main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO love story or action movie?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Stl_Imperial, Apr 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stl_Imperial

Stl_Imperial Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2002
    Hi Everyone,

Just the other night I had a conversation with someone at my work. The conversation was based on if AOTC was a love movie with lots of action or an action movie with some love within. I immediately thought that it was an action movie with love. He countered with the idea that the movie extended past the relationship of anakin and padme. When I asked him to explain he pointed out that within the movie most of the scenes were based on love. Of course you have Anakin and Padme from beginning to end. But you also have the love of father/son with obi and anakin. Anakin constantly displays he wish to grow up and be let free in a rebellious way while Obi does his best to make sure that he grows up following the right path. You also have the revenge anakin enforced on the tuskin raiders out of rage and pain for the death of his mother. The love Yoda has for all the jedi and ones in training...again the love of a parent/offspring. So after he said this it started me thinking. So I wanted to ask everyone here what they might think. I know this might be an old topic but it has been on my mind all night. So...is it a love movie or an action movie? :) I am also just curious what everyone might think.

Ok...now that is said I have some news for all the gamers out there. Just so you know this week's newspaper has an advertisement from Toys R's Us. They have NFL 2K3 and NBA 2K3 for $10 a piece. This price applies to all the consoles (PS2, GC, and Xbox). I hope some of you might find this worthwhile.

2. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    It's neither. It's a Sci-Fi movie which is allowed to have both love and action in it and not be labeled either.

However, I think it tends more towards action since (taken without all the other movies) many of the Anakin/Padme bladly acted love scenes could be dropped and the story still make sense.

3. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    i am defiantely gonna say love. that is one of the reasons i dont like it that much. now it does have action, i will admit, but it is mostly love. i wish it was more like the originals, all comedy or action, less comedy and more strategy in every scene. now that might be confusing but it goes like this: mostly action, then strategy, then comedy. but i like the old ones better so that might be why i am saying bad things about episodes 1 and 2 :)

4. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    I'd call it a love story with enough action to keep the guys interested :p

5. Hott_princess13

Hott_princess13 Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2003
    id say that its more of a love story but if it was just that the guys would be asleep so thats why it needed action, so the guys wouldnt fall asleep.(still its more of a love story)

6. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    I don't even call it scifi. It's fantasy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.