main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Love Thy Enemy--A ROTJ AU---Thank you to all my readers

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ThePariah, Feb 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Take all the risks you want, you're doing great.

It was a great Anakin scene. The guy certainly has improved. He's not the same cocky kid he was. I guess Vader has helped him in that regard.

2. Jedi_of_Imladris

Jedi_of_Imladris Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2004
    Just de-lurking to say that this is absolutely wonderful!! Though very sad and angsty, I have enjoyed it so far. Those last lines from Anakin about letting Leia strike him down made his situation seem more depressing and real. I hope Luke will be okay, if I am correct in assuming that this is a more advanced case of what we saw in Truce at Bakura, then I hope he'll be recovered soon. I look forward to more wonderful posts!

3. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003

Wow! Great post! ;)

4. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Jeditheskyisblue: *looks at checklist* Yep. ;)

RebelMom: Take all the risks you want, you're doing great.

Don't tempt me, or I might go into Evil Overdrive... [face_mischief] But thank you. [face_blush]

It was a great Anakin scene. The guy certainly has improved. He's not the same cocky kid he was. I guess Vader has helped him in that regard.

You know what, that's an excellent point, and I guess I subconsciously implied that without realizing it. :eek: But it really does work. It reminds me of a discussion somewhere on the Lit boards concerning Anakin as Vader and how he actually is more the embodiment of a Jedi Knight in his Sith period simply because of his finally exercising control over his emotions and resorting to logic and reason rather than unbridled passion. Though it also robs him of the better feelings he used to have...namely love.

Jedi of Imladris: I greet a fellow lurker! :D I do it all the time. :p Thank you very much. And I always found it hard to swallow that all Luke needed to get over Palpy's snap-crackle-n-popping in TaB was an extra nap and some fondling by 2-1B. [face_laugh]

LaYa: Thanks! :D

5. Katla

Katla Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 13, 2004
    An update!! *is insanely happy* :D

I think you captured Vader's psyche wonderfully. I love reading this fic because you characterize Vader so well!

*hopes for another update soon* ;)

6. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    No evil overdrive. Please. [face_praying]

7. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    Moriah, you updated! I though you had abandoned this for good.

This was angst at its best, but it reeks of death. You're not going to kill anyone, are you?

And, no, please no evil overdrive. Spare me[face_worried]

8. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    Katla: Glad to hear I've made another Vader fan happy! :D And your hopes are answered right after this...

RebelMom and __Sithspawn__: Don't worry, the Evil Overdrive is reserved for later. [face_devil] *cackles*

9. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003

"Hey...you awake?"

Leia started slightly at the echo of her own words returning to her from Han. She glanced up as he settled beside her, his arm sliding down around her back and pulling her against him gently. His quiet remark had been light in tone, though there was nothing but deep concern in his eyes--for her and for Luke. She'd seen his fear plainly on the way to the frigate.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she replied dismissively. Her personal state was inconsequential until she had some measure of guarantee that Luke would be out of danger. "Have you heard anything?"

The line of Han's lips hardened. "No. I couldn't pry the information out of them with a 'spanner if I tried. Said they're not done testing. But that they'll tell us 'in due time,'" he finished with a cynical singsong lilt.

From the corner of the lobby where he'd been pacing, Chewie rumbled something that managed to sound particularly dark.

?Well, that might be fun to see, pal--but scaring the daylights out of half the medical staff might not be good for the rest of our folks out of commission, unfortunately.?

Leia sighed, unable to bring herself to smile at their exchange. Their continued unawareness of Luke?s condition kept a knot in her stomach that refused to unravel. On top of that, she was tired, her blaster burn itched incessantly, and she was uncomfortably cold in the frigate?s sterile atmosphere due to a lack of time to change out of her unpractical Ewok garments. There was nothing like stress to bring all outstanding discomforts to the forefront.

She hugged her arms more tightly against her midsection and curled in her freezing toes.

It didn?t take long for Han to notice.

?Hey, sweetheart, if you?re cold you coulda told me--you know we?ve all got an extra change in the Falcon.?

?Han, this wasn?t exactly the sort of time for me to be thinking about--?

?I know, I know, but I could?ve just brought ?em along.? He gave her a long look. ?Though I gotta say, this little number?s going on my list of Favorite Incidental Outfits for you...straight under that hunk of metal from Jabba.? He grinned devilishly. ?Slimy piece of worm-ridden filth that he was, I?m not too sorry he had you put that on.?

Leia fixed him with her deadliest sabacc glower.

?Han...given that we?re sitting in our best medical facility...you do realize I?d have no qualms about putting you in it.?

Just as she?d expected, his grin only widened. She didn?t think his face could stretch that far without paralyzing itself.

Chewie broke their stalemate by coming up behind Han and good-naturedly smacking him upside the head. Han chuckled at his whuffling comment.

?What?d he say??

?That when it comes to women and fights, I sure know how to pick ?em.?

?That you do, Han. Better than you aim and bluff.?

He leaned in closer to her, his nose centimeters from hers. ?I couldn?t agree more,? he whispered, his lips closing in for the cinch.

Leia let herself fall into the kiss, allowing the warmth of his ardor to temporarily soothe her fears and weariness. But against her own desires, she pulled away abruptly, forcing her eyes to focus on the nearest wall. She licked her tingling lips and balled her hands into fists in her lap.

?Sorry,? she murmured. ?It?s just...it?s silly, but I feel wrong being happy while Luke?s...? Her voice hitched in spite of her desperate attempt to control it.

Han nodded, and brought his arm up around her shoulders. ?Yeah. I understand.?

She managed to unfurl one of her hands and wrap it around his, to reassure him that she still appreciated his effort to distract her and ease her pain. In truth, she was terrified of reaching a moment in which she would feel Luke die, and she could not bring herself to be in the midst of any personal leisure were that to happen. Her unwavering emotional vigilance would do nothing to ensure that Luke would live, but she felt it as a sort of obligation to his dire predicament. She would not breathe freely until she knew.

10. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    That was a really great post! Keep up the good work! :)

11. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Great post... loved the Han and Leia interaction. :D

12. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    ^ ^ A quick uppie 'fore I run off to class! ^ ^

*dashes off*

13. ___Sithspawn___

Aug 17, 2004
    Loved the new post, especially the characterization:

Without missing a beat he stalked right up to the man and stabbed a finger into his chest. ?All right, we?ve had enough--are you finally gonna declassify the top secret details of our friend?s condition??

^^That was so Han.

14. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    You do as well with Han and Leia as you do with Luke and Vader/Anakin. Wait till Leia finds out what they did to him, if he happens to tell her that is.

15. Katla

Katla Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 13, 2004
    I agree with everyone above, your characterization is great! =D= :)

16. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    LovelyLea: Welcome, and thank you! :D

GreatOne: Whoa, praise from the Han/Leia-meister?! :eek: *faints dead away*

__Sithspawn__: More Han praise?! *re-faints*

RebelMom: And more still! [face_dancing] [face_blush] Thank you all so much, I hope I can keep it up. [face_worried]

Katla: Thank you! :D [face_blush]

17. Katla

Katla Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 13, 2004
  18. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    ?Han...given that we?re sitting in our best medical facility...you do realize I?d have no qualms about putting you in it.?

Perfect. The reaction of vader to his son's danger is so perfect. And I loved Leia's thoughts about what could have caused it, as well as the last line.

19. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    Oooh, I didn't know you were updating this! Poor suffering Lukie...we always hurt the ones we love, don't we?

20. ___Sithspawn___

Aug 17, 2004
    *Ups thread*

21. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Padawan, hon, come on!

22. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Oh, just realized that I hadn't commented on the last couple of updates! [face_blush]

The insight into Anakin/Vader's thinking was really intense. Touching and sad at the same time that he feels that Luke is the only thing he has left to live for. :( Makes me wonder if Leia really would be able to strike him down if given the opportunity. [face_thinking]

Loved the bit in the waiting room with Han and his blustering! [face_laugh] Ah, so Lukie is going to be okay...it's just going to take some time. Hmm, wonder what they're gonna do when he tries to run off and won't tell them where he wants to go? o_O

Give us another update soon, Moriah! [-o|

23. Katla

Katla Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 13, 2004
    I listened to Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto in D major, op. 35, like you recommended, Pariah. :) It was lovely! And it really fit with the mood of the story: mournful but beautiful... @};-

24. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    *Bump*

This is the best fan fic I have read, so I am sending an email to GL to get his *ss in gear and employ Moriah as LFL novel line manager.

I'll let you know when he gets back to me. *keeps eye on watch* "I am waiting GL ..."

:cool: :* [face_love] [:D] [:D] [face_hypnotized]

More [-o|

Don't worry, I am with her on MSN right now, and convincing her to get more for you all ;)

25. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    *bump* Guess no one else around :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.