main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Loyalties of a Padawan (JA fanfic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kim-kenobi, Apr 1, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melvil

Melvil Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2000
    Well, I'm glad you found it. But as long as the subject is up, I could use some help too. I really would like a jedi robe (and the whole costume if possible). Preferablly, a color scheme and desighn sort of like obi-wans. Could anybody give me any help? I have no expeiriance with sewing or anything, so I might just have to buy one, but its worth a try.

2. Flamberge

Flamberge Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2000
    Go to tfn.com....then click on TFN Theater, then Preproduction. There is located a page discussing how to make the jedi garb, and is the website I was seeking when I posted this. My wife and I just made the first outter robe tonight for my production. We used the person's website as a guide, changing it as we needed to. (some of the measurements etc weren't exactly right for what I wanted to accomplish. I should add that my wife is quite the sewing master so despite problems (like dealing with two-layer 18 foot fabric) things went smoothly overall. That should be your first place to look. good luck.

MTFBWY
    - Flamberge

3. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    A shortcut for a costume A la obi-wan's (or a base to start from, if you will) is to gou out and get a judo uniform. This is the basis of the jedi uniform that you see in the screenshots from my Axogon tutorial and that you will (hoping hoping hoping praying to the TFN theater gods) be seeing in the Trailer for Battle for the Zone. (Actually, if Azeem and Morpheus don't approve it I'll post it up on my website if I can get it down to a respectable size). A judo uniform runs about $35 US here in the SF bay area, and you augment it with a white Karate gi top, a utility belt, a sash, and some boots.
    HAve fun!
    -Lokmer

4. jidai_geki

jidai_geki Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2000
    where in the bay area do you live? i live in newark, i work in san jose.

5. lokmer

Mar 15, 2000
    I'm in Castro Valley. Hi, neighbor!
    -Lokmer

6. lokmer

Mar 15, 2000
    Jidai-geki, if you're interested, we'll be doing our final day of shooting tomorrow at Redwood Park in Oakland. We should be up there from around 8 or 9 AM until 1:30 or 2 pm. We'll be about 65 feet above and 30 yards to the right of the Pinehurst gate. If you'd (or any other bay area types) like to drop by, email me lokmer@bigfoot.com and I'll give you directions, and info on how to recognize me.
    -Lokmer

7. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    How to recognise u?
    "Ah yeah, ill be the one with the camera crew, in Jedi robes, and with large lightsaber sticks! Cant miss us"

8. Durga2000

Durga2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 1999
    Great story! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

9. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
  10. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.