main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Loving AOTC

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by RamRed, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RamRed

RamRed Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    I saw a topic in which the poster stated that he/she "now" loves AOTC, but was horribly disappointed when it was first released.

Hmmm . . . I have loved AOTC since it was first released, and I still do.

It's strange how everyone had declared that AOTC was the second best SW movie after ESB, when it was first released back in May 2002. But when it failed to become the "Number 1" movie of the summer (SPIDERMAN did), everyone began to bash it and continued to do so up to this present time.

Strilo edit: This has too much potential to turn into a basher/gusher thread...

2. Greedo_forever

Greedo_forever Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2005
    I actually don't mind this one. It is hard to watch with others- its something I have to watch in private to avoid all the snide comments.

But as much as I can take it in with an open mind and child-like innocence, I STILL feel like something is missing. I just can't say what.

I like this movie, but there is a VERRRRRY subtle aspect of it that puts it at the bottom of the Prequels for me.

3. theN00_Jedi

theN00_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    When I first saw it in thearters I actually did like it, but the more times I watched it, the harder it was to shake the feeling that GL couldn't help but rip off bits of his own movies, felt too much like "American graffiti........................ in space" and that bizaire retro 1950s diner on courascant, really put it over the top

4. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    TPM>>>>>>>>>>>>>AOTC

5. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    I loved it when it came out. At the time, I couldn't figure out which I liked better: ESB or AOTC. The drag on AOTC was 3PO's slapstick that still annoys me to no end, but in recent months it has surpassed ESB for me. As much as I thought ESB is the best SW movie ever, that says a lot. Then ROTS came out and blew me away. But the more and more I watch AOTC, I love it more each time. I think people are finally catching on to this film, which is long over-due in my book. I am seeing more and more appreciation for it in the boards here recently.

6. Sabertrader

Sabertrader Jedi Master star 1

Jul 28, 2002
    When I first saw AOTC, I thought it fairly rocked...put the "Wars" in Star Wars, so to speak. Greedo-Forever's post really encapsulates how I feel about it.

I had read the novel previous to viewing the film, and felt the exclusion of some development between Anakin and Padme' hurt the romance aspect, and made the fireside sequence stiff and awkward to distraction...I could feel and sense the entire audience fidgeting and rolling their eyes, and when Hayden says "If you are suffering as much as I am, PLEASE tell me!" everyone wanting to shout "YES, WE ARE!!!" LOL :D

I KNEW why they fell in love...the book had fleshed it out pretty well. And watching the deleted scenes on the DVD makes it all pretty clear as well. IF George had just gone ahead LEFT the "dinner scene" at the Naberrie's in (before departing for the island retreat), it would have strengthened the romance by a mile. I'm PRAYING that this scene is re-inserted into the 30th Anniversary set.

Otherwise, it's an excellent, enjoyable SW movie, and with the dinner scene put back in, would move up a couple of spots on my list. As it is, it's in 3rd place for the PT films, and 4th or 5th for the whole series. I honestly think that TPM has aged better that AOTC, but with a little work, AOTC will stand shoulder to shoulder with TPM and ROTS as a very potent 123 punch.

7. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    I loved Attack of the Clones from the start. Its a great movie and probably the more important one of the whole saga. I mean everything that plays out afterwards was set up in AOTC.

-- Anakin started to goto the Darkside in AOTC
    -- The Stormtroopers first appeared in AOTC
    -- The end of the Jedi started in AOTC (Because of the start of the CW)
    -- The end of the Republic started in AOTC
    -- Leia's/Luke's roots were shown in AOTC as Anakin/Padme feel in love
    And more....

I mean, althought everything actually happens in ROTS like the end of the Jedi/Republic and whatnot. It was essentially set up in AOTC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.