main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Love Letter Beyond the Saga anthology thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Amidala_Skywalker, Feb 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JainaSticksSolo19

JainaSticksSolo19 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 31, 2003
    Ok this is the first contest i've ever done that involues writing so hear goes. the song is Enya's and anything else you know, yeah like wes and inyri, they aren't mine. This is a song fic and its Wes/inyri
    ~*~
    When there's a shadow, You reach for the sun.
    When there is love, Then you look for the one
    And for the promises, there is the sky.
    And for the heavens are those who can fly.

Inyri-
    I know we don?t always get along and we fight a lot.
    But I also consider you one of my friends, a good friend.
    I also think I might be in love with you. I think I always have
    Been but was too afraid to say so. Anyway, Inyri I was wondering
    If you would be my date to Wedge and Iella?s Wedding, if not I understand.
    I?ll see you at the meeting in two hours. Please think about.

~Wes.

If you really want to, you can hear me say
    Only if you want to will you find a way.
    If you really want to you can seize the day.
    Only if you want to will you fly away.

Wes-
    You?re right, we don?t always get along
    And we do fight a lot but, we are friends
    and do flirt sometimes. I know I like you
    and I care for you a lot. So, I guess what
    I?m trying to say is; yes I will go with you
    To Wedge and Iella?s Wedding.

~Inyri.

Da da da da, da da da da da.
    da da da da, da da da da da,
    da da da da.

As Wes read and reread his screen, he couldn?t believe it. She had said yes. Inyri Forge had said yes. To him; to go on a date. He had to be the luckiest guy in the galaxy that she would even talk to him; let alone go on a date with him and say that she cares for him.
    ?Wow, Wes you got real lucky,? Hobbie said, as he leaned over Wes? shoulder to see what she wrote. ?I?d never thought you two would do more than flirt. Anyway, Wes we have that fitting for the groomsmen we have to go to, in about twenty minutes and you know how mad Wedge gets if were late to anything.? Hobbie?s expression looked even more sober than usual.
    ?Yeah you?re right Hobbs,? Wes started, as he got up from his chair and grabbed his jacket ?What?s wrong with you??
    ?Nothing Wes, nothing.? He said as they walked out the door.

When there's a journey, you follow a star.
    When there's an ocean, you sail from afar.
    And for the broken heart, there is the sky.
    And for tomorrow are those who can fly.

?You said yes?!? Mirax asked from where she was sitting. At the monument Iella was trying on different dresses with Leia Solo and the dress fitter. Leaving Inyri, Rhysati and Mirax to sit around waiting for their turns.
    "Well, how could I say no Mirax, I really care about him and you think I'm gonna say no? Are you mad?" Inyri replied, looking up from her datapad.
    ?Well yeah. Inyri this is Wes Janson. Come on; I really don?t want you to get hurt!? Mirax shot back. Iella came back in before Inyri could reply and told Rhysati it was her turn.
    ?Mirax, what are you talking about?? Iella asked as she sat down next to Inyri. She looked between Mirax and Inyri.
    ?Its nothing,? Inyri started, looking up from her datapad ?I got asked on a date and Mirax thinks I?m gonna let my self get hurt and I?m not. So, end of discussion?

If you really want to, you can hear me say
    Only if you want to will you find a way.
    If you really want to you can seize the day.
    Only if you want to will you fly away.

Inyri sat with Rhysati during the Wedding since nether of them were bridesmaids, but they were glad for that. The bridesmaids dresses were?just awful. That was the only word to describe them. Or maybe they just weren?t her. They were purple and fluffy, not really Inyri?s style.
    The Wedding itself was great. Nothing went wrong and everything was perfect. Iella looked great, as did Wedge. After they kissed and were pronounce husband and wife, they walked back down the aisle as Mr. and Mrs. Antilles.
    As Wes walked by Inyri, his hand brushed her arm and he smiled at her.

Da da da da, da da da da da.
    da da da da, da da da da da,
    da da da da.
    Ooh go doe bay mwa.

2. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    I nearly chickened out after reading everyone else's posts, but here we go, just because this took so much doggone work!!

This takes place after the NJO book, Conquest, and the Idiot's Array was destroyed. Enjoy!

~Rogue

Scraps of flimsy lay scattered across the room, some crumpled carelessly on the table top, others thrown halfway across the room in frustration. The pad that had spawned such cursed writing material sat in the lap of a man, scribbling upon it in deep concentration.

The man impatiently ran a hand through his grey-streaked hair, probably marking his scalp with ink from the pen in his hand. He un-propped his legs from the table, settling his feet on the floor as he reread the words he?d put down. Sighing, he ripped the sheet, crumpled it up into as small a ball as he could manage and threw it. It bounced off the wall, disappearing behind the bureau.

Talon Karrde threw the pad down on the table, trading it for the cup of caf that had been cooling for at least the last nine attempts at his project. He took a sip and made a face and rose to get a fresh cup.

He leaned against the countertop, taking a sip, and the dim lights flickered once again. Glancing upwards, he sighed. The Wild Karrde and the Etherway were both berthed in the main docking bays of the Errant Venture for repairs following the rescue of the Jedi children from Yavin. Other, more able, ships had gone their own ways, and the crew of the ill-fated Idiot?s Array had relocated to the Wild Karrde and the Starry Ice.

Ironically, that was his problem. Not that the crew of the Array had moved, but the fact that they all had nearly died in the battle. He?d nearly lost not only an experienced crew, but his second-in-command.

It?d taken him nearly seven years before he?d realized what Shada D?ukal meant to him. So, here he was, trying to write a letter to her, as much to explain it to himself as to her. Because, at heart, Talon Karrde was a coward.

So he started again, returning to the pad of flimsy, scribbling furiously to work this out. He wasn?t even sure that he had the courage to give the letter to her if he ever finished. If.

The door to his quarters rang, and he tossed the pad away in frustration. ?Who is it??

?Shada,? she said. A sudden panic he hadn?t felt since he was a child, hiding food in his room, nearly overtook him, and he ripped the flimsy from the pad, hurriedly sweeping his other efforts into the wastebasket. He stuck the basket under the table, satisfied that he?d gotten everything out of sight, and he opened the door. ?Come in.?

She walked in, as she had nearly every day since she?d come to work for him. ?Repairs are going well, although Booster keeps asking when we?re leaving.?

Karrde?s mouth twitched sardonically. ?Whenever we?re ready. Which may be in a few days or a few years.?

?You do get an inordinate amount of joy out of tormenting Booster,? she said, sitting down in his favorite chair.

?And he does the same with me. Caf??

She tipped her head back over the edge of the chair, looking at him upside down. ?Love some.?

He poured another cup of the caf, giving it a drop of sweetener, the way she liked it, before he brought it to her. She took a sip, and made a face. ?How long have you had that on??

He shrugged, taking a drink of his own, and belatedly realized that it had burned. ?I?ll start a new pot. That?s been sitting there a couple of hours.?

?You must have gotten involved in calculating how much you?re going to owe Booster for this mess,? she said.

He shook his head. ?Not really. Since we went after his grandchildren for him, he?s letting me have this one for free.?

?Booster never gives away anything for free,? she warned.

?Captain?? the intercom buzzed towards him.

Karrde sighed, reluctant to interrupt his conversation, but depressed the button anyway. ?Yes??

?Do you mind coming up here for a minute? I can?t find Shada, and one of the repair crews has a

3. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Oops. 12:04. That probably disqualified this. Ah well. I enjoyed writing it. :p

Here's a short litte ditty I came up for this. I call it Her Anakin. :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tahiri Veila, Jedi Master, surveyed those around her. Memories came back and in her mind's eye she could see the events that brought her, and everyone around her, to this place. It was a time of remberence and honoring the dead and the sacrifices they had made.

In her hand she held a letter written for her beloved. Her Anakin.

Dearest Anakin,

It's been 10 years. A decade since that fateful day on Myrkr. But at times like this, it seems as if it was only yesterday. So much has changed since then. The galaxy is not the same as it was when you left. It?s peaceful once more. Perhaps more peaceful than it has ever been. The only thing missing is you.

I?m no longer the battered and broken young woman I was when you died. I still love you, and always will, but I?ve gone on with my life. I wasn?t going to give up when I had - and continue to have - something to live for. I also know it?s what you would?ve wanted.

Your family is now my family. Forged not by blood, but by love and friendship. Jaina and Jag seperated a after the conclusion of the war, but got married 3 years later. They are the proud parents of twins, the line of double births again maintained. Jacen and Tenel Ka were married after she stepped down from the Hapan crown she?d been compelled to ascend to following the death of her mother. They now have 3 children.

And then there is me. I dated Zekk for several years. He was and is a good man, but eventually I knew it was time to break if off. I?m not against finding someone with whom to spend my life, but yet I have to wonder if I ever could. You and I, Anakin, we were on the verge of becoming more. Even so, I know I haven?t met anybody who even could know me as initimately as you did. We shared so much together and that is something that stays within me, to this very day. It?s like a fire that burns within, sad that you are gone, but thankful for the friendship and time we had together.

I teach now, both Jedi and Yuuzhan Vong alike. I am both now, and as such I can help create understanding and compassion. It isn?t always easy, but it certainly is what is right. We are all living beings and as such deserve to live in peace and with respect.

Someday I will see you again. I can feel it and look forward to the day I can see your face again. But I don?t wish for death. I trust the Force, and us, and I know the day will come when we will be together forever.

Eternally yours,
    Tahiri

Tahiri took a deep breath and walked past the memorial pyre, burning brightly on Kashyyyk. She dropped her letter in the flames, to where it could burn into the heavens. It was time to remember Anakin.

4. FreighterPilot

FreighterPilot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2003
    Title: Whisky
    Author: FreighterPilot
    Rating: PG (just guessing here)
    Summary: Han writes to Leia during his absence following Chewie?s death.
    Author?s note: Yes, I know that it?s after deadline, but after changing my mind several times, I decided to go ahead and post it anyway. Sorry it?s so short.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He set the whisky down on the end table, picked up the flimsiplast and stylus, and just sat. After a few moments of stillness, he began to write:

I love you. I need you. Especially now, but I don't I can't I don't know how.

Violently, the stylus flew across the dingy motel room as he released it in favour of the whisky again. Downing the liquid to steel himself against what he was thinking, feeling, his throat burned from more than the drink. Slowly, he retrieved the stylus, returned to the bed, and sat. Still clutching the pad, he tore off the first flimsy and began anew:

I'm in a deep, dark, hole. I need your help to get out. Problem is, every time you throw me a rope, I hang myself with it. I know I'm hurting you, but I just don't know how to grab the rope without pulling you down with me. How do I get past this? How can I get back to where I was, where we were, before before

I?ve never really given much thought to the future, you know? Whenever I see us in my mind, we look like we did after the Battle of Yavin?not in the ceremony, but in the hangar?you, me, Luke, Chewie. Inseparable. Except now the kids are in the picture, of course. They get older, but the rest of us don?t. It?s really never occurred to me that we might actually die. Look at how many times we?ve come close, but always, always, found a way to cheat the Fates. I guess I?m a coward, not a Hero of the Battle of Yavin, not the cocksure scoundrel I pretend to be, just a man afraid. Afraid of mortality, I guess. Because now I know. I know if I can lose Chewie, I can lose you, I can lose the kids, anyone, everyone. Is this why you held me at arm?s length so long? Because you already knew?

I don't really blame Anakin. I hope he knows that. I don't blame anyone but me, even though I know that's not what he'd want. I know he pledged to give his life for mine, if the need arose, but it still shouldn't have happened. I can't even bring myself to face Malla and Lumpy. I know I should, but what could I possibly say? That's part of the problem I'm having with facing you, too. After all the terrible things I've said and done lately, what could I say? How can I make you believe that I'm sorry, that I love you, that I want to be with you more than anything? How can I make things right? Can I make things right? Or will I just do more harm to our family? Help me. Please. I need you.

With a resigned sigh, Han stood, setting the flimsiplast and stylus on the table. He refilled the glass from the mostly-empty bottle, then set the glass down on the bedside table, and drank the remainder of the bottle quickly. He glanced once at the still-full glass, then turned, dressed, and left the room.

5. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Title: Goodbye

Characters: Choen Skywalker

Timeframe: AU, the Vong never came.

Rating: G

Summary: Choen writes a letter to his wife, family and friends.

Author's Notes: This takes place some years after the Broken Balance

Oh and he writes his letter poem like.

I don't expect to win, i nearly decided not to post a letter here but what does it matter. Reviews are so much better. ;) :) enjoy.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To my beloved,

Across the dunes of sand,
    to the hills of lava,
    i stand in a barren land,

from the dreams we shared,
    to the moments we had,
    we were unprepared,
    for what lay ahead,

together we fought,
    together we laughed and cried,
    together we went through the fire,

changed we have,
    in more ways then one,
    we have changed,

parting is bittersweet,
    as our paths part,
    never to connect again,

my destiny awaits me,
    over beyond the horizon,
    and never to return.

Don?t despair my love,
    holder of my heart,
    for even one in the Force,
    i will be with you,
    always and forever.

Your love gives me strength,
    as I walk into the darkness,
    to the face of evil,

i will be strong like Master Yoda,
    Master Qui-Gon, Master Obi-Wan,
    like all of the Jedi of old,

i will face my destiny like my grandfather faced his,
    along with my aunt, uncle, and cousins,
    and my mother and father.

You are dear to me,
    my treasure,
    my darling wife,

i regret that I will not see our child born,
    i pray that the Force be merciful,
    to let our child live.

With all my love,
    Your faithful husband.

To my precious (soon to be born) son,

I pray to the Force that you are alive and well,
    although I can?t be with you and your mother physically,
    i will always be here watching you in the Force,

i trust my father is teaching you well,
    you will make a fine Jedi someday,
    this I know and believe.

Bear no ill feelings toward me,
    for leaving you and your mother alone,
    i went to fight an evil that threatened the galaxy,
    so that you may live in a galaxy of peace,

remember the lessons taught to you,
    use them for the good of the galaxy,

With love,
    Your loving father.

My Angel,

When you feel he is ready,
    read to him my letter,

this will be a hard time for you I know,
    my heart aches that I?m leaving you like this,
    yet I know that in time the pain will lessen.

Yours forever,
    Your loving,
    caring husband.

To my mother and father,

Once again we will be apart,
    this time forever till death,

though the time we had together was short,
    i can truly say that I am proud to be your son,

through thick and thin we have survived,
    through many perils that lay in wait,
    the Skywalker?s have stood strong,

now the time has come again,
    to bring to the galaxy a new age of peace,
    it is my destiny to bring it about,
    i will not fail.

Do not attempt to follow,
    you?ll only bring danger upon yourselves,
    take care of my wife and child,
    keep them safe.

Love,
    Your son.

To my cousins and mentors,

I thank you for undertaking the journey with me,
    we went through so much together,
    without you I may not have stood a chance,

yes I am powerful in the Force,
    however that does not mean I don?t have flaws,
    thank you for your advice, helping hands, and friendship,

you comforted me when times were bad,
    you aided me when I was weak after battle,
    you encouraged me and gave me strength to go on,
    together we trained ourselves in the way of the Force,
    we became a team, an unstoppable team.

Now our paths will part,
    my journey is nearing to an end,
    however your journey is far from ending,
    continue your journey my friends,

Love,
    From your cousin and friend.

Zekk,

You have done so much for me,
    for everyone,
    thank you for beginning my training,
    i owe you so much,
    thank you for being my friend,

Forever your friend.

Last but not least,

6. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Title: Three Little Words
    Timeframe: 3 years post-NJO
    Characters: Tenel Ka, Jacen Solo
    Notes: I know that -Tenel-Ka- already did a J/TK one but I had this completed before I read hers so if it?s too close I?m sorry. [face_blush]

Being Queen Mother was a full-time thing, but the plus of it was that you could order people to do things and they had to obey. Tenel Ka was luxuriating in the peace that she felt while being alone in the beautiful gardens that surrounded the palace. The gardens were a comfort to her throughout her life, they seemed to be the only thing that could calm her nerves; save for one person: Jacen Solo. The past two weeks had been hectic, like usual, but they had been extra hectic because of one person, Jacen.

He had showed up unannounced and had made Tenel?s life spontaneous, like she had not too long ago wanted. When she had thought he died, her life became a blur with everything happening at once; Jacen ?died?, her mother was killed, she took the crown, Jacen came back, the war ended, and here she was, caught up in the spiral of life.

For the longest time she had thought she loved Jacen and when he had been thought dead, she had let him go. When he came back it had seemed surreal, he was there, she could reach out a hand and touch him, but at the same time she couldn?t. She?d felt like she had stopped loving him the day that he had ?died? and in a way, she had. But here he was again, sticking around for no apparent reason, throwing her feelings into a black hole, making her question whether she really had let him go, or if it was just what she had been telling herself as much to make the pain go away.

She was turning 24 today and as the Queen Mother of the Hapes Consortium she was forced to choose a husband at this young age. If she didn?t choose, then she would be forced to marry someone she had hated her entire life; Areek Dontalenni. He was her second cousin and at times, she wondered if he was really related to her all too kind aunt. He was a conniving, rude, and misled young man whom her grandmother had chosen for her.

Ta? Chume knew that Tenel hated him and had chosen him only to make Tenel face the hardest decision of her life sooner. She would either have to marry him or a man as old as, or possibly even older than her father.

?Your Highness!? a handmaiden called, pulling her out of her contemplation.

Pulling herself up into the regal pose she knew all too well, Tenel turned to greet her head handmaiden, Ellimarie. ?Yes?? she asked, letting her tone leak some annoyance with the disturbance.

Bowing, her handmaiden began, ?I know you told us not to disturb you but I have something for you that could not wait.?

Her curiosity getting the better of her, the young queen let her regal stance disappear and turned to greet her loyal friend properly. ?Elli, what could possibly be so important that you had to disturb the only time I had to decide upon my fiancée??

Ellimarie seemed undeterred by her majesty?s harsh words and said, ?You told us to treat Jedi Knight Solo like a noble, so I come to thee by bid of him.? Pausing, the handmaiden reached in her robes and emerged with an envelope. ?He told me to give this to you immediately and that all you need to know from him is in that letter.?

Tenel accepted the letter and pressed it against her heart while taking a deep breath. ?Did you inform him of the ceremony taking place tonight??

Tipping her head, she responded, ?I did, Majesty, and he said he must respectfully decline.?

Knowing full well that her handmaiden had informed him of the importance of the festivities tonight, Tenel was not surprised he had declined her invitation. Trying not to show her disappointment, she turned away from her handmaiden while saying, ?If I?m not already in my room, you may retrieve me at 1600.? Sensing her friend?s understanding, Tenel began a deliberate trek through the rose garden and fingered the letter, that no doubt was telling of his soon departure.

Seeing a bench, she p

7. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    Hey guys! I must say, there are some really excellent pieces here, quite awesome! Here's my addition, I was listening to music (you can tell which song) And inspiration hit, so.. Anyway this is quite far into the future. Padmé Solo Fel (she didn't change her name when she wed) was born to Jaina and Jag during the Vong war, when they were quite young, and they never married. Jade, her little sister, arrived much later, when Jaina finally settled down with a guy names Zev Callis. That's just to help for those who might read this and have never read my other stories with these characters :p

A heart full of love
    A night full of you
    The words are old
    But always true.
    Oh, God, for shame
    You did not even know my name!
    Dear Mad'moiselle
    I was lost in your spell.
    A heart full of love
    No fear no regret
    `My name is Marius Pontmercy'
    Cosette, Cosette!
    I saw you waiting and I knew.
    Waiting for you
    At your feet
    At your call
    And it wasn't a dream
    Not a dream after all..

Les Misérables, by Claude Michel Schonberg and Alain Boubil, lyrics by Herbert Kreitzmer

Padmé Solo Fel stepped out of her ship and heard her little sister call

?Ada!?

?Hi Squirt.?

She had honestly expected, when Jade was small, that she would grow out of those silly nicknames. But here they were, at thirty seven and twenty one.. Well, it was nice to know that there were some things that didn?t change.

?It?s good to see you, I?m glad you could come.?

?Wouldn?t miss it.?

Jade gave her an appraising glance.

?You look good. Motherhood still is treating you well.?

Padmé laughed.

?Oh, you just wait. You?ll see ?

Then Jade was hugging her tightly.

When they pulled apart, Padmé held Jade at arm?s length resting her hands lightly on her sister?s
    shoulders, and looked into her dark eyes that were so much like their mother?s.

Then again she amended, a lot more does change..

Gone was the little girl who?d followed her around everywhere. The teenager so focused on learning to be a Jedi and a pilot, like her mother, and like the uncle she never knew. Now, in her place, a self assured adult, who had succeeded in making that mark, and was looking toward what there was yet to do. Who had, most surprisingly, found love, and now was very nearly a parent herself, with all its attendant beauty, beauty particular to a woman in the final stage of pregnancy.

?You look very well, too.? Padmé said, through a lump in her throat.

?I look like a Start Destroyer. But thanks.?

The two half sisters linked arms, and their heads, one blond and one dark, touched as they walked form the hangar bay. Finn, Jade?s husband, waited outside for them, the hovercar ready.

?Hello, Padmé. Thank you for coming.?

?It?s not a problem.?

There was a week to go before the baby was to be born, and Padmé would stay with her sister until then, and until a week later, to help out. Finn wasn?t able to get out of the final negotiations for an important treaty, though he was certain to be free of that before the birth. Jade and Padmé?s mother was in the Hapes cluster, since the situation there had been rather volatile, a resurgence of separatist dissenters who could get quite violent, and Jaina had been worried about her brother. Still, she hadn?t wanted to leave Jade alone. Padmé was sure that her mom would be back as soon as possible, bring with her Uncle Jacen and his family So she had told Jaina to go. That she would look after Jade, if that was needed.

?We greatly appreciate it.? Finn said now.

?It?s no trouble, really.?

His grey eyes regarded her warmly and he smiled in response. Jade glared playfully, Padmé knew she was grateful for the help, but hated being fussed over. Padmé had as well, before her kids were born.
    Her mind drifted back two and a half years at a diplomatic conference, when Jade had met him, the stir it caused in her family when she?d eloped with him six months later.
    Padmé understood. Sometimes, you just know. I did. Of course, Joel and I were a

8. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Everyone's vignettes look great! Good luck with the challange.

Anyways, here's my attempt, titled, Homecoming. It's between Soontir and Syal Fel, taking place a couple years before the start of the Yuuzhan Vong war.

For those who may not be familiar with the family, Syal Fel is Wedge Antilles' sister. Syal and Soontir had five kids, two of which died: Davin and Cherith. This vignette was written after Cherith's death.

Enjoy!

*~*~*
    My Dear Soontir,

I write this letter to you praying that you will see the truth behind it and come home. The children miss you. I miss you.

Wynssa missed you at her Life Day party. The girl has grown so fast. It feels like just yesterday that I was holding her in my arms, marveling at the beauty you and I had created together.

While I know she enjoyed her celebration with her friends, she refuses to celebrate it with the family until you get home. You?ve never missed a Life Day celebration before, and I fear that your refusing to come back from the post you have in Kalbun has hurt her. She claims that she does not care, but underneath her tough façade, I know she does.

Jag?s spending his time mooning over some girl before he goes back to the Academy. A little birdie- your daughter- has informed me that he is composing bad poetry to her. Reminds me of another man I know.

The children?s grades have arrived. Both Jag and Wynssa did very well in their exams at the Academy- both in the top ten percent of their respective classes. Unfortunately, all this accomplished for Kyrn was an even deeper longing to go off to the Academy. He feels left out at having to stay home with his Mum while his older siblings get to enjoy the Academy. Two years will never pass soon enough for that boy.

Enough with my rambling. I truly must get to the reason I started writing this letter in the first place. I?ll admit that when I initiated our twice weekly correspondence, I did so hoping that I would find the courage to address a topic that is still painful for me.

Our children?s deaths.

I know you blame yourself for both Cherith and Davin?s deaths, but how could you have saved them when they were kilometers above the base, and you were on the ground with no method of transportation to reach the skies?

After Davin?s death, you withdrew a little from our children, from me. That hurt Soontir. But we were all doing it, and perhaps you were just slower than the rest of us in your journey to healing. Cherith?s death just as we were beginning to come to terms with the loss of our oldest child was hard for all of us, but I know that it was hardest for you.

We raised all of our children to be honorable, to be the best people they could ever be. In fulfillment of what they felt was right, both Davin and Cherith fell on the battlefield so that others could grow up strong as they had, so others could know a life of freedom.

You blame yourself for the deaths of two of our children, but it was their choice, their sacrifice to make. To try to lay the blame solely on your shoulders is to dishonor their memory, to tarnish what they fought- and died- for.

You love your children. Love them for all eternity by honoring their memory, by understanding why they died when they died, why they made the decisions they made.

Please, Soontir, I?m begging you. Come home.

Your ever loving wife, Syal

Soontir sat at the desk, staring at the datapad as if it had bitten him. He had left the home he had created with Syal and had fled for the obscure post of Kalbun. How else is a man supposed to react when not one, but two of his children had died under his command? He knew his actions were cowardly, and worse yet, hurtful to the ones he loved, but the pain from his children?s deathswas stronger than anything that would have made him stay.

Staring at the datapad, the words ?I?m begging you? in Syal?s flowing script captured his mind as no other words could have. Syal had begged him for something only once before- when she had pleaded with him to leave the

9. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Awesome entries. ;) Here's mine, since Gabri wanted L/M. ;)

Unbeta'ed. :p 979 words. :)

*~*~*
    Dear Irritating
    ~*~*~

Dear, irritating and frustrating Skywalker,

I hope you?re happy. I?m writing you a love letter, just like you said. I keep my word, when it doesn?t endanger my life. (And sometimes even then.) Be aware, however, that I will get my revenge for this. Of all the things you could have chosen, you had to choose this ? and that is your fault. (So is my losing, since you had to argue with me in the first place.) When I said whoever wins the bet gets to choose what the loser does, I didn?t think you would be so cruel as to make me write a love letter. You didn?t say to who, by the way, and I was so tempted to write one to Han. I?d love to see you explaining that one.

I didn?t appreciate your laughter when you won our bet, either. I mean, I suppose it might have been inevitable for me to lose one of these bets, but you didn?t have to gloat, just because I gloated. I thought that you, the great Jedi Master, would be above such things. By the way, I tested our little bet again ? a lightsaber does sometimes work in gelatin. Just not always. So you only half won.

As such, this letter is going to be short.

Let?s see. Where to begin? Computer, pause.

[break]

I didn?t ask to fall in love with you. I didn?t look at you and think, ?That would be a good guy to love, to marry.? I didn?t think of your potential as a mate. Quite frankly, during the first few years I didn?t think of you as a man at all ? just an enemy turned friend. Or maybe I was the enemy turned friend . . . No matter. I suppose I just didn?t view you in that way.

I can?t name any specific point where that changed. I don?t think there was one. When I started to think of you ? romantically, it seemed like a perfectly natural and obvious thing to do. Even so, I didn?t act on it ? sometimes I felt the desire to do so, I admit, but I didn?t see you often, and it was easy enough to control and suppress. I didn?t ask to fall in love with you, remember. The entire thing was unexpected and confusing.

When you found me on that blasted planet with the Hand of Thawn, I was so angry and embarrassed. Of all people, it had to be you. You ran off in the middle of a galactic crisis for me ? and then it turns out my captors were trying to save my life. Even worse, you sensed what I was feeling. I knew then . . . I knew then that we were too close.

Computer, pause.

[break]

I never told you that when I gave the word to wake me from my trance state, I wanted you to say it first. I sometimes wonder, still, if you knew that. While our minds had been joined so intimately, I know that while I understand you and knew you completely in that moment, that connection was too much to take in, too much to remember and memorize. So I wondered if you knew that even then, some of my old fears were still carried within me. They no longer controlled me, don?t mistake that ? but they were still there. But you said it. I wasn?t awake, of course, before you said it, but I know you didn?t hesitate . . . maybe you paused, because of ? everything, but I know you didn?t hesitate.

I love you.

Oh, computer, pause ?

[break]

I still don?t say it often. I know that ? and I know that you know it. You aren?t bothered, though. I sense that. Have I ever thanked you for that? You always try to understand, Luke. It?s not enough to know something, you have to understand it ? I think it?s that understanding that makes you the person you are. You frustrate me and you fascinate me.

I see qualities in you that I?m glad I don?t have, and ones that I wish I had. But more than anything, I see that those good qualities outweigh the bad, and even then . . . those good things are so much a part of you, they affect even those bad traits. Like all that trust that gets you into trouble.

Yeah, I know this isn?t very love-letter like, but I told you that you were only getting half of one, so deal with it. Tho

10. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Aww, that was cute obaona.

I loved this line: Addendum ? I?m still kicking your butt for this, Skywalker. Hehe, so Mara. :p

11. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I read through all of these just for my own amusement, and thought they all were great..

but it wasn't until that last one..with Mara and (a lightsaber in gelatin!) that I just had to reply..

LOLOLOL

that is a very Mara like love letter...

12. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    lol, the L/M one was great!

A. Windsor

13. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Whew! I almost didn't get this finished! This is my addition to the challenge. I WAS going to do my usual thing, which is of course write a story about Anakin and Tahiri. However I decided this year to try something quite different, and, after thinking about it for a while, I began to wonder what sort of letter a Yuuzhan Vong would write. I went back to Conquest, one of my favourite books, and reread the scenes where Vua Rapuung talked about Mezhan Kwaad - and here is my effort. I hope you don't think it's too odd! ;)

In case you haven't read Conquest, Vua Rapuung and Mezhan Kwaad had had a love affair, but because they belonged to different castes, their love was forbidden. They prayed to the lover gods - Yun-Txiin and Yun-Q'aah to give them dispensation, but of course this didn't happen.

Mezhan Kwaad,

It is silent here in the warriors' grashal and the damp of morning lies heavy in the air. I breathe out and watch the curls of steam stretch into sinuous fingers - like yours, my dextrous love. Alone in this compartment where I sit with stylus and parchment in hand, I can still sense your fragrance, your flavour, and it fills me with a yearning that only lovers may know. The pain is glorious - searing through me like rabid hunger, then consuming me whole like a vangaak. Thus tortured, I cannot rest, I cannot eat, and I think of you constantly.

Last night, after we parted, I couldn't get you out of my thoughts. It's as if you haunt me, temptress of Domain Kwaad, as if you have seeded something in my brain to drive me to this insanity. Then in the crazed grip of my insomnia I knew I had to record these my feelings for you. Dangerous, yes - but what is life without the imminent reality of death. I managed to procure writing implements (the usual method) and started to work, but surprisingly - to me anyway, having no experience in the art of the scribe - the words rolled from my mouth down the i'fii quill as easily as my blood flowed into its bladder.

Easy is not the way of the warrior, least of all my way. Easy breeds indolence, lacissitude - and I would rather you run me through now with your shaper's finger-spears and bleed me dry, than watch me descend into the degradation, the deplorable ignominy of such weakness. I cast the stylus aside and went to find a healing skin to seal the slit I had cut on the back of my hand.

Then I remembered the art of the poet, the hours spent in the crèche as a child wrestling with the many poetic forms as I tried to force my words to behave according to the rules of rhyme. I remembered the sweat, the punishment when I failed, even the feeling of failure itself - the frustration driving my nerves to the edge and making me insane with jealousy for those who succeeded. Such torment! And yet torment unlike any other, except the torment of this love.

And so I started this poem. I struggled with it, fought with it all night. The agony of squeezing my feelings into this rigid shape, of forcing them to expand and contract, to scan, to rhyme according to the rules of the form I chose was excruciating. And I selected the most challenging - the ancient lyric rima of Domain Qah.

I am now exhausted - but it is complete. However, I will not rest until I have your response.

So read carefully, my cruel one. Step lightly though the stanzas in case you crush my heart with your heel.

I await the next darkness - and the fury of your embrace.

Savage love, no poet's skill have I.
    A warrior from the crèche, my art
    lies not in symbols. And yet I see
    that my tradition is not so far apart,
    my stylus - my couffe. My parchment -
    the flesh of my foe, where time again
    I wrote my sacrifice of blood and pain.

Dangerous love, my partner in crime,
    my passion for you unsummoned, callow,
    shy at first, a tender seed that grew bold
    and now begs to bloom, yet must in shadow
    remain. Discovery a double risk for both
    this poem, our love. Begging dispensation,
    the gods of love reward us with tem

14. Rogue_of-Peace

Rogue_of-Peace Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Very nicely done Tahi. Also extremely weird. :p

15. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I hope I got this up in time. I'm usually pretty good at coming in under the wire when it comes to deadlines :p

Title: A Document of Pseudo-Amorous Intentions
    Summary: A New Republic Intelligence agent, in a moment of downtime during a mission, scripts a silly love letter to annoy a fellow agent.
    Timeframe: Just after ROTJ
    Characters: OCs ? Dolor Valere, Lieutenant Page, Gaelle
    Rating: PG (well, there's a mention of coital embraces ;) )
    Genre: Humorous comedy, with a touch of romance

Gaelle ?

I know you hate me, which is why I'm going to annoy you again. Plus, I'm bored, and Page won't stop waxing poetic about the latest developments in ground tactics, or how the Intelligence branch is run by a bunch of obtuse freaks. Ah, Gaelle, if only you were here to defend our line of work! The sting of your insults, the ice of your gaze ? you could have defeated Palpatine himself! Or at the very least, you could persuade Major Avin to step down as the leader of the seminars on diversity and teamwork. Come on, Gaelle, I know you hate those as much as the rest of us ? I saw you doodling on a piece of flimsy last time! You can't hide the truth from me! You won't get away with?

"What's that?"

Dolor didn't look up from his datapad. "I'm pestering Gaelle, long-distance," he said with a grin.

"Again?" Page wasn't actually surprised, but he did wonder how Dolor always managed to send his letter to Gaelle whenever she was on a separate mission.

"What did you expect? We're just sitting here like wallowing Hutts. I have to keep myself occupied somehow."

"What's in this one?"

"I'm making it a love letter."

"Oh, no."

"What? It'll be funny."

Page shook his dark-haired head. "As long as I don't get caught in the crossfire. Tell her I said hi."

"Sure thing."

?it, I tell you! I will expose you for the fraud you truly are, one who possesses no attention span whatsoever! Muahahahahahaha!!!

But ah, Gaelle, could I really do such a thing to you? Could I condemn you to such a fate as KP, or whatever the Intelligence equivalent is? Of course not! You might ask, why? What could drive Dolor Valere to defend the honor of a woman he has sworn to irritate till death do them part? The answer, Gaelle, is quite simple. Yes, it's true, my heart beats for you like fists against a punching bag. You spark a fire in my soul like Page's commandos setting off explosives. Oh my Gaelle, I cannot bear this gulf between us, so many stars and lightyears and hours in hyperspace!

Page says hi, by the way.

Angels will weep, Gaelle, when we show the galaxy how two people truly make love! We will set the heavens ablaze with our passion! And we will do so on a day when no one can collect on the pool that's been running for some time.

Thinking better of it, Dolor erased the last sentence. Gaelle had no idea about the pool, not being one to listen to gossip. Dolor himself had heard about it only just before this current mission, and he still hadn't decided whether he was flattered or mortified. Years ago, he'd had his share of people whispering about him and thus didn't want to deal with that again. Yet at the same time, he did find it really funny that everyone thought there was something between Gaelle and him.

Oh, snappish dragon lady, you are the sweetener in my caf, the detonator to my charge, the focusing crystal in my lightsaber, the hyperdrive on my ship, the?

"You're terrible," Page said, having risen to read over Dolor's shoulder.

"I know," Dolor laughed. "Hey, help me out. What else can I put here?"

"I'm not getting involved, remember?"

"Why not? Come on, it's not as fun without you. I need you on my side, pal."

"Your side? I always feel like I'm the mediator." Page returned to his seat and fiddled with some wires from a broken dimetris circuitry board.

"So that's why I barely won the last round. Traitor."

"Dolor, I'm serious. Don't make it a love letter."

"Hey, she's

16. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Er, thanks Rogue - I think. :D

At least I managed to avoid multiple body piercings in funny places. ;)

17. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    Wow, What a lot of lovely throat-tightening stories. Nicely leavened by some amusing ones (loved the supposed to be irritating love letter - that looks like it's gonna backfire on him...) I was very impressed by the Vong piece by Tahi - it seemed to me to capture an alien culture very intriguingly. The judges are gonna have a hard time with this lot. My thanks to all who bravely posted their work. I have enjoyed them all. And a thank you to GreatOne for the kind inquiry. It will indeed eventually turn up in a longer form on the boards some day.

KD

18. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Wow, Tahi. :eek: That was weird and disturbing, but I still read it twice. ;)

JadeSolo - I loved it! I want a sequel. ;) You made such engaging characters and such an interesting situation. :p Wonderful job. ;)

Thanks to everyone who liked my entry. :p :D

19. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Thanks, KD and Oba. I thought it might be fun to go out on a limb - not sure if I fell off or not. ;)

What an amazing variety of styles and ideas! Well done everyone - there's no way I'd want to be a judge. Too much of a good thing. :D Seriously - the creativity here never ceases to impress me. :)

20. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
    :eek: I thought it might be fun to go out on a limb - not sure if I fell off or not.

You definitly kept your balance on this one, Tahi. :) I never would of thought to write a love letter to a Yuuzhan Vong. They just seem so abstract. Sometimes I think the emotion of love is beyond them. It must have been dificult to write.

I enjoyed the lyrics to the poem. Very fitting and though disturbing you can tell Vua put his whole heart(or whatever they have) into it.

I think this: Dangerous love, my partner in crime,
    my passion for you unsummoned, callow,
    shy at first, a tender seed that grew bold
    and now begs to bloom, yet must in shadow

and this are my favorite verses.: Forbidden love, is this our lot? Secret
    assignations praying the gods will smile,
    agony of deceit rising like sap, driving us
    to sweet despair. Desire, no longer docile,
    awaits its season, cares not for reason,
    but craves your touch - your absence an ache,
    an overwhelming thirst that naught can slake.

It just seemed to sum up Vua's feelings. But I have a feeling if he ever wrote such a poem that Mezzhan would have dismissed it. As we can see from Conquest.

I enjoyed this, different though it is. :)

21. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Thanks, Destiny. :) I've only just started writing poetry again, and I usually write free verse, so the rhyme was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I don't know how you do it as you make it look so easy - can I borrow your Muse? :)

Wow! I've just caught up on the story-letters on page 2 and reread some of the others! Incredible! Loved Tenel-Ka's and Rogue's, laughed heaps at LadyPadme's, and KD - I agree - you must write the follow-up. Thrawn McEwok - what a cool idea to write one for Ysanne Isard and Thrawn. Actually I loved them all - however it's late and my memory isn't working very well. All I know is that I was really blown away by each story. It was really nice to see a story set in the YJK era, too. :)

Bria - yours was great. That was SO Tahiri-like. And I giggled at and got a little lump from the Mara one, Oba. :) That one from the NR agent was highly original - good to have several OC ones here. They were all so good. :) Much better value than the books. :D

22. angel_gidget

angel_gidget Jedi Master star 1

Apr 16, 2004
    Just thought I'd mention that I liked the Jacen/Tahiri one at the beginning, all of the Jacen/Tenel Ka ones, the Han/Leia one, and the I'm-still-kicking-your-butt-for-this-skywalker Mara/Luke one.

23. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Darth Lex ? The moments of sadness?the knowing in Anakin?s letter?transposed against the smiles made it feel so real. I loved the realization of the memories and the duel meaning of ?Take her, Jacen.?

JainaJag00 ? I enjoyed this light, breezy story. It was fun to follow Jag around through his duties and to get inside his head. Too bad he didn?t get to the good stuff.

Laine Snowtrekker ? What a way to say ?I love you?. It was good that Xander could be given those letters.

Tkeira_Lea ? Simply beautiful. I loved how the intermingling of her thoughts, fading into the Force and the letter that became real.

Eowyn Jade ? The sweetness and understanding of a very young Ben nicely capped off what started out to an emotionally tense story. I love how Luke?s writing showed his uncertainty and deep feelings for Mara.

SpikeLeadJF ? It was cute how he scratched out his opening a time or two before going on with the letter. Very nice.

DarthIshtar ? To go from the teasing, heartbreaking memory to the letter so many years later was so sad. It was heart felt and very real.

-Tenel-Ka- ? That was a very unique letter watching Jacen change and grow older through a series of snippets. It said so much more than just a simple declaration of love. The ending was just wonderful.

Jags_Scoundrel ? Very poignant! I loved how she laid down on the letter first. Not the usual way to find a declaration of love. And Donoro was worried. Well done.

Thrawn McEwok ? I liked how the letter showed just how much their relationship had changed since their first meeting. It was good that she could look back with affection. Good job.

Daena ? There was so much longing and sadness in this letter. There is also hope, that no matter what happens?no matter how the galaxy conspires to keep them apart?that he will always find her. Lovely, in a heartbreaking sort of way.

LadyPadme ? A love letter only a droid could love. Poor Han! That was funny and sweet. I never saw him as the mushy, romantic type, but this was good.

Knight Dilettante ? Where?s the rest of it? Seeing Han and Leia run out in search of the authors of the phantom letters that floated through the databanks was really wonderful.

Rogue_of_Peace ? So much happiness turned so sad. Too bad that Tenel Ka?s letter could do little to salve Jacen?s wounded spirit. Very sad.

Jaina_Solo_15 ? Oh, that was an evil twist! I was all settled into a happy little story leading lovers to a reunion only to have it turned upside down with panic and the cold, hard realization that it had all been a dream. Good job!

Master Vicky ? It is sad how often it takes a tragedy to bring two people together. At least Jaina got the letter in time to spend the last few hours with him.

Jedi Master Greg ? A very interesting letter from a secret admirer. I wonder who it might be?

JainaSticksSolo19 ? The back and fourth between Inryi and Wes in the letter and then their reactions when confronted by friends were just wonderful.

Rogue11lovesjag ? I really enjoyed this. It was quite amusing how Karrde?s discarded attempts found such joy in a nosy Shada. I loved how she was going to carry the trash bin off to continue her reading but was stopped.

Bria ? It was very touching how Tahiri gave her letter to the fire, an excellent image to go along with her message of release.

FreighterPilot ? That was heartbreaking. All of those emotions?held in for so long?slipping through a few spilled words. You could really feel Han?s grief. I wonder if he ever sent the letter.

Jacen200015 ? Wow. That was so sad, all of those goodbyes spoken in a lovely, velvety prose. Bravo.

Jaina_and_Jag ? What a terrible way to have to choose between the wants of the heart and what is best. When Tenel Ka stumbled in her announcement to that moment of knowing the moment she saw Jacen was simply wonderful.

Kathryn ? While I am unfa

24. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Kicking this up to say:

Congratulations, fellow winners! :)

25. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Congrats to the fellow winners as well! I see Jade is already sporting that lovely chartreuse~ ;)

A wonderful job by everyone -- the entries were incredible as are the writers! And the judges too! Thank you!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.