main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Love's Sweet Promise-K/J,J/S,J/Tk,Z/D, Valin, OCs-- AUTHOR'S NOTE--4/4/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Flowerlady, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    That was a great Chapter. I hope that Bail can get to Cassie in time. And I love the last statement from Jag. That was great!

2. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    A/N: Since it has been either a very long time ago since you?ve read To Love Thy Friend, or may not have read it at all, here is some things that will make this chapter make sense concerning the Swarm War. Because at the time that I wrote Always Have, Always Will I hadn?t read the Dark Nest Trilogy, I worked off of spoilers and my own ideas. Because I took a great many liberties with the events of the Dark Nest Trilogy, here is a brief summery; otherwise this chapter may not make sense. First, I made the Killiks out to be the bad guys, not just the Gorg, but them all. The Jedi who were called to the hive was in a sense tricked by the Dark Jedi, who controlled the entire Killik Hive society. Really not too different from what Denning had happen; however, that is about all the similarity. The Jedi Order responded by, not only trying to help get the ?captured? Jedi free from the Killiks, but also help the Chiss, which of course is very different from the books. Also, the GFFA came to the aid of the Chiss, which opened the door for the Chiss to join the GFFA. Finally (and this is important for the story), Jag was not shot down by Leia but rather became a hero when he helped destroy the Dark Nest, making a name for himself that eventually allowed for him to be promoted to admiral and, as importantly, allowed for the marriage to Shawnkyr.

Also, in To Love Thy Friend during the later part of the SW, Shawnkyr became pregnant with Jag?s child. However, if you recall she loses it. However, it is important to know that the Fels never told their living children about that pregnancy.

Thanks for the reminder. I probably would have been confused :D

After a sputtering, very un-prince-like openmouthed and wide-eyed stare, Bail blinked twice and then smirked, ?I can?t believe it!? He pointed to Zeth?s lightsaber and laughed, ?Yep, I?d say definitely keep the saber. In fact, I?ll even loan you mine. By the Force, Zeth, didn?t anyone tell not to go knocking up your commanding officers? daughter!??

[face_laugh] Oh that's too funny!!

She glared at him, ?It is Chiss tradition that the parents make the announcement of the alliance to their extended family.?

Bail all but rolled his eyes.
    Only the Chiss could make something military out of something as benign as an engagement.

Hahahaha, so terribly true! :p

Zeth met Jag?s eyes and went on, ?I?m planning on joining the military full time.?

?But you are a Jedi Knight,? Cherith protested before her parents could respond.

:eek: Wow, a surprise to us all!

Jag was the first to his feet and the lovers followed. Jag?s shock was quickly turning to anger, ?What do you mean?child??

Cherith was the one to answer, ?I?m pregnant.?

Umm...maybe Zeth SHOULD have taken Bail's lightsaber ;)

Zeth squeezed her hand and she looked up at him. He smiled and said as understanding came to him, ?They aren?t denying us happiness, my love. They just wish we would have waited awhile before making them grandparents.?

Before Cherith could respond, Jag spoke up, ?And sharing a grandchild with Kyp and Jaina Durron is definitely something I?d have loved to have more time to prepare for.?

[face_laugh][face_laugh] True on both parts!!!

I'm glad Jag & Shawnkyr told Cherith about their first-born. I'll bet it makes her see her parents in a different light- and not a bad one :)

3. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Thanks for the PM!:)
    Great to see this up again . .

Bail teasing the nervous couple was funny. :p
    [face_thinking] Cassie reaching out to Bail seems odd and desperate, I hope she's alright.

I think the 'meet the parents' scene was brilliantly handled!;)

Immediately, Jag and Shawnkyr?s incredulous, ?Child!?? filled the room.
    Not the best reaction really, but hey you could understand their anger and shock...

Nice update!=D= Keep up the great work...

Can't wait to see where this story goes next![face_mischief]

4. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    How fabulous to have an upate!

Besides, he reminded himself, there was a reason he skipped over the more obvious Jedi robes, it was the same reason he almost didn?t wear his lightsaber.

Wow, he really is trying to accomodate here.

?Please be seated.? They took their seats?Jag and Shawnkyr on one couch and Zeth and Cherith facing them on the other. Then Jag brought his hands together before him and, after an agonizing moment of Cherith?s parents scrutinizing them, he settled his eyes on Zeth and said, ?Now, is there a reason for this ?gathering???

I can totally feel the tension. They are so Chiss!!!!!

Then he met the older man?s light green eyes and cleared his throat,

Nice touch. To me Jag has those typical light green eyes.

That is still not a reason to rush things,? Jag countered, his gaze cutting through Zeth. ?And often what we think in the moment doesn?t hold true for a lifetime.?

UGH!!!! stop being so bossy! they're adults and they'll do as they please!

but I want to live my life with you,? suddenly, he reached out and took her other hand, gazing deeply into her eyes intensely, he decided to get the rest of it out into the open as well, ??and our child.?

Loved this touch. Loved his announcement.

Zeth suddenly felt a deep sadness that seemed very old, as if this was reminding her of something.

Are we getting some Durron empathy here???

Zeth smiled, ?Just because I?m a Jedi doesn?t mean I?m creditless

Another nice touch...why do they have to be poor?!?!?

And sharing a grandchild with Kyp and Jaina Durron is definitely something I?d have loved to have more time to prepare for.?

[face_laugh] Fel was so Wedge like in this scene.

A fantastic update!!!!!! I love these characters. [:D] =D= [face_love] =D=

5. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    LOL! Jag's last line was prizeless! :D

I loved the chapter! [face_love] Esp the Bail/Zeth moment and the talking scene with Jag and Shawnkyr at the end! =D= Very well done! =D=

More soon? @};-

6. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005

7. blinded_by_darkness

blinded_by_darkness Jedi Master

Apr 15, 2006
    The last line made me chuckle

8. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Hey, I'm not just 'Uping' this . .

I popped in to ask a random question :p

Like many people I really enjoy this fic and its characters, and I was wondering, when this fic is wrapped up and finished will we see any of your characters again in future? :) Will there be a sequel or short stories linking to this?

Just pondering . . [face_blush]

Can't wait for more.

9. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    blinded_by_darkness
    The last line made me chuckle
    Thanks... It did me too...

SITH_MAYO
    Hey, I'm not just 'Uping' this . .

I popped in to ask a random question :p

Like many people I really enjoy this fic and its characters, and I was wondering, when this fic is wrapped up and finished will we see any of your characters again in future? :) Will there be a sequel or short stories linking to this?

Just pondering . . [face_blush]

Can't wait for more.

Thanks so much for your enthusiasm for this story.
    At this time I'm not planning any more continuations for this story. That's not to say I won't do a vig or something with some of these characters, particularly of my main couples. I've enjoyed them a lot too.

Okay, this isn't the entire Chapter 26 but DRL is really hampering my writing and reading time right now.

As some of you know from me talking about it in this thread or my other threads, my hubby and I are having an addition (family room and new deck) added to our humble home. Well, the construction actually started last month, but is in full force now. I left home Monday with only a hole still in the ground with concrete block walls and came home Monday to watch my Dad and his crew finish the roof. Exciting!!!

But as fast as they are building also means I have to do a lot more in the evening. Not to mention, my dad is staying at my house. Anyway, what I'm getting at is I may seem to disappear over the next two to three weeks.

Hope you enjoy this first part of Chapter 26...[face_wink]

[hr]

[i][b]~Chapter 26~[/b][/i] -Part 1-

Unknown Regions, Dro?godda Base, Star System MRE19961610

She came out of the meditation but didn?t feel very relaxed. She had been in contact with Bail for the third time since she first felt him in the sector a week ago. She hoped to lead him and the fleet to the pirate base.

Although, things hadn?t become desperate yet, Cassie was full of overwhelming apprehension. Pader Barrett had landed on Naboo and was getting into position to assassinate his niece. She knew once Erida had her puppet on the throne of Naboo and she was in position to be named Naboo?s Senator, things would become a great deal more uncompromising for Cassie and the others. It was a political game that Cassie really didn?t fully understand, but what she did know that once the queen was dead, Cassie would have to kill Cleven Fel as her act of pledging herself to the Sith. There hadn?t been any question what her ultimate sacrifice would be. She dreaded the realization that even if Syal buckled with the murder of Cleven and gave in to Erida, Cassie would be expected to sacrifice her uncle.

She understood the dangers of reaching out to Bail, and of Bail touching her mind. She wasn?t exactly sure just how much Erida could sense, but she definitely didn?t want the Sith knowing that Cassie was leading the Fifth Fleet to Dro?godda?s hidden asteroid base by telepathically reaching out for the bond she had with the man she loved.

She looked around the small grey, dismal quarters she had been assigned and took a deep breath and tried to calm herself. She couldn?t face Erida or Beth without finding calm which she would then project the emotion of indifference. It truly was a tiring existence and lonely. No one knew what she was doing. She couldn?t even let Doran know because he was wearing a Yuumiri collar. At the thought of her beloved uncle she nearly gave into despair again.

Cassie had been assigned as Doran?s guard after arriving at the base. She knew that it had been done as yet another test of her loyalty. She had passed the test with Cleven while being his guard, now the test was to become harder to wrestle with emotionally. She had to admit she hadn?t ever expected this charade to be easy, but facing her uncle?s shock and the heartbreak she saw in his blue eyes when she first entered his cell had been almost more than she could bear.

She stood up and looked at the chrono

10. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Marko had never been so confused in his life. He?d been on Naboo for two weeks and during that time had spent nearly every waking moment with Padmé and rarely thought of Anakah.

To everyone else he was Count Aven and he and Padmé were supposed to be building a romantic relationship, something Marko had to admit was very tempting.

wooohooo!!! :D Yes, awesome!!

Marko swallowed and wondered how he was going to get through this mission without having sex with her

Uh...self control? :p

Then she leaned in and he didn?t fight the emotion that swelled in his heart. In that moment Marko Quee made a discovery that shook him more than any of Ennth?s groundquakes ever could. He was falling in love with her and nothing he could do was preventing it from happening.

Yes, good yes. Continue falling for her and let Anakah & Valin be together.

For the first time in his life he thought about someone else, not just his own burning desires.

Yep, it sounds like love :)

This is what it feels like to be in love and not be able to act upon it.

:( Awwww!!

He suddenly remembered the brief snatches of pain he?d seen in Anakah?s eyes or he?d sensed from her. It had made him jealous to think of her pining over Valin Horn, but now he understood what Anakah felt.

I hope that him understanding that is what breaks the engagement & allows them to love the people they want to freely

?It?s Queen Violetta and I?m sorry that I let my foolishness get in the way of our professional acquaintance, Knight Quee.?

I feel bad for her. But I hope she gives him another chance!!!!!!

11. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Ooh baby! I haven't been able to get on and look at alot of stuff lately... but seeing that this story was updated at the top of my 13 PM pile was nice! Great post. I like how Marko is finally catching a clue and seeing that the grass is indeed the same shade of green on both sides of the fence. It makes it that much more angsty... and stories with people who have more angstyness than I do seem to make my day... oh well. Keep up the good work!

Brittney

12. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Woo nice post!;)

I feel bad for Cassie, she's really being drained by her sithly encounter, I hope she holds on long enough for Bail to reach her![face_plain]

Marko and Padme actually suited each other better than I thought... I wasn't sure how they'd be but as I read along it was brilliant to see the chemistry you wrote between them.[face_love] They're sweet and passionate, great combination.

Though I have to admit I almost fell off my chair when I Marko turned noble, putting his lustful needs aside and putting her feelings first. o_O Must be love![face_laugh]

Nice update as always!

Thanks for the PM. ;) Lookin' forward to more.

13. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    ?Don?t worry, Jedi really can?t read minds. We only can detect feelings and emotions.?

Sure, that's what they all say! ;)

I really liked Marko and Padme. Now that he has opened up to his feelings and realized he doesn't belong with Anakah he can move on. We just have to hope Padme comes around. Wonderful description of Naboo and their romance together.

And, I hope Bail gets to Cassie in time, she's going to be facing some tough choices very soon! :(

Thanks for more! =D=

14. blinded_by_darkness

blinded_by_darkness Jedi Master

Apr 15, 2006
    Go Marko,you silly boy

Great Post

15. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    at least he was honest with her...can't wait to find out what happens next!

16. master_jade

master_jade Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2006
    Booo-hooo...:_| I knew it would be like that, and yet I don't like it at all!

NO! Not Marko and Padme! She can go to real count Aven! Or Valin Horn![face_devil]

:_|

Ok, I see, it's Your story, but... sniff... :_| Am I the only one supporting Marko and Anakah?

17. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    :_| Nooooooo! I want Marko and Padmé!!! :_|
    Please make it right. [face_worried]

And help Cassie. [face_worried]

Anyway, great chapter! =D=

18. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    SWpants666
    Marko had never been so confused in his life. He?d been on Naboo for two weeks and during that time had spent nearly every waking moment with Padmé and rarely thought of Anakah.

To everyone else he was Count Aven and he and Padmé were supposed to be building a romantic relationship, something Marko had to admit was very tempting.

wooohooo!!! :D Yes, awesome!!
    :D

Marko swallowed and wondered how he was going to get through this mission without having sex with her

Uh...self control? :p
    But Marko doesn't have much self control when it comes to beautiful women...:p

Then she leaned in and he didn?t fight the emotion that swelled in his heart. In that moment Marko Quee made a discovery that shook him more than any of Ennth?s groundquakes ever could. He was falling in love with her and nothing he could do was preventing it from happening.

Yes, good yes. Continue falling for her and let Anakah & Valin be together.
    I couldn't agree more... I hope he does...;)

For the first time in his life he thought about someone else, not just his own burning desires.

Yep, it sounds like love :)
    It sure does...[face_love]
    This is what it feels like to be in love and not be able to act upon it.

:( Awwww!!
    But he's beginning to understand Anakah and his parents. That's a good thing...

He suddenly remembered the brief snatches of pain he?d seen in Anakah?s eyes or he?d sensed from her. It had made him jealous to think of her pining over Valin Horn, but now he understood what Anakah felt.

I hope that him understanding that is what breaks the engagement & allows them to love the people they want to freely
    I hope so too...[face_whistling]

?It?s Queen Violetta and I?m sorry that I let my foolishness get in the way of our professional acquaintance, Knight Quee.?

I feel bad for her. But I hope she gives him another chance!!!!!!
    She's upset. She just practically threw herself at him only to have him "reject" her. She hopefully will cool down soon.

[:D]

Jedi-Roxy
    Ooh baby! I haven't been able to get on and look at alot of stuff lately... but seeing that this story was updated at the top of my 13 PM pile was nice! Great post. I like how Marko is finally catching a clue and seeing that the grass is indeed the same shade of green on both sides of the fence. It makes it that much more angsty... and stories with people who have more angstyness than I do seem to make my day... oh well. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks [face_blush] ...Yeah, Marko is finally realizing that love can't be avoided forever. [:D]

SITH_MAYO
    Woo nice post!;)
    Thanks...[face_blush]
    I feel bad for Cassie, she's really being drained by her sithly encounter, I hope she holds on long enough for Bail to reach her![face_plain]
    Me too!!!
    Marko and Padme actually suited each other better than I thought... I wasn't sure how they'd be but as I read along it was brilliant to see the chemistry you wrote between them.[face_love] They're sweet and passionate, great combination.
    Thank you... I'm glad that I got the plot bunny to put them them together...I'm also glad that I could make it seem possible...;)
    Though I have to admit I almost fell off my chair when I Marko turned noble, putting his lustful needs aside and putting her feelings first. o_O Must be love![face_laugh]
    :p [face_laugh]
    Nice update as always!
    Thanks...[face_blush]
    Thanks for the PM. ;) Lookin' forward to more.
    Hopefully sometime within the next 2 weeks....[:D]

iamobiwan1970
    ?Don?t worry, Jedi really can?t read minds. We only can detect feelings and emotions.?

Sure, that's what the

19. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Craving more FL..... please?[face_blush]

20. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Oh I feel so guilty...I've really been neglecting my stories as of late. I hopefully will get my muse back on track. I hate to say this but I've been totally distracted with my other epic. [face_blush]

But I promise I will work on an update for this and have a nice long one for you all within the next week or so...

Thanks all of you for your loyalty to this story. I greatly appreciate it... [:D]

FL @};-

21. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    I know, I promised you all an update.

Darth Writers Block....:mad: :mad: :mad:

And my muse has been completely highjacked by The Path of Dreams....[face_frustrated]

But I'm thinking about the next part.

Oh, although this didn't qualify, I'd like to thank whoever voted for this for Best Series....[face_blush]

FL @};-

22. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    Great story so far... if you have a pm list add me to it! :)

Oh, and UP! [face_batting]

:D

23. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    UP! Because I might just be way behind as I haven't gotten on in two months and something's happened that I don't know about... meh! UP!!!!

Brittney

24. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
  25. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Hello all of my faithful readers?[:D]

Guess what, this isn?t dead.

However, it will come back as a repost. I am planning on rewriting this story much as I have The Path of Dreams over the past months, the rewrite of which is being posted on my web site ?Corellian Lilies? and Fanlib.com. Anyway, I have decided that I enjoyed these characters far too much not to end their stories. However, I wrote myself into a really big plot hole that I still don?t know how to get out of. So, what to do you ask, I say go back to the drawing board and start all over. So that is exactly what I?m going to do. Some of this story will be greatly changed and some of it will remain the same, but I will start reposting in a new thread. If you have been reading this story, I will PM with the first chapter. If you are new to this story and would like to have a PM let me know.

Expect the first post in about a month. I want to finish The Winding Path first.

Flowerlady @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.