main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Love the website and pics: looks like alot of fun

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by palpiscloneofdarth, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. palpiscloneofdarth

palpiscloneofdarth Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2003
    Love the website and really love the pics. Looks like alot of fun.If anyone that is a member sees this can you tell me a bit about you and stuff.

What is a normal meeting like. Do I need to bring anything?

Do you need an Emperor? I think I can pull that off, with a little help.

see you all at the meeting.

Andrew

2. Jedi-Nitess

Jedi-Nitess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2002
    Hey Andrew, I'm Katie. I would be the one in the Zam outfit you see in the pictures. That costume will be movie accurate by the time I'm done with it. In fact I just got an accurate gun last weekend done by a very talented guy over at zam-wesell.com . Basically the whole costume is being redone. It's a lot of work (and a lot of money) but there's a great group of people working on it.

I'm a member of the Rebel Legion and the 501st and will hopefully be doing more with those groups soon.

Right now I'm not sure what I actually want to do with my life, I graduated from college with a BA in art - concentrations in drawing and ceramics. But I'm having a great time learning about costuming and expanding my sewing skills. In fact I have a ton of costumes I'll be working on in the future. The cloth just keeps piling up. :D

We'd be happy to help you with a costume if you'd like, just let us know when you wanna start. We're hoping to have some costumed events coming up in the near future so it would be great to get more people with costumes.

As far as the meetings go, you don't really need to bring anything, just yourself. We've been doing a Collector's Corner and most weeks there's a theme, so you're more than welcome to bring something to that.

Hope to see you soon!

~ Katie

3. palpiscloneofdarth

May 4, 2003
    Katie Good to hear from you, your Zam costume is extremely impressive. You look great in it and look just like her. Zam is my favorite woman/changeling from # 2, just ask anyone who knows me. I can?t wait to meet up with you and the rest. I could tell who you were 1st out of everyone, because of icon and stuff. I would love and need help making the Palps costume. I have little material art talent, but am creative and can play music really well. Dressing up is nothing new to me as I have been in a black metal band. On my first show I had a long cape on and black and white face paint. (You can see what I look like kind of on The End web site). It was sweet. People were like what?s up with this kid. I will be back in Rochester on may/6/2003 so anytime after that I am game to start. The only thing I have to do this summer is work as a lifeguard a few times a week so I will have $ (chaching) and time.

Andrew

4. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    Hey, I'm Nicky and I'll be 17 on May 17 (*does happy dance*). Anyways, I have 2 fairly complete costumes right now - a sith w/ black cape and random black clothes and the (LoTR) Galadriel mirror dress (a version of it anyways) that looks pretty good. :D I really need to redo the Sith one since it's not really "accurate" or anything, though I'm not really looking to have a specific character's costume. I've been wanting to make a lightsaber prop for a while now, as well.

Anyways, as you can tell from my age, I'm still in high school (currently a junior) and I'm also not old enough to join the Rebel Legion or the 501st. :p There's nothing else really about me, except that I do Track and other running related sports, that I'm considering majoring in Computer Science, and that I have no life and thus post on here a lot (*cough*see profile/post count/registration date*cough*). :p

btw, it's good that you're comfortable dressing up, since we're probably going to be doing lots of stuff that involves costumes. :p ;)

EDIT: Almost forgot teh manual sig. :p

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Peace Out!

5. palpiscloneofdarth

May 4, 2003
    Hi its nice to meet you. Cant wait to do some dressing up as it has been some time now. I am looking forward to meeting every one at the next meeting. See you then. Got any ideas on how to make or modify/add to or change things house hold things for a Jango Fett costume besides helmet/boots/blasters?

Andrew

6. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Hey, I am Jeff B. AKA STAR WARS FREAK. I am 27, 28 in July. My Fandom is more then casual. Its 24 7. At one time I was wearing Star Wars shirts everyday. Everything was Star Wars when I lived at home. I like to celebrate SW whenever possible. I am really into collecting. As much as my Paycheck allows after bills. These days its not so much. I have been a member of this Rochester Star Wars club in its various forms since 1996. To me local involvement with other fans is what Fandom is all about. I am a SCI Fi and fantasy Fan in general. I also consider my self a SW Freak cause I really did like the Ewoks, Jar Jar, and thought that Ep.1 the Phantom Menace was really really good. As good as the Trilogy movies. I feel that Lucas is doing a terrific job with it all. Besides Star Wars I am a big time Asian Fantasy Fan. Ever since I was 4 I have loved DaiKaiju, which is Japanese Giant Monster Movies like Godzilla and Gamera. In the past few years I have become a fan of other Stuff From Japan like Anime and other Live action stuff besides Godzilla. I also Collect Bandai Godzilla and Gundam Toys. I also like cats, Early 80s new wave music, Punk and alternative music some techno rave stuff.

7. palpiscloneofdarth

May 4, 2003
    Hi sounds cool. Nice to meet you. I got to move back home now. Hope to see you soon.

Andrew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.