main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN LSO Music of Hollywood Concert Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jar Jar, May 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    The London Symphony Orchestra, the orchestra John Williams used to play all of the Star Wars films, will be coming to Atlanta on September 7th as part of their Music of Hollywood Concert Tour. They will be playing music from Star Wars and many other films. In fact, here is the complete setlist:

Harry Potter

Titanic

Lord of Rings

Star Wars

Star Trek

Final Fantasy

Schindler?s List

ET

Rocky

Indiana Jones

Nightmare before Christmas

Jurassic Park

Out of Africa

Gone with the Wind

Lawrence of Arabia

Captain Blood

Where Eagles Dare

The Pink Panther

James Bond

The concert is at the Philips Arena and tickets run from $31.00 (deck seats) to $87.00 (floor seats) and the tickets are on sale now. At first I figured I'd go it alone, but this is going to be a great event and it's got some Star Wars goodness so I figured I'd throw it out there and see who all might want to go. Another reason is also to see if we can't meet up with the Atlanta FF chapter while we're out there for some added fun.

I'm figuring on doing a group order for tickets if there is interest (to guarantee they are together) this week so please get back to me about it as soon as possible. I know it's really short notice but I didn't know about it until TFN put it up (which was yesterday). Just let me know, and we'll go from there.

2. YodasQueen

YodasQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2003
    Sure why not, count me in, I will ask sissy tommorrow, unless i forget

3. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Oh, and I forgot to mention that there are also seats available in better parts of the lower deck for $64. Those seats would also be nice because you would have a really good view of the concert. If I had my druthers it would be a toss-up between there the floor seats right now, but the price is also much higher than anywhere else too.

Speaking of price, again I know this is short notice and that being able to come up with the money can be an issue. The concert is some time off still, so if you can't huck the expense now I'll cover it and we'll figure out some kind of arrangement for paying for it between now and then.

So that's one aboard, any other takers?

4. parrotheadprincess

parrotheadprincess Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2003
    Sounds good to me as well...

5. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    Hee hee I want floor seats, lol. But I am willing to do what ever anyone else wants to do.

6. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Well that would make three total.. Will there be any more? ?[face_plain]

I left a message for Dave so I should know something soon there. I'm actually kind of hoping everyone from FanForce will go now and that we all do floor seats because I just want to see how much this can cost.. lol

Seriously, counting me and Dave (if he goes) that would make six tickets and then with the service charges added that would make it 567.60. I'm not complaining or anything I'm just stating the cost, and that is some serious spread for a concert. It's gonna be great though, so it's worth it.

7. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    What ever you decide, I can pay you for mine at the next meeting, if you get them before then that is.

8. Sci-FiGal

Sci-FiGal Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2004
    Well, that's the day after the last day of Dragoncon, so I could either get an extra day at whatever hotel I'll be at and just meet you guys when you get there, or I could be cheep and come back monday then hitch a ride there and back tuesday. I'd kinda prefer the second... :) Count me in though, it'll be the neverending weekend for me, score!

9. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Is everyone wanting to do floor seating? I'll need to know because I figure I'm gonna place the order this Friday or Saturday (more than likely Saturday) and ticketmaster will definitely want to know.

I know Angi wants floor seats and I would prefer either floor seats or the ones on the lower deck I mentioned before, but it's all good to me no matter what. Just let me know between now and Saturday and that's what I'll order.

10. parrotheadprincess

parrotheadprincess Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2003
    I'm cool with whatever everyone else wants...

11. Sci-FiGal

Mar 7, 2004
    floor seats sounds good to me

12. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    Did we get tickets?

13. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    I haven't ordered the tickets yet, but there are two good reasons. For one I'm still waiting to hear from Dave who I think may want to go but hasn't called me back yet to let me know. Secondly the floor seats aren't that good and they are slowly moving to better seats. Right now they're on section 1 row V, some 22 rows back. I'm waiting on better seats in section 2 and that should open up this week or the next I'm sure. If not I will still go ahead and get tickets, but they are in no danger of selling out at this time. I figure if that opens up and I still haven't heard from Dave, I'll just buy them anyway.

Sorry to not respond sooner but I have been a.f.k. this weekend. I have had no time to really do much on the forums, but I was still checking ticketmaster off and on the whole time. If anything changes or I order the tickets I'll post it here asap.

14. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Well I talked to Dave and he's in for floor seats. It was a good thing I found that out today because things got a little better on the ticket front.

I figured I would check on the tickets and it looks like section 2 is full. They just filled section 1 and skipped to section 3 so I got tickets there. We will be on row T, seats 3-7. I had the tickets shipped via UPS 3-day so I should have everything before the next meeting. We actually ended up a little better off so it's good news all around. So you guys know the tickets came to $97.84 each, but we'll take care of that matter at the meeting.

If you guys have any questions, let me know.

15. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    Yippie!!

16. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Yippie is right, because it looks like Atlanta FF is planning to go to the concert and may meet up with us. I have a thread over there going right now about it, so feel free to swing by and say high or chime in with any suggestions because this is all in the planning stages.

Everything is shaping up well so far, I just kinda wish September wasn't so far off. :(

17. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    I went over and said hidee

18. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Man that was quick!

The tickets showed up today in the mail. I only ordered the standard 3 day, but I'm not complaining. Oh and off the subject but I forgot to let Minacia know we changed meeting date so they put us up for today on the FanForce website. It scared the dickens out of me at first because I thought I had forgotten it somehow, but I'm all better now.

19. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    That was quick!

LOL, I hope no one showed up today.

20. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    I tend to doubt it because they put up the notice the same day as the meeting. Oh well, if anyone did go hopefully they checked here and found out the date had been changed and they will make it out next week, if not, I will send them a slice of pizza from the next meeting. ;)

21. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    LOL

I just read your atlanta post... you do know we could all go in on a hotel room, split between us all it shouldn't be that bad, but its up to you guys.

22. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Sorry about not responding sooner, but I have been sick (and busy) for a few days. I feel better and things have slowed down so here's my two cents.

I thought about bringing up having somewhere to stay but like I said in my post on the Atlanta board I work late so being out late at night doesn't bother me much. I mean having a room would give us a place to change and clean up (if needed) and it would be kind of nice not to have to hurry back, but then again there is also the added expense and having to stay over for another day.

Anyway, I did a search about it on hotels.com and it turned up about 10 hotels within a mile of the arena. We would need two rooms for five people because there is a limit of four per room and it looks like it would be about $30-40 a person at most of the places.

We'll talk about it more at the meeting, but if you guys want to do this and have any preferences on where to stay or whatever please let me know.

23. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    First off, thanks for the money on the ticket Angi! That's one down, three to go but I don't even have a bill for it yet so there is no rush.

We discussed (somewhat) whether or not to get a room in Atlanta, and while I haven't heard from Rose yet it looks like everyone else is in favor of having somewhere to stay. That's cool with me, but I am not going to charge the rooms until I have at least most of the money for the concert tickets. If it was up to me I would just charge the rooms now but it's not my card and on top of that it has a fairly large charge on it from me already, so I can't do it yet.

If you guys would rather book a room sooner Angi has graciously offered to charge it to her debit card so it can be done ASAP. The only questions now are if Rose also wants to stay somewhere (which would also determine whether we need one room or two) and where do we want to stay.. So what do you want to do Rose?

24. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    I figured I wouldn't see this for another week or so, but the credit card statement has come in and the ticket charges are on it. I am going to go ahead and pay this tommorrow because the bill will come up due before the 18th, but I'm going to need at least some of the ticket money from everyone involved (except for Angi, because she's paid up) by the next meeting. I'm not going to require a certain amount or anything like that but I will need some money so I can defray the out of pocket expense.

If you guys have any questions or there are circumstances where you cannot pay anything, just let me know. Thanks!

25. Sci-FiGal

Mar 7, 2004
    Sorry for the lack-o-replies. I thought I'd have better access to a compy here in VA. I also realized after the fact that I should have worked out getting you the money for my ticket some how before I left, but I'll be back for a few days this tuesday, so I'll definatly get it to you somehow then.
    As for a room, I think by then I'll have enough to cover a share so count me in for a group room. I'll post something more when I get back into town and have more time online... or atleast see you guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.