main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Loving You From Afar (an USJS alternative ending to a 'conflict')

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Jun 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    I ought to get an award for Most Posts In a Day

2. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    How about if I give you the Most Addictive Story Award?

Thanks for posting so much. Just don't leave us with too much of a cliff hanger before you go, okay?

3. Kenobi Maul

Kenobi Maul Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! You can't stop there!

4. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Now, you go up top, so Amidolee can see you and add to you right away.

5. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I think it worked

?Mommy!? Ben shouted, racing to the door as Cali opened the door to her apartment. The little boy opened his arms and Cali knelt down to give him a hug.

?Hello, darling,? she said, kissing each cheek. She lifted him up. ?Have you been torturing Hahna?? She looked further down the hall where her friend was holding the bottle of cough medicine.

Ben shook his head, his eyes earnest. ?No, Momma. She?s trying to poison me!?

?I doubt that,? Cali laughed, moving the boy to her hip. She put her forehead against his and they rubbed noses, the way they always greeted each other. Then Ben turned his head and grinned at Obi-Wan, jerking in Cali?s arms.

?Ob-Wan!? Ben shouted. ?You came to play with me??

Cali turned her head, wondering how the Jedi would respond. Obi-Wan looked over at her, eyes questioning. ?Not right now, Ben,? she said. ?You need a nap. Obi-Wan can play with you later.?

?No nap!? Ben cried, suddenly pouting. ?I?m not sleepy.?

?Yes. Nap,? Cali said in her mother voice. ?You don?t want to get sick again, do you?? The boy was small for his age and very susceptible to any germ that flew through the air. ?I?ll read you two stories.?

?Can Ob-Wan read to me?? Ben asked, his pouting lips turning to a hopeful smile.

Cali turned to the Jedi. ?Do you mind??

?Not at all,? Obi-Wan said, watching the eager child. He?d hate to be the cause of more stress than he already was.

Cali put her son down. ?Go pick out the stories you want Obi-Wan to read, okay? And let Aunt Hahna give you the medicine, or he won?t read to you.?

Ben nodded solemnly, then raced down the hall to his bedroom, Hahna rolling her eyes as she went after him. Cali bit her lip as she watched him go, then turned back to Obi-Wan. ?Thank you,? she said quietly. ?He doesn?t usually take to strange men that well, but he seems to like you.?

Obi-wan just gazed at her, not sure what to say. Cali smiled tensely and waved her arm about. ?Where?s my manners? I might as well show you around.? As she started down the hall, Obi-Wan reached out and touched her elbow, the jolt of his contact sending her heart fluttering.

?I?ve missed you, Cal,? Obi-Wan said softly.

For a moment, Cali-Ana imagined herself in his arms, kissing him and remembering the bliss of his touch. His hand hadn?t left her elbow and she could sense his longing, but also his wondering and confusion. She looked away from him, feeling her heart tighten. ?I?ve missed you, too,? she said.

?I?m ready!? Ben called, appearing in the hall, pajamas on and looking up at Obi-Wan eagerly. ?Come on, Ob-Wan! I?ll show you my room!? The boy grabbed Obi-Wan?s hand and pulled him down the hall, the Knight looking over his shoulder as Cali turned into the kitchen.

6. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000

@ @ @

?Eventful day,? Hahna commented as she took a sip of her tea.

Cali nodded, elbows propped on the table, head resting on her palms. ?And Ben?s getting sick again.?

?Don?t worry about him,? Hahna said. She looked towards the empty hallway. ?You never did tell me the full story about you two.?

?It?s a long story,? Cali sighed, following her friend?s gaze. ?I wonder if Ben?s torturing the life out of him??

?Does he know??

Cali frowned. ?I?m not sure. Sometimes it seems like it, but other times it doesn?t. This has been so sudden and I?m at a loss.?

Hahna took another drink and studied her friend?s worried face. ?Do you still love him? I know you haven't taken up anyone else?s offers.?

Cali groaned and buried her face in her arms. ?Sith hells, why did he have to show up??

?You didn?t answer the question.?

Cali looked up at her friend, then let her head hit the table. ?Yes. But it doesn?t matter. He probably hates me for leaving him. Will get real pissed when he finds out that the kid is his. And he?s a Jedi, he can?t stay here. Qui-Gon will find out and then everything will go straight to bloody Sith hell. Ben will get confused and start asking about his father and--?

?Oh, listen to yourself!? Hahna chidded, patting Cali?s hand. ?You sound like one of your characters last season!?

Cali lifted her head. ?Except that this is real!?

?You are a very sad girl,? Hahna laughed.

[This message has been edited by Amidolee (edited 06-12-2000).]

7. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Do you want more posts before I leave today?

8. juwannajedi

Mar 23, 2000
    Of COURSE /underlined heavily/ we want more posts today. How can you actually abandon us for A WEEK!!!!

I am sobbing here!!!

9. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Amidolee, you're smarter than that. Absolutely we want more posts!! Please? Or we'll pester you like Ben!

10. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    @ @ @

?Why is your hair like that??

Obi-Wan paused in his reading as Ben sat up from where he had snuggled up against him. The blue eyes were very attentive and curious. The boy reached out and picked up the long braid and studied it carefully. Obi-Wan smiled. ?It?s my Padawan braid.?

Ben grinned and set it down, then touched Obi-Wan?s spiky hair. ?That?s funny,? he said. ?I like your hair.? He tugged at his ruffled locks, his face scrunching. ?I want mine like yours!?

Obi-Wan closed the book. ?You?ll have to ask your mom about that.?

Ben grinned at him again, then something caught his eye. ?Whas that?? he asked, touching the lightsaber on Obi-Wan?s other side.

The Jedi frowned at the weapon. ?You best not mess with that.?

?Why??

?You?ll get a big owey,? Obi-Wan warned, moving the boy?s hand away.

?Can I look?? Ben asked. ?I won?t touch it.? He gave Obi-Wan a very serious and solemn look, something very similar to the young Jedi initiates at the Temple.

There probably wasn?t any harm in letting the boy look, so Obi-Wan unhooked the lightsaber from his belt and held it in his hands. Ben kept his word and didn?t touch it, just looked at the weapon as Obi-Wan held it in front of him.

?What does it do??

Obi-Wan turned the emitter end up and away from the boy?s face. He tapped the end with his index finger. ?A blade of light comes out of this end,? he said quietly, smiling a bit at the child?s attentive gaze. He was sure that Ben was absorbing in everything he said and then some. ?It?s very hot and can cut through just about anything. Leaves a big burn.?

?Owie,? Ben nodded. He settled back against Obi-Wan, resting his head on the Jedi?s chest. ?Read, please.?

Obi-Wan put the lightsaber back on his belt, then opened the storybook and began reading where he had left off. It was about a lost bantha cub trying to find his mother on some desert planet. He hadn?t even finished the book before he heard Ben?s soft snoring. He gently set the book on the floor and picked the sleeping boy up so he could move off the tiny bed. He laid Ben down and covered him up with the blanket.

The Knight stood, watching the small boy sleep. It was the sweet innocence of a sleeping child that always struck him as odd, for he had always known children to be troublemakers and loud. At least, most of the initiates at the Temple were like that.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I might be able to get some more up late tonight or tomorrow. Sorry, but being a minor, I have no choice but to go where ever my father kidnaps and takes me.

11. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I think this is the next one in line, but I can't see all of the page so it's a guess.

Hahna had left awhile ago and Cali had cleaned up the kitchen. She was tired, confused, and feeling like she was coming down with whatever her son had managed to catch. It was getting late and she had to figure out what she would cook for supper. She wasn?t much of a cook, but she could handle pasta. She had the heating unit going and the instant pasta cooking when there was a sound of someone entering the kitchen and she turned to see Obi-Wan enter.

It was strange to see him in her home, and for a moment Cali thought about getting used to the idea. Then the timer on the unit dinged and she turned to shut it off. ?Is he sleeping?? she asked, spooning the pasta into a heat bowl.

?Yes,? Obi-Wan said, watching her back. He smiled slightly. ?He looks like you.?

Cali gave a small smile as she set the bowl on the table. ?He reminds me of someone else. He has my nose and chin, but he has his father?s eyes and smile.?

?W-who is the father?? Obi-Wan asked, half-wishing he had never asked. He forced himself to look straight at her. If she loved someone else . . .

Cali gazed at him for a long moment, feeling a little scared of what his reaction would be. ?I haven?t had anyone since you, Obi-Wan,? she said quietly. She watched his reaction. Watched the clarity wash over his features, then the calm settle in. She watched the sudden dawning in his eyes.

?Is that why you left? Because you were pregnant?? Obi-Wan asked, stepping towards her.

?Yes. I didn?t want to keep you from becoming a Knight,? Cali said, watching him as he came closer. ?I know what happened to Ane when he even thought about trying it on Jane. I didn?t want to know what they would do to you.?

?Oh, Cali,? Obi-Wan cried, unable to hold back. He wrapped his arms around her and embraced her tight. ?I never meant to hurt you.?

?You didn?t,? Cali said, her head buried in his chest. It was useless to resist his hold. Being back in his arms was overwhelming and she suddenly found herself returning the embrace.

?I thought you had left because you didn?t love me,? Obi-Wan whispered. ?Or that someone else had hurt you. I didn?t know what to believe.? He drew away, still holding her, but reaching up to brush her cheek. Her lips trembled and he felt the shiver go through her entire body. Obi-Wan bent his head down, his pulse racing, his heart screaming.

Cali began to close her eyes, anticipating the kiss. Everything inside of her was begging, her senses coming back from their five-year hiatus. It had been so long, so very long. She felt the brush of his lips against hers-

Beep, beep!

Cali jumped, eyes flying open. There was another beep. Obi-Wan swore softly and reached for his belt, pulling out a small comlink. Cali took a step back, shivering again. Her heart thudded in her chest. What had she been doing? Had she no self-control?

?Yes, Master, I?m alive,? Obi-Wan greeted, talking into the small device. The Jedi was seething. His Master had the knack for interrupting important matters. He looked over at Cali, who was busying herself with the pasta and setting dishes out on the counter. She would not look at him.

?I assume you?ve found her,? Qui-Gon said wryly.

?Yes,? Obi-Wan said, trying to keep the edge out of his voice.

?Where are you now??

?Her place,? Obi-Wan said, grimacing as he imagined his Master?s scowl of disapproval.

?And when are you coming back?? Qui-Gon asked, the subtle reprimand coming through. ?It?s getting rather late, as I?m sure you are aware.?

?Hold on a minute,? Obi-Wan said. He looked over at Cali, who was acting as if she wasn?t listening.

Cali looked up. ?You best be getting back,? she said. She didn?t want him alone with her, afraid she might lose her cool again. He looked hurt by her suggestion that she didn?t want him around. But Sith hells! What did he expect?

?I guess I?ll be there in a little while,? Obi-Wan said before ending the transmission

12. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    A whole week till more? I'd better stock up on chocloate for those heavey withdrawals.

13. Kenobi Maul

Kenobi Maul Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I want more!

14. juwannajedi

Mar 23, 2000
    Upsy-daisy!

15. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Mesa Back!!!

I just posted about my disk going AWOL on me, but I don't know if it went through. But guess what? It decided to behave! I guess threats and holding a lightsaber up to it DO work

Chapter Four

?Ah-choo!?

Cali had the handkerchief up to Ben?s nose just before the boy sneezed. She grimaced as she wiped his nose clean. Some aspects of motherhood she could do without. At least he was past the diaper stage. ?There you go, sweetheart,? she said, tossing the handkerchief on the counter. ?Ready??

Ben nodded, rubbing his nose. ?Momma??

?Yes, dear??

?Am I gonna see Ob-Wan??

Cali smiled and took his hand as she went out the door. ?I think so. Do you like Obi-Wan??

Ben nodded and smiled brightly. ?He showed me his lightsaber!?

?Did he turn it on?? Cali asked in alarm. She didn?t like the idea of the Jedi wielding the hot blade near her son.

?No,? Ben said. ?Ob-Wan said I would get BIG owie!?

@ @ @

?Ilgna! Redy!?

Cali bit back an irritated snarl as the set director called her name. Her scene was coming up and Obi-Wan wasn?t here yet. She tried to fight back the disappointment, but she couldn?t help herself. It would be old-time swordplay and she really wanted his approval on her skills.

?Whas wrong, Momma?? Ben asked from the chair he was sitting in. It was Cali?s reserved chair for between shoots.

?Nothing, dear,? Cali said. ?Mommy?s gotta go for a little bit. You be good and stay right here, okay??

?Pwomise!? Ben crowed, sticking his hand out for a slap. Cali slapped his hand, then ruffled his hair.

Cali turned and straightened her dress out. It was ridiculous that she had to wear such a constricting costume in a spar, but that was what was in the script. She quickly picked up her sword and hurried for the set. Aston was already there, getting a quick touch up from the make-up artist. She rotated her wrists in preparation. ?Ready for me to slice your pants off, Redy?? she asked in a taunting tone. The script called for her to win the fight since she was the heroine of the drama.

He smirked an arrogant smirk. ?Only because I have to let you win.?

Cali raised an eyebrow at him, twirling the sword in one hand. ?Is that a challenge? If you knew who was my first instructor, you would turn tail and never come back.?

Aston picked up his own sword, although not as gracefully. ?Oh? And who would that be??

?OB-WAN!?

Just about every head turned as the little boy jumped off his chair and raced towards the entrance. Most didn?t know that Ben was her child, at least the press didn?t yet. They would probably catch on pretty quick. Cali watched as her son?s blonde head bobbed between the various equipment as he raced towards the entrance. Two cloaked figures paused in the doorway.

?You came! You came!? Ben shouted, opening his arms up to the Jedi.

Cali held her breath, wondering what Obi-Wan would do. The Jedi Padawan stooped down to meet the boy?s embrace. He picked him up as Ben laughed. She smiled and turned back to Aston. The rest of the crew had already forgotten the spectacle as Director began shouting orders. A few moments later, he called action and Cali forced herself to forget about everything else but this scene.

She circled Aston, blade pointed at the floor, hand on one hip. ?You are as foolish as you are stupid,? she said, a smile playing across her lips. ?Did you not think I would discover your treason??

?It is you who will be found guilty,? Aston said, bringing his blade up in a defensive manner. ?Even divine beauty cannot save you.?

?Even divine arrogance and ignorance cannot save you,? Cali replied, her tone mocking. ?You see, Dajk, I have the advantage over you. You may not come to realize it until the end.? With lightning grace, Cali brought her sword up and was already moving in, dancing around him. Even with the constricting dress, she was far more light and quick than Aston. Her co-star parried her swings as choreographed before hand. Cali would have take

16. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    Oooh!! Little Ben is soooo cute! i love this (even though I hate the thought of Cali leaving him in da first place)

17. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad.gif

Okay. Breathe. There is no anger, only the Force.

Explanation: I went to post again awhile back. Server was being pure sith. Tried to post 7 times! 7 times!!!! mad.gif And now I try to post again and the disk has decided to join the dark side. Maybe I can pull another Skywalker on it . . .

18. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    So good to see you back Amidolee.

So, what does Qui-Gon think about Ben??

19. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Maybe we should exorcise your disk. That might make it more cooperative.

20. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    Welcome back, Amidolee!

I love the way Ben talks. It's so cute! Reminds me of my youngest sister when she was that age. Now, she's almost 13. rolleyes.gif

21. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Keep it up!

22. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Keep it up!

23. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    The rest of the day was spent finishing the last few scenes that were left. Cali left Ben with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon while she went through her scenes. Her feet hurt and she was beginning to get a headache, but she was able to keep in character and turn in another praised performance. It was wearing late into the day when Director finally yelled that they had shot the last scene.

?Oh, thank the Force,? Cali muttered as she came out of her embrace with Sarker.

?Are you that eager to get away from me?? Sarker asked with a half-smile. ?I didn?t think my breath was that bad.?

Cali grinned at the more bearable co-star. ?I can?t to get away from every single face around here. Bad breath or not. I?ve been around all of you for too long.?

?I know how you feel,? Sarker said, grinning back.

Cali moved to her chair, picking up the various items that had been dumped there throughout the day. Then she headed for the viewing area where the Jedi and her son her waiting. Her step slowed as she approached. Ben was sleeping in Obi-Wan?s arms, tuckered out from the long day. The Jedi were talking quietly, both stopping conversation as she approached.

?Good to see you again, Qui-Gon,? Cali greeted politely. ?I didn?t get a chance to say hello earlier.?

?Cali-Ana,? Qui-Gon nodded, his tone very polite and calm. Obi-Wan shot him a dark look. Cali wondered just what they had been discussing before she had interrupted them.

?I feel as if I?m not being a proper host,? Cali said. ?Beings how you are staying on my home planet. Would you care to go out to dinner or go to a show??

?That isn?t necessary,? Qui-Gon said lightly before Obi-Wan could speak. ?We do not mean to trouble you.? He stood up and nodded again to her, all politeness. ?We will be leaving now.?

Cali glanced at Obi-Wan, who was fuming. Something was in dispute between them and she did not want to intrude. ?Okay. Well, maybe some other time then,? she said with false cheerfulness. The Jedi Master?s coldness was beginning to bother her. She watched him go towards the entrance.

Obi-Wan stood up, still cradling the sleeping boy in his arms. ?I?m sorry about him, Cal,? he said quietly. ?I?ll talk to him.?

?No, it?s okay,? Cali said lightly, shaking her nerves off. ?I was afraid of how he would take the news of us.? She held out her arms to take Ben.

?I didn?t tell him,? Obi-Wan said quietly, his eyes gazing into hers. He moved the boy into her arms, still supporting him for a moment. ?He came to the conclusion that you are with someone else.?

Cali just nodded and fully took the burden of Ben. ?Thank you for watching him, Obi-Wan,? she said softly. She looked back at him, wanting to say something, but not knowing what. They stood there for a moment in silence, eyes meeting in a silent communication. Qui-Gon cleared his throat and Obi-Wan turned away. Cali watched him go, wondering why her heart felt so heavy.

24. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    Obi-Wan didn't tell him???

He's just going to let Qui-Gon think she was with someone else while she was seeing him???

Makes me a little angry at Obi-Wan.

25. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Hey, everyone's a critic . I bet Obi's just a little scared to tell Qui-Gon.

@ @ @

Obi-Wan wished he could slam a door, but this hotel was all sliding doors, so he was out of luck. It was probably just as best that there wasn?t anything to slam because it would have rated on his Master?s nerves. So, instead he satisfied himself with retreating to his room without a word to Qui-Gon.

It wasn?t like them to fight, but the apprentice couldn?t understand his Master?s sudden coldness towards Cali-Ana. Shouldn?t his Master encourage him to have fun on their so-called vacation?

Obi-Wan swore silently.

@ @ @

Qui-Gon watched his Padawan disappear into the other room. The Jedi Master sighed and turned away. Obi-Wan was angry with him no doubt, but what was he to do? The boy would only risk being hurt again if he let himself become involved with another woman. Not exactly another, but he still get his heartbroken. Didn?t his Padawan understand that Cali-Ana Angli was not loyal to him? That she was flighty and whimsical? There was the child to prove that she didn?t care for him! Yet Obi-Wan had looked after the boy as if it was his own. Ben had called Obi-Wan his best friend, and now Qui-Gon had to worry about how the boy would feel when they returned to the Temple.

Qui-Gon gave a sigh and sat down in the deeply cushioned couch. Obi-Wan was just a boy, at least in Qui-Gon?s heart. True he was the age of a young man, but it seemed that Obi-Wan had skipped a part of his growing up and had jumped from the hurt boy to the hardened man. It wasn?t right. Obi-Wan had grown up completely in just a day.

More than anything, Qui-Gon wanted to bring the curious and often mischievous boy back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.