main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Love to be Loved (Raynar songfic, LoTF, angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lusa_Thul, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Ok, so, you know how Raynar got ONE STINKING PARAGRAPH in Betrayal
    that basically said he's locked up in the basement still getting treated? Yeah, that KINDA BUGGED ME JUST A LITTLE BIT. I mean, hello, some of us actually WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM, AND IF HE'S STILL GETTING HEALED AFTER ALL THESE YEARS, WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING TO HIM IS CLEARLY NOT WORKING!

Not that I'm bitter or anything. Oh no. Where did you get that silly idea?

But, yeah, basically, this is my irate responce to that. Enjoy.

Disclaimer: Song is 'Love to be Loved' by Peter Gabriel

So, you know how people are
    When it's all gone much too far
    The way their minds are made
    Still, there's something you should know
    That I could not let show
    That fear of letting go

When I left the Colony, I thought it would help. I thought that for once I made the right choice, that for once my sacrifice was the right one, that everything would be alright. I thought wrong. I should have known it was too easy, should not have expected everything to work out in the end. I mean, it never has before for me. I guess I just thought that it was impossible for things to get worse.

But of course they could, because they always do. At least for me. I?m not some hero who saves the galaxy and gets to live happily ever after. I?m just the kid who made too many mistakes, who never really fit in, and who ended up here in this empty room that?s more of a prison than a hospital, despite how much they try to pretend otherwise. Sometimes I wonder how long I?ve been here, but it?s impossible to guess. Time seems a lot longer when you?re alone.

I thought maybe I could deal with this emptiness, that I could heal and learn to be alone. I knew it was going to hurt, but I also knew the other Joiners had survived. But it?s been years, and I still wake up screaming every night with no one there to hear me but myself. When I first came here, the healers used to come running to check on me, to lie and tell me it was going to be alright and I was going to get better. They don?t bother anymore. I guess they?ve just accepted the reality that there?s nothing they can do, and that I?m going to be like this for the rest of my life.

And in this moment, I need to be needed
    With this darkness all around me, I like to be liked
    In this emptiness and fear, I want to be wanted
    'Cause I love to be loved
    I love to be loved
    Yes, I love to be loved

This silent, white room is virtually empty, now. They?ve taken away anything that I could have used to kill myself. Force knows I keep trying, and I don?t understand why they keep stopping me. It?s not like I?m anything but a burden to them, some task they have to perform, a patient they have to take care of. Honestly, I think it might be better for everyone if they would just let me succeed in one of my suicide attempts, but I know they would never agree with me on that point. They?re healers; they?re not allowed to.

Maybe that?s how they?re able to blind themselves to the truth, to keep pretending that I?m getting better, that I?m not out of my mind with loneliness and grief, and that soon I?ll be back among the ranks of the Jedi. For people who are supposed to be sensitive to other?s, they seem oblivious to how much harder their attitudes make it for me. I wish they would just realize that things aren?t working, but they have to pretend they are.

I?m tired of lies, though. Force knows I got enough of those from Lomi, and I did not even know it. And I suppose I can?t fault them for twisting reality into what they want to be. I was even better at that than they are. Is that why I?m so sensitive to it now? Probably. Being the UnuThul changed me in a lot of ways, and I guess this is one of them. They don?t really see that, either. They think I can just go back to being Raynar now, maybe a little older and sadder, but still Raynar. They just don?t get it, I guess; Raynar died in the Crash, and he?s not coming back. And now UnuThul is dead too. I wonder who I?m supposed to be next.

I cry

2. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Poor Raynar! He's getting whacked around with the angst stick these days. Sometimes I think he was invented to be abused.

3. UnderCoverJedi

UnderCoverJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2006
    That was a really good songfic! I enjoyed it a lot. =D= I just finished the Dark Nest books so this was a nice treat. :p

4. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Wow, that was excellent. I'm not normally a big Raynar fan either.

5. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    VC

Well, I wouldn't abuse him if it weren't so easy! :p

UnderCoverJedi

Why thank you! I hope Raynar gets at least a little screen time in LoTF, because I really want to see what happened to him!

princess_of_naboo

Why thank you! I think Raynar is one of thoese characters who takes a while to like, but man did I love UnuThul! :p

6. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Up up up, little fic!

7. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I know regretting what I did isn?t going to change it,

A deed, once done, cannot be undone, but perhaps it may yet be mitigated.

Poor Unu/Raynar. Brilliant songfic, not that I expect differently from you.

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    They just don?t get it, I guess; Raynar died in the Crash, and he?s not coming back. And now UnuThul is dead too. I wonder who I?m supposed to be next.

That tells us so much. How very sad.

So I?ve finally just given up trying. Everything I do goes wrong, even when I think I?m helping others. It?s ironic, really; Jedi like Kyp Durron or Zekk, who fell to the Dark Side and delighted in the pain they caused are now some of the most respected and trusted Jedi in the Order. And the boy who taught a species to love is locked away alone and forgotten so no one has to deal with him.

:( :( The galaxy just isn't a fair place.

Really superb songfic!

9. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Somehow I got distraced and forgot to reply! Imagine that! :p

SilSolo

Aww, thank you! I really how there's omse Raynar action on LoTF, because it would just be so cool to see how he's reacted to everything!

Healer_Leona

Why thanks! Poor little Raynar! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.