had an arguement about taking their relationship farther right before Jag had to leave for Csilla.

Now on to the story....

I Can't Wait Forever

It came subtly at first, like a small cold. Then a month later Jag couldn't keep any meals down and barely had enough strength to stand. He had been visiting his parents a week after the symptoms had started and his mother suggested that he should see a doctor. Jag dismissed the suggestion, but when he collapsed three days later after getting up from the dinner table, he was taken to the Med-center anyway.

After five hours of testing it was determined that Jag had a rare hereditary disease that attacked the different systems of the body at random with an amazing ferocity. They gave him two months at the most to live.

Two and a half weeks after the diagnosis, Jag was back home. His health had steadily declined and he had not left his bed in over a week. He had just summoned his mother for a favor. The sound of the door whisking open woke him from the doze he had fallen into while waiting.

"Did you need something Jagged?" Syal asked, a concerned look on her face and the same sadness that had been there when they first got the news still filled her eyes.

Jag's voice was barely a whisper. "There's a datapad in the top drawer of that desk. Can you get it for me?"

Syal walked over to the desk, which was only a short distance away from the bed, and got the datapad from the drawer. A datacard was already inserted into it.

Syal eased down next to him on the bed. Jag's gaze fell upon the datapad. "I had started a letter to Jaina, but I never finished it. I got too tired. I need you to finish it for me."

"Of course."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few days later, and halfway across the galaxy, Jaina got Jag's letter. She sat down on the couch in her living room and began to read the letter.

Dear Jaina,

I'm sorry I couldn't get this to you sooner. I've been given some rather bad news recently. A little over a month ago I found out I had a rare disease and was given only a few months to live.

I have decided that instead of you hearing of this on the Holonet after I had passed, I would tell you now in hopes that I might see you again. I know that when we last met, we didn't leave on good terms, but I want you to know that I'm sorry for trying to push our relationship. I was just tired of waiting. I do still love you very much and I always will.

If it's not too much for you, I'd like for you to come to Csilla. I have something for you and I want to give it to you personally, but I'm not sure how much longer I have. If I'm not here when you get here (if you come), my parents should have it. I look forward to seeing you one more time.

Love,
    Jag

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bundled up in her parka, Jaina walked up to the Fel estate and rang the doorbell. Jag's letter had hit her like nothing else ever had. She had loved Jag ever since she had first said it, but never realized how much until now. At first she was afraid to go, thinking she didn't deserve a chance to see him after making him wait so long for her love, while she went out to pursue her goals. Then she realized it would be unfair to Jag to deprive him of his last chance to see his one true love, and she couldn't do that.

The large doors opened up to reveal Syal. Jaina had met her a few times over the years while with Jag and, just like now, she had always welcomed her with a warm smile. She ushered Jaina in and hung her parka in the coat closet.

"How is he doing?" Jaina asked.

Syal forced a weak smile. "Not too bad considering. Last week he stopped eating, not that he had much choice, and he couldn't stand at all. But today it seems almost like he's not even sick."

"How so?"

"Well, Soontir and I were having breakfast this morning and Jag walked into the kitchen, albeit a bit slow, and asked for something to eat. We were almost to surprised t

24. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Oh so so sad! Master Vicky

And Why did it have to be a dream JS15?

25. Jedi Master Greg

Jedi Master Greg Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 1999
    Title: To Jania from the guy who sits behind you in Meditation
    Characters: Randon Mirk, Jania Solo
    Timeframe: During the ?Young Jedi Knights? series
    Rating: PG
    Summery: Jania Solo has a secret admirer
    Note from the Author: I don?t really expect to win or anything, but let me know how you guys like it anyway!

16 year old Jania Solo walked back to her room after several long sweaty hours of lightsaber training with her Uncle and Brother. She just wanted to sleep now. No, bath first, and than sleep.
    She smiled at the thought of a warm relaxing bath in the refresher would be just what she needed. When she got to the door she noticed a datapad hanging on it. She raised her eyebrow and took it off the door. The pad released with a tearing sound, and she realized that someone used some sticky substance to keep it there. She frowned and entered her room to sit down and read it.

Dear Jania,
    I had to write this. I couldn?t go on without telling someone, and you are the only person who could possibly understand.
    I love you Jania Solo, ever since I first laid eyes on you the day I arrived on Yavin Four. You were walking with that big Wookie friend of yours, but than stopped when you saw the transport open. You smiled and waved to me. I have never forgotten that smile. When I pass you in the halls it feels as if I am floating through space, weightless and free, where I cannot tell up from down. Haa haa, I must sound like such a fool, but I do not feel foolish. I have watched you during your lightsaber bouts, how graceful you move while dueling, how passionate you battle. I have seen no one else here fight with such balance and finesse, like a Vonskyer caring for its young.
    I have the privilege of seeing you every day, for we share some of the same classes. When you smile at me between classes I felt like my heart is going to jump out of my chest. You are my reason for waking up in the morning. The reason I say these things is not because of your title. Daughter of a war hero and the former Chief of State. I do not care about such things. When I look into your beautiful brown eyes, I do not see your father, your mother, or your uncle, I see only Jania Solo.
    You are such a caring person, I see it when you help out other students who are in trouble, without even being asked. I admire your heart for people and being all you can be in the Force. You are an expert at machines, and don't let anyone put you down for that fact. I admire you all the more for not caring what other people have to say about your hobbies. When I see you covered with grease and dirt, I feel even more drawn to you. Some people say "This is not the way a daughter of the Chief of State should act!" But they are all fools! I feel like the Force has brought you to me and me to you, I have never known anyone else like you.
    I can not live with such passion I have for you. Will you see me? Please give me your response on this datapad and leave it under the northwest most table in the cafeteria.
    With love,
    Anonymous

Jania lowered the datapad, her face a bright shade of red. Someone had a crush on her? She smiled such a large smile that her mouth could barley contain it. She began to write out her reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.