main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Love Me Two Times - Horror/Adventure/Romance completed 7/19/07! Thanks for all the votes! A/N

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BrentusofGath, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    Tahi posted: No! Aria!

Yup. ;)

Is there any chance that Tak is her dad? [gulp]

Absolutely, positively, no. Everyone seems to have forgotten about Val. ;) He was her real father. Two Sith for parents.

Great action scene with the drama and then the humour with dear old Canderous. I enjoy the balance you achieve in your writing.

*bows* Thank you.

What weapon has Alana used on Aria? It sounds terrible.

Hehe, I'll give you a clue: it happened when Val had Aria back in like Chapter 5 or so, on Taris and he told her he had a surprise for her. The surprise outlived Val, but not Servis. [face_devil]

Noelie posted: Where is Palpatine? I think we need to get these two together.. are you sure there isn't a time machine for that?

[face_skull] I don't think the galaxy could survive both of them working together. At least, as long as Palpy thought she was useful. ;)

Lea-El posted: Apparently Alana's door swings all kinds of ways.

LOL!

You wouldn't do a father daughter thing, would you, that's just wrong!

I'm hurt Lea-el. :( You really think I could do something like that? I assure you all, Val is Aria's father.

You aren't going to kill off Aria are you?

No, she's definitely in the next story. :)

DaenaBenjen42 posted: Hmmm... you know, for a minute there, I thought he was saying Pheremone gas.

I was worried about someone thinking that, lol.

LilyHobbitJedi posted: Sorry it took so long.

[:D] No problem. Welcome back.

I continue to love Tak and his witty retorts when his life is on the line.

Yeah, he's an idiot, isn't he. :p

Oh no, poor Aria!! How utterly sad!

I know. [face_skull]

Jade_Max posted: 1 - Aria, Tak and Jalak

LOL! They do make a great threesome don't they? [face_mischief] Well, not in that way.

2 - Canderous

He's a thrill to write because he has such a great character in the games and I try to carry that over without changing it, which is more difficult than it seems.

3 - Aria

You're sure, aren't you? [face_skull]

I love the plot twists; they're just priceless!

Well get ready for lots more in the next story. And I do mean lots.

Glad to have you back too.

Jedi-Ant posted: Dust to dust.. Sorry, couldn't resist!

You little psychic you.

Um.. quick question.. who hasn't Tak been intimate with - be honest..

Lots. Um, there's... [face_thinking] ... and then there's... [face_thinking] ... and I can't forget about... [face_thinking] ... :confused: ... Atris! There you go, there's one! :p

I take it that's a no..

I would say that's a fair guess.

I like it that they don't - it's awesome!

You'd think by now, after 200 years as a Jedi Master he'd command some respect, but noooo, not even from Ant. :Þ

Cander's a better match for Servis than I thought!! He's just so damn cool it's not funny.

Oh yeah, a Mando is a good match for any normal Jedi. Canderous is an exceptional Mando, so he's close to a match for any extraordinary Jedi or Sith.

She tumbles like Palpatine? Did they go to the same Sith school for performing arts?

LOL! He learned it from her.

I don't like surprises when they come from Sith.

Aw, c'mon, it's Christmas with the Sith!

w00t! [face_dancing] Cander pwned her!

LMAO!! Not exactly, but a good effort.

I love him!

LOL! I know. ;)

Where's Han Solo when you need him?

LOL! He didn't do much better.

I totally did not see that one coming! Oh, how awful! But brilliantly crafted!

*bows*

No wonder she turned so dark before

Yup, two Sith for parents are hard to turn away from. Or so I hear.

Tak all the way, baby! =P~ He's hawt!

LOL!

They don't stand a chance now.

O:) *grab your harps, Jedi Council*

Yuul_Shamar posted: Alana aria's mother.... with

2. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    Chapter 21: Dust to Dust...

Tak was drawn off guard by a tremor in his senses, followed by an agonized scream behind him. He turned to watch Aria sink to her knees, clutching her stomach. He was immediately torn by his urge to run to her aid or continue fighting.

Fighting? This uncomfortable thought came to him in an instant. I don't even like fighting.

Servis took the opportunity to push Jalak against the wall and make a run for it.

Tak ran a few steps after her, but Aria's lifeforce was fading quickly. To say nothing of the hundreds of Jedi about to die in the Room of a Thousand Fountains. He cussed under his breath and came to rest on one knee beside his padawan. Gently, he placed a trembling hand inside her robes and onto her bare, creamy smooth abdomen.

Jalak approached quickly after shaking off the effects of his head meeting the wall. "You've got things in hand, I'm going after Servis."

"Wait!" Tak cautioned. "She's too advanced for you alone. Let her go."

"Like Hell," Jalak answered. "Don't worry, boss, I'll get her."

Before he could object more strenuously, Jalak was gone. Tak looked anxiously at Raalchaar who had just arrived on the scene. "It might be time to cash in that life debt." He didn't like death, and he certainly didn't want to have to ask this Wookie to willingly go to her death, but the tugging of the Force gave him no other choice.

Raalchaar roared her desire to see Jalak safe, and charged off after them.

~*~*~*~

Jalak caught up with Darth Servis in the main hangar of the Temple, just before she got into a starfighter. The sweeping panorama created by the cityscape gave him a brief pause. The pale autumn sun shone warmly under the lip of the hangar, casting long shadows, causing the metallic skins of ships to sparkle like a sea of diamonds on a river of stars.

He immediately regretted his decision to pursue; everything, every sight, every smell was pronounced in his mind, as if these were the last sensations he would feel. The Force ebbed and broke, crushing him with a choking wave of fear.

"Decided to die after all?" Servis's voice was hollow, yet malevolent and almost passed right through him with a shudder.

His gold blade caught the amber rays of the dying sun, forming a single shimmering entity of chorused light and beauty. He shivered silently as the Sith leapt at him in a blur of ebony and crimson.

Block. Slash. Parry. The blazing speed of her attack was amazing; if he had not been fighting for his very life, he might have applauded.

She tossed his saber from his grip and simultaneously kicked him in the chest.

He saw her shake her head as she approached, glistening death in her grasp. "I thought you'd be more of a challenge," she hissed.

"Sorry to disappoint."

She raised her blade, but something caught her attention. A shot rang out and she quickly brought the saber to her face, deflecting the blast. A disgruntled roar filled the depthless hangar, but Jalak didn't bother to look; he knew who it was.

He used the opportunity to somersault back and away, calling his weapon to him in the process. He caught a glimpse of Raalchaar charging toward the Sith, a Wookie warblade clenched in her hand.

"No!" he yelled and advanced quickly, trying to stop the outcome he sensed.

He lashed out high, Servis blocked. Momentum swung her blade back around, catching the Wookie's weapon with her hand. Electricity surged along the blade, knocking Raalchaar backwards.

Jalak fought like he'd never fought before, for the first time letting the Force fully take hold of his senses. He heard every whine and squeal of the blades as they collided as a new and distinct sound; he experienced everything as through the eyes of a child, new and wondrous.

Every move he made was easily countered. Each fluid motion brought his enemy a little more momentum and a nanosecond closer to surpassing his rhythm with her offensive moves; she was just too quick for him, even while in such unity with the Force.

Another block. His arms felt like t

3. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    First reply. Heh heh :D

(Referring to your previous reply BTW - yes, now you remind me I DO remember the backstory about Aria's dad. :) Was having a blonde, or possible senile, moment.)

Poor Aria, and poor Tak. It must be awful for a Jedi to have to feel all that pain from injured and dying friends.

He immediately regretted his decision to pursue; everything, every sight, every smell was pronounced in his mind, as if these were the last sensations he would feel. The Force ebbed and broke, crushing him with a choking wave of fear.
    Resist the fear, Jalak, or use it to your advantage!!! Gah - that sense of foreboding is worrying me.

His gold blade caught the amber rays of the dying sun, forming a single shimmering entity of chorused light and beauty. He shivered silently as the Sith leapt at him in a blur of ebony and crimson.
    Beautiful image - the contrast of the steadfast amber light standing form against the frenzied red and black is perfect. :)

He saw her shake her head as she approached, glistening death in her grasp.
    Another great image - making death seem like the prize, the glittering trophy.

Oh no - just when I thought Jalak stood a chance! Killed by his own friend! Gah. It seems like they just don't stand a chance.

A single proton grenade sidled swiftly up the exhaust shaft just after liftoff. Servis screeched a dying curse as her ship ripped apart into a billion glowing pieces, falling from the lip of the hangar bay to the empty street below.
    Yes! Woohoo! [jumps up and down cheering] Good old Canderous - he avenged the Matriarch. The build-up was super - the way you described him understanding the need for patience, and to wait until the right moment. Astral. =D=

He closed his eyes and focused on the living Force swarming around the young lady. Tears in organs sealed themselves, blood returned to veins and a bubble of comforting warmth bathed her torso.

Tak noticed her breathing, steady and no longer labored. Though she was now unconscious, all the pain was gone and there was an iridescent aura about her. He knelt closely and kissed her cheek gently.

Thank goodness for the healing power of the Force. :) I like the idea of the aura surrounding her - kind of a symbol of protection and also goodness.

"Unless I miss my guess," Tak reported, "you're going to have your chance at Servis. Just be careful."
    I guess he doesn't realise Servis has been blown up? I hope that's not going to be a major mistake on his part.

The tension is palpable. Terrific chapter. =D=

4. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Poor Jalak and Raalchaar so mean of Servis to kill him by his friends hand.

I can't wait to see how you get Tak out of this new mess.

5. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    YAY MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

6. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    You killed the Wookie and Jalak! And here I thought you liked the guy Jalak was based on :Þ But having the wookie kill Jalak and Servis get away unscratched? Ouch - talk about insult to injury!

That was an awesome death scene - no guts, no glory: no fear of killing off OCs. ;)

Canderous was perfect, like normal. I adore how you write the big bad Mandalorian. It's just so perfect, so... him. The super soldiers on speed *grin* And he got his revenge, which is even better :D

Tak wanting to save everyone was sweet, but even he has to know sometimes you have to choose one way or another.

It should be interesting to see how you end this - and I sense the end is near...

7. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Well with Tak and Aria out of commission, so to speak, how is this ever going to end well?

what is Canderous going to be able to do about the Sith? I surely hope something!

8. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Too much "going black." "Going black" is bad, and they all seem to be doing it! Stop "going black" people! Stay conscious, for crying out loud!

9. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Chapter 21: Dust to Dust...

And I swear I didn?t peek at this title.. honest!

He was immediately torn by his urge to run to her aid or continue fighting.

As cold as it is to say this, he should continue fighting. Never let your emotions get in the way of a good fight, I say.

Jalak approached quickly after shaking off the effects of his head meeting the wall. "You've got things in hand, I'm going after Servis."

"Wait!" Tak cautioned. "She's too advanced for you alone. Let her go."

"Like Hell," Jalak answered. "Don't worry, boss, I'll get her."

Oh no.. [face_worried] Is Jalak gonna die?

~*~*~*~

Yep, he?s gonna die. [face_plain]

At least he had a beautiful last image. :D Lovely descriptions!

He saw her shake her head as she approached, glistening death in her grasp. "I thought you'd be more of a challenge," she hissed.

"Sorry to disappoint."

:p

Jalak?s got a smart mouth, too. These Jedi are so cool!

Servis flipped over her and sliced the faithful Wookie in half. Jalak clenched the warblade in his stomach and sunk slowly to his knees. Sorrow filled his body as weakness overtook him. Falling to the ground, he saw Raalchaar's severed torso hit the floor. It was all so final... so, finite.

He heard Servis grunt with glee and saw her walk toward her ship. And then Jalak Tessle saw no more.

:_| :_|

Oh? wow? That was AMAZING! The whole duel ? everything ? was just superb!! =D=

This really is an excellent ?fic, Brentus! [face_love]

~*~*~*~

And then he saw Servis merrily trotting toward her ship.

LOL! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh, just the ?merrily trotting? thing really got to me ? it?s so hilarious! I can just imagine her skipping towards the ship, humming the Imperial March as she went. :p

When she moved again, he breathed once more. An itchy finger slid in ghostly silence toward the trigger. A bead of sweat trickled and danced down his face, impacting on the shoulder of his battle armor.

Fabulous descriptions, again! =D=

And I know you want the Sith to win and all, but I?m rooting for Cander here. ;)

This was about to get loud.

Awesome! :cool:

A single proton grenade sidled swiftly up the exhaust shaft just after liftoff. Servis screeched a dying curse as her ship ripped apart into a billion glowing pieces, falling from the lip of the hangar bay to the empty street below.

A fitting end. =D=

And can I tell you just how wonderful it is that Canderous got to be the one to kill the witch? :D

~*~*~*~

"I'm planning on saving everyone," he said with gritted determination between his teeth. "It seems someone implanted a small explosive device in you. I suspect I know who."

"My... father," her voice was distant.

:_|

Oh, how awful! I guess she?s not going to choose her parents? side in all this then?

He heaved once more and the locking mechanism finally broke, smashing the vent into his stomach, forcing the breath from his lungs. His head snapped back and cracked into the metallic wall, and all went black.

:eek:

Tak? Tak!?!

Oh, I do hope he?s ok! [face_praying]

Another fabulous chapter, Brentus! :D You really write some amazing battle scenes and duels!

Ant. ]-}

10. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    Tahi posted: Was having a blonde, or possible senile, moment.

Nah, I understand the way things run here it's hard to remember all the details of a story.

Resist the fear, Jalak, or use it to your advantage!!!

He tried. [face_skull]

Oh no - just when I thought Jalak stood a chance! Killed by his own friend!

Yeah, so tragic. [face_devil]

Yes! Woohoo! [jumps up and down cheering]

LOL! I'm glad you got a kick out of that.

I guess he doesn't realise Servis has been blown up? I hope that's not going to be a major mistake on his part.

Sorry, confusion moment there. For a palpable reason, I wanted the sections to be arranged that why, but, I was afraid there'd be confusion on that point. The time was slightly skewed, in that when Tak saw Canderous, he was going toward the hangar to kill Darth Servis, a little postshadowing if you will, lol. If I hadn't had the cliffie reason for ordering it that way, I would have put the Canderous/Servis part last.

Sorry for the confusion.

Lea-El posted: Poor Jalak and Raalchaar so mean of Servis to kill him by his friends hand.

Nobody said being a Sith was 'nice'. [face_mischief]

Yuul_Shamar posted: YAY MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL! Your singular exhuberance for my story makes me happy. I'm glad you like it so much.

Jade_Max posted: And here I thought you liked the guy Jalak was based on :Þ

That's what made it so dramatic. ;)

But having the wookie kill Jalak and Servis get away unscratched? Ouch - talk about insult to injury!

Tak warned him not to go.

That was an awesome death scene - no guts, no glory: no fear of killing off OCs.

I consider all the characters in one of my stories to be expendable. [face_devil]

And he got his revenge, which is even better

Did you ever doubt the big lug?

Tak wanting to save everyone was sweet, but even he has to know sometimes you have to choose one way or another.

Exactly. That's why he didn't go after Jalak, or else the rest of the Jedi would have died.

Noelie posted: Well with Tak and Aria out of commission, so to speak, how is this ever going to end well?

Whoever said anything about it ending 'well'?

Jaira posted: Stop "going black" people! Stay conscious, for crying out loud!

LOL! They're trying. Honestly.

Jedi-Ant posted: As cold as it is to say this, he should continue fighting.

But you just knew he couldn't resist those blue eyes of Aria's. ;)

Jalak's got a smart mouth, too. These Jedi are so cool!

You mean he had a smart mouth. [face_skull]

The whole duel - everything - was just superb!!

Thankee. *bows*

I can just imagine her skipping towards the ship, humming the Imperial March as she went.

LOL! Her pigtails and Catholic schoolgirl outfit swaying in the breeze as she sucks on one of those big, round lollipops, lol.

And I know you want the Sith to win and all, but I'm rooting for Cander here.

I wouldn't want it any other way.

And can I tell you just how wonderful it is that Canderous got to be the one to kill the witch?

I'm sure you're on Cander overload right about now. :p

I guess she's not going to choose her parents' side in all this then?

Why would you say that? [face_devil]

Tak? Tak!?!

Oh, I do hope he's ok!

Hehe. I'm sure he's too stupid to die and miss out on all the fun in the future. :p

Alas, poor Yorrick... I knew him Horatio! A fellow of infinite jest... [face_thinking]

:oops:

Oh, sorry. I meant, alas, there's only one more chapter to go. Usually I tease you with a tidbit or two about the upcoming chapter, but this time it is a closely guarded secret, so you'll just have to wait...

Until tomorrow.
    :p

Thank you to any and everyone who nominated this story for so many catagories! :eek:

11. Ulic_Starwalker

Ulic_Starwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2006
    Loved the update! :D =D=

12. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    Thanks again!

A/N: Sadly, this is the end - for now. In about a month the sequel will begin. :)

There is an Ultimate at the very end of this chapter. If anyone would like it, either let me know in your post, or pm me.

Chapter 22: ...And All was Grey

Tak awoke with a strange sensation like he was falling toward a tornado. He shook his head, and finally a blur of sound began to make sense; it sounded like Aria.

"Master! Be careful! You're very close to the main ventilation fan for the Temple! It will kill you!" Suddenly her voice turned more frantic. "[i]Master![/i]"

He groggily looked toward the sound of her voice, but soon realized his gaze was blocked by something other than the myriad of flashing lights dancing across his field of vision. A large hunk of durasteel was winging its way on swift wings toward him.

Looking the other way, Tak's perception finally awakened his aching brain to where he was. A gigantic fan churned in a bonecrunching chorus of sharp, dangerous metal.

He noticed, before panic nearly overwhelmed him, that his robe caught on a protruding coupling in the ventilation shaft, but it was tearing and wouldn't hold for much longer. The force of the intake fan was intense, tugging at him like a rancor trying to pull his legs off.

His Jedi reflexes definitely came in handy sometimes. Now that he was fully conscious of his surroundings, it was an easy matter to dodge the enormous scrap of debris. He leapt from edge to edge until his arms met those of the object of his love and desire.

"The Jedi?" he asked expectantly.

"They're safe," she whispered in his ear. "But Jalak and Raalchaar..." her voice ran down with sadness.

"Yes, I felt it," he said softly. "I also sense your mother didn't make it out of the hangar."

"I know." She seemed hesitant to continue, but did so without prompting. "I'm not sure how I should feel about that. She did try to kill you, and me."

"Don't forget your father," Tak interrupted. "He's the one who planted the device."

"Stellar." She stuck her tongue out at him.

"How do you think you should feel about it?" he asked her gently.

She thought for a time, and allowed the Force to swallow her anger and frustrations. "I wish she had made better choices... but I don't wish she was dead. She is- was, my mother, after all."

Tak smiled and kissed her cheek. "I'm glad you feel that way. Come, I suspect we'll have lots of explaining to do for the Council. They're always last to know anything."

He rolled his eyes and she cracked up with laughter.

~*~*~*~

"I sense you're very pleased with yourself," Master Atris admonished Tak in the Council chamber. "You have done a service for the Jedi this day, but do not let it go to your head. There is still the matter of your final disposition within the Order. You may not like your next position very much."

Aria looked from the Council to her love. For the first time, his visage was different: commanding, resentful, almost ruthless as he spoke, interrupting another master who was about to speak.

"Excuse me, most [i]exalted[/i] masters," he ground his front teeth together when he spoke. "There are those who gave their lives to see this terror end. Those who came close to losing it all, I believe they need to be addressed. My own Padawan-"

"The sacrifices of your [i]friends[/i] are duly noted," Atris spat the words at him like offal. "The fact remains: you disobeyed the Council in engaging in your... activities. This brazen behavior must be atoned for."

Aria wanted to speak up, but for the first time, her master beat her to it.

"'Brazen behavior'!?" Tak shook the walls with his voice. "How [i]dare[/i] you sit on your high horse and condemn all those fellow Jedi to the horrors of Destrius. The Force does not dictate the necessity to act, just so you can debate and meditate and claim you're all 'oh-so-righteous' for not letting your emotions get the better of you. You watch and you wait for a sign from th

13. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Tak and Aria quit the Jedi - so that's why we don't see them in KOTOR ;) I can't say I blame them though, Tak chewing out the council was something that needed to be done.

[face_laugh][face_laugh]that is the most original proposal I've ever heard [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Starship Intrepid? *thinks Trek reference* [face_laugh]

Anger is as pure an emotion as love or compassion; it doesn't lead anywhere. It is the person who experiences it who twists it for their own evil purposes.

That is about the truest statement I've heard/read by anyone about anger. I agree completely, by the way; it's a very awesome line!

Awesome ending, just awesome - and I'd like that PM chapter if you please - I am over 18 afterall ;)

Edit: Ha! *pounces* First Post! [face_dancing]

14. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Ultimate? Ulti...mate??

[face_thinking] That's not one of those PMs that make you blush is it?[face_blush]

If it won't make me blush...I want to read it.

I loved the ending Tak and Aria walking into the sunset with the birds singing. I have visions of lots of little Jedi babies roaming the plains of Kurdt swinging tiny little lightsabers.

I look forward to their next adventure... ah ...the one with the droid.

Do you know how unusual it is for a guy to get nominated as a best romance writer?

15. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I missed Chapter 21?!? Sorry!

Moment I liked: Tak and Aria there at the end when he was healing her. (AWWWW!!!!)

Chapter 22

I wonder if the council realizes what they?re losing by letting those two leave? (They?re the last to know anything, huh? I believe it.) Loved the call-back to the droid from the earlier story. And? yay! They?re together!

Well done and loved the story. :)

16. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    I suppose that the Jedi didn't have classes in romance and proposals, so I figure Tak did as well as any man could expect under the circumstances.

Good end. I can't wait for the next part of the Tak/Aria adventures!

17. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    YAY another awesome chapter!!!!!!! but, alas the last for the moment :(

and as i am rapidly growing fond of these OCs (probaly started by chapter 4) ill go ahead and take pm ultimate thingie

P.S. ur now in my top 3 star wars authors list :)=D= =D= =D= =D= which so far has only been the officially published author stuff, but i really do love this story and your wrighting style! :)

18. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    SQUEE!! I can't believe this is over! :(

My review will follow later. :) Congrats on the noms, too. :D You deserve em all, buddy!

19. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Oh wow - what a sublime chapter. :) So satisfying.

For a palpable reason, I wanted the sections to be arranged that why, but, I was afraid there'd be confusion on that point. The time was slightly skewed, in that when Tak saw Canderous, he was going toward the hangar to kill Darth Servis, a little postshadowing if you will, lol. If I hadn't had the cliffie reason for ordering it that way, I would have put the Canderous/Servis part last.
    Ah - that makes sense. And good ploy to rearrange it to get the cliffie.

That bit where Tak almost gets cut to shreds by the fan is cool. :)
    The force of the intake fan was intense, tugging at him like a rancor trying to pull his legs off.
    That metaphor was particularly vivid.

She thought for a time, and allowed the Force to swallow her anger and frustrations. "I wish she had made better choices... but I don't wish she was dead. She is- was, my mother, after all."
    Aria has come such a long way hasn't she? Tak has made a big difference in her life.

Atris is such an anal old fart! Boy, with Jedi like him around no wonder the order collapsed in on itself.

With that, he reached for his lightsaber, ignited it and struck it into the large stone which stood in the center of the Council chambers.

Atris stood, wide eyed. "Are you aware of what this means? You are voluntarily leaving the Order, becoming an Outcast of your own volition."

"It's up to you, Aria," Tak whispered in her ear, ignoring Atris.

Aria never hesitated. She ignited her saber and stuck it into the stone under her Master's. Without a word, they both turned and left the chamber to the collective silence of the gathered.

Yay! [cheers excitedly] That scene was GREAT. :) What a gesture - very Arthurian.

"Not exactly," he replied. He sighed before continuing, watching the mountains in the distance as if lost in thought. "We are now Grey Jedi. We must follow the path the Jedi were meant to follow but refuse to because of tradition and their own emotional hangups. When violence is called for, urged by the Force, we will strike, not hide behind false notions of anger leading to the Dark Side. Anger is as pure an emotion as love or compassion; it doesn't lead anywhere. It is the person who experiences it who twists it for their own evil purposes.
    You know it does my heart good to see you spell grey the correct English way. ;) [dodges tomatoes]

Seriously - I loved this bit. It says what needs to be said about the Jedi hangup about love and marriage, a shortsightedness that cost them in more ways than one. That's why I like the Corellian Jedi because they are more normal.

Nice that Hssster thanked them for saving him, Some of the Jedi aren't whacked in the head obviously. LOL

Tak took the small crystal from his pocket and he and Aria looked at it somberly. "His body escaped. The soul inside is not my former padawan."
    A spooky thought. The soul-body interchange reminded me of the B'omarr Monks on Tatooine. Always liked that idea.

I loved the marriage proposal. Trust Tak to manage to injure himself! That man!

"The Jedi have lost their way, and I pray they will find it again, though dark, dense clouds cluster about them."

"The Sith, you mean," she said softly, dreaming about what was to come in their lives together.

"The Sith," he nodded as he spoke, "and also a danger which has been brewing for two hundred years."

She sensed it. Something unresolved from his past. "Do you mean the droid Canderous was talking about? What's the deal with a droid made to look like a Mandalorian?"

"Not just a simple droid," Tak told her. He sighed again wearily. "I have a story to tell you about a droid I met two hundred years ago and the chaos he caused. And then I must reconcile the fact that there may be far more of them moving about the galaxy in total anonimity. I fear we must face this alone, for the Jedi still have their hands full with their Civil War and Darth Malak.

Fantastic ending leaving those questions

20. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Woohoo!! They're hitched! Woohoo! They're gray Jedi! Woohoo!!! They finally stopped passing out!

21. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Looking the other way, Tak's perception finally awakened his aching brain to where he was. A gigantic fan churned in a bonecrunching chorus of sharp, dangerous metal.

Gah! What a place to wake up in!! :eek:

He noticed, before panic nearly overwhelmed him, that his robe caught on a protruding coupling in the ventilation shaft, but it was tearing and wouldn't hold for much longer. The force of the intake fan was intense, tugging at him like a rancor trying to pull his legs off.

[face_worried]

He leapt from edge to edge until his arms met those of the object of his love and desire.

Aww.. [face_love] Tak and Aria back together again..

I?m proud of Aria. :) She?s come a long way in this fic.

~*~*~*~

"The sacrifices of your friends are duly noted," Atris spat the words at him like offal. "The fact remains: you disobeyed the Council in engaging in your... activities. This brazen behavior must be atoned for."

:eek:

Tak and Aria just saved their lives, and this is how they treat them!?

:mad:

Sounds like they may have deserved to die..

"'Brazen behavior'!?" Tak shook the walls with his voice. "How dare you sit on your high horse and condemn all those fellow Jedi to the horrors of Destrius. The Force does not dictate the necessity to act, just so you can debate and meditate and claim you're all 'oh-so-righteous' for not letting your emotions get the better of you. You watch and you wait for a sign from the Force to get off your tired asses when signs abound all around you! You all exhibit the classic symptoms of denial."

=D=

Give it to ?em, Tak! :D

Aria never hesitated. She ignited her saber and stuck it into the stone under her Master's. Without a word, they both turned and left the chamber to the collective silence of the gathered.

Ah.. so they?ve both left the order now.

But where will they go next? [face_thinking]

~*~*~*~

"I guess you got what you wanted after all," Tak said nonchalantly to Canderous as they walked through the Temple.

"It was honor that was finally satisfied, not me," the gruff warrior retorted. "If it had been up to me, she would have suffered more."

SQUEE!! Cander!! [face_love]

I?m with him, too. It would have been much more enjoyable for him to have made the Sith witch suffer more ;)

"I hear you got kicked out of the Order for this little escapade," the Mandalorian remarked after a time. "Shame. They need more gutsy Jedi like you to beat the Sith."

Hear, hear! =D=

"Let's get you married," he said out of the blue as they loaded a few items into a small bag.

Yay! [face_dancing]

[n]"Huh?" she replied, intrigued.

"Well, that's the natural course of action... considering our feelings." [/b]

LOL! Smooth! :p

She giggled and drew her finger across his face and bent down to kiss him passionately. "Of course I will marry you, silly. You didn't have to make a joke for this wonderful moment."

"What joke?" he asked through gritted teeth.

LOL! [face_laugh] Not such a joke after all!!

But I?m so glad they?re getting married! They get their happily ever after, after all! :D

~*~*~*~

"Here," he said simply, handing her a Jedi robe. Their own brown accoutrements were confiscated before they left the Temple and appropriate civilian clothes were now upon their backs.

This robe, however, was different. It was grey.

Grey, huh? [face_thinking] Hmmm?

She sensed it. Something unresolved from his past. "Do you mean the droid Canderous was talking about? What's the deal with a droid made to look like a Mandalorian?"

Sounds sort of like a scary version of General Grievous.. [face_worried]

"But, in the meantime, my wife, we s

22. Ulic_Starwalker

Ulic_Starwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2006
    Good ending to a good story! :D Bravo! =D= =D= =D=

"Not just a simple droid," Tak told her. He sighed again wearily. "I have a story to tell you about a droid I met two hundred years ago and the chaos he caused. And then I must reconcile the fact that there may be far more of them moving about the galaxy in total anonimity. I fear we must face this alone, for the Jedi still have their hands full with their Civil War and Darth Malak.

Awesome bit! :)

23. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    Jade_Max posted: Tak chewing out the council was something that needed to be done.

Hear hear! I'm glad someone thinks so. :Þ

that is the most original proposal I've ever heard

I'm glad you thought so. I aim's to please.

I agree completely, by the way; it's a very awesome line!

Thank you. :)

Lea-El posted: I loved the ending Tak and Aria walking into the sunset with the birds singing.

Thank you. :) I'm glad you enjoyed the whole story.

DaenaBenjen42 posted: Well done and loved the story.

Thanks muchly. :)

Noelie posted: I can't wait for the next part of the Tak/Aria adventures!

Well, there's a problem. Thanks for reading.

Yuul_Shamar posted: P.S. ur now in my top 3 star wars authors list

Wow! Cool, thanks for the praise.

Tahi posted: That metaphor was particularly vivid.

Hehe, I just love a juicy metaphor. :p

Aria has come such a long way hasn't she?

Yup, but she still has a ways to go.

Yay! [cheers excitedly] That scene was GREAT.

LOL! Thanks!

You know it does my heart good to see you spell grey the correct English way.

Hehe, I always spell it that way, much to the annoyance of Americans. :Þ

I loved the marriage proposal. Trust Tak to manage to injure himself! That man!

LOL! I'm glad you found that entertaining. ;)

It's always good to read work by someone who has a distinctive style, and yours is very lyrical, and the imagery you use makes the story come alive.

[face_blush] Aw, you're going to give me hives from embarrassment. :p

Jaira posted: Woohoo!!! They finally stopped passing out!

LOL! Yeah, that's always a plus. :p

Jedi-Ant posted: Aww.. [face_love] Tak and Aria back together again.

Yeah, ain't they the cutest?

I'm proud of Aria.

Me too.

Tak and Aria just saved their lives, and this is how they treat them!?

The Council has probably always been quite thick headed. :p

Give it to 'em, Tak!

He may live to regret that, though they may too. *grin*

Ah.. so they've both left the order now.

It was about time to get a change of scenery. :Þ

I'm with him, too. It would have been much more enjoyable for him to have made the Sith witch suffer more

[face_devil] It would have been fun, but it might have backfired. Better to get it over with - have we learned nothing from all those Bond villains talking too much? LOL!

They get their happily ever after, after all!

Not necessarily. There is the next adventure, after all. [face_skull]

Sounds sort of like a scary version of General Grievous..

Not that Grievous wasn't scary or anything. :p And Grievous was organic, just encased in a droid, these are the opposite, droids made to look real.

I have a feeling they'll be training all night..

You're familiar with that kind of training, eh? ;)

Thanks for reading and enjoying!

Ulic_Starwalker posted: Good ending to a good story!

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! :)

Sorry about this reply taking so long. Some of you know I've not been feeling well lately.

There are two problems with the next story: one is that I haven't been feeling well and need to get better first, and the second is that there's a subplot that I need to take out because I'm working on an original piece that is similar to the subplot, so I need to take out some stuff and restructure other bits. So I don't know how long the delay will be, but I hope to have such a great audience whenever I get to posting it. :)

Thanks everyone for your support and special thanks for all the votes for Best Alternate Universe and Best Action for this story and for all the kind voters who selected me Best Author! That is so awesome and I really appreciate it.

24. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I've finally caught up and finished reading your amazing story! I absolutely love how Tak and Aria finally got to be together![face_love] Great ending! =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.