main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Love Never Dies(Phantom of the Opera Sequel)]Christine, Christine (One-shot, angst) 2/14/2012

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by mrjop2, Feb 13, 2012.

1. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Title: Christine, Christine
    Author: mrjop2
    Genre: Angst
    Summary: A quick scene that takes place after the musical Love Never Dies.
    Disclaimer: This story is not meant to infringe on any existing copyright laws. This story is merely for entertainment purpose only.

Christine... Christine!

The name would forever haunt his mind. It was like the sound of beautiful, untold melody that was destined for greatness, but now, it had been tainted with guilt, despair, and regret. He had made his fair share of mistakes; he was willing to admit that, now. Having lived in the darkness for all his life, morals were a very hard concept for him to grasp. All he ever wanted was to be with her, someone who could give him just a taste of happiness and light. She was his... Angel of Music! Fate, had once again cursed him; that was his lot in life.

Christine... Christine!

?Please, stop! STOP IT!? Her voice continued to ring in his ears. His heart had been ripped from his chest, and there was no end to his torment and pain. He looked up at the portrait of his beloved, Christine. Looking upon the face of his angel made it difficult to breathe. She had only just begun to open her eyes to the beauty underneath. Marked as a monster in Paris, things were supposed to end differently in Coney Island.

His elaborate charade had finally earned his rewards... Christine?s heart. She sang his song superbly, and in doing so, realized that they were destined to be together. That wretched husband of hers, who stole her away from her in Paris, had poisoned her against him. Now, he was sorry that he hadn?t killed him back is lair, underneath the Opera house. He gave Christine an ultimatum: spend the rest of her life with him, singing his music for the entire world to enjoy, or watch her love die. Either way, she would?ve been his, and would still be alive. Instead, he softened his heart of stone, and sacrificed his desires to allow her find happiness.

Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime
    Say the word and I will follow you
    Share each day with me each night, each morning...

For ten years, he had watched as Vicount took their love for granted, and wasted her talents because he was a lousy drunk. He gambled away a fortune, and kept Christine from reaching her full potential. The pain was too much to bare, and he decided that he had to formulate a plan to win her heart again. Devil takes the hindmost. In the end, he was willing to repent for his sins, but it was too late; her heart was his.

Christine... Christine!

He ripped off the mask off of his face. ?For the love of god, is there no mercy even for a monster like me? ?He could not get the image of holding his beloved angel was dying in her arms. Shot by her best friend, who allowed the beast of jealousy to overwhelm her. Perhaps, he was wrong to ignore Meg?s talents, but she had could not understand that his heart belonged to Christine, not her.

Now, that she was gone, Gustave was all he had left to share with the world. He could still remember how he discovered the truth that the boy was his son. His talents were like his own. He embraced the beauty beneath the darkness. There was no hiding the truth from him, no matter how hard Christine had tried.

Now that she was stolen from them, life seemed empty . Being around the boy would torment him to no end. That was why he allowed Vicount take him. As much as he loved the boy with all his heart, Gustave did not deserve the kind of life that he could give him. What would the world think of him being the son of the ?Phantom?? He was cursed to be alone in the darkness, but his son... he would be his final gift to the world. Perhaps as he grew up, he would teach him everything he knew about music. Perhaps one day, he would be the superstar that his mother was always meant to be.

Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime
    Say the word and I will follow you
    Share each day with me each night, each morning...

Christine... Christine!

?Noooo!? He wailed, crushing hi

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, the mess that is Love Never Dies. I have so many conflicting opinions and feelings on that, but I will leave that out of my review here. :p

One thing is for certain - you have certainly captured Erik's rage and despair. And, over all, his love for Christine. Very good job pouring on the angst. :p

=D=

~MJ @};-

3. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Love Never Dies does revoke that conflict of opinions. I actually liked it for the most part, though it wasn't nearly as good as the original. At first, I didn't know if I liked Christine ending up with the Phantom, but in the end I accepted it. A few of the songs were really great though.