main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo LTUE Symposium

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MiaTieska, Jan 26, 2004.

1. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Hi everyone! I know it's been awhile since I've posted...been busy, I keep forgetting to check the board! Anyway, we (the LTUE committee) are trying to get the word out to as many people as possible.

The LTUE (Life, the Universe, & Everything) symposium, held every year at BYU, was scheduled to take place this year on March 11-13. Or so we thought.

It will now be held February 19-21. If any of you were planning on attending in March, please make note of this in your planners and pass on the word to anyone who was planning on coming. And pass the word along anyway, we still need people to show up! :)

We're currently trying to rearrange and redo things, including contacting guests and seeing if they can come three weeks earlier. We will still have at least two or three of the original guests listed on LTUE's website, http://www.ltue.byu.edu . (Don't pay attention to the schedule of events page, it's still last year's.)

Also, if any of you would like to volunteer for panels, there will be a master list created very shortly containing panels for all tracks (media, writing, create your own world, academic, and art). We also desperately need "gophers" (volunteers who go for things and fill random jobs). Panels and panelists information will be finalized this weekend, so I'll get the information out as soon as possible.

Email me at mayflowers701@yahoo.com if you have questions or are interested in helping out. :) Remember to pass the word along! We don't want people showing up in March when they could have come in February. :)

-Mia
    aka April

2. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings April,

I might be interested in helping out again. My schedule in February is pretty busy, but it's possible that something could be worked out. Feel free to send me a PM or E-mail if you have something in mind.

Anyone else?

Later,

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I can be a gopher.

4. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Cool! If you want to be a gopher or help out in any way, the easiest thing to do is to go to ltue.byu.edu and click on Volunteers in the frame at the top left.

The mega-list of panels and events can be found here: ltue.byu.edu/events.html

I'll be putting together the media track schedule this weekend but I can still use some more panelists...so if you're interested, let me know ASAP. :)

We've got some fun events planned...we're still going to have a banquet Saturday night (not hosted by Quill & the Sword like it was last year) but the theme will be The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. A bunch of hodge-podge from lots of different fandoms will be represented, and a lot of the proceeds from the tickets to the dinner will go to the Space Education Center in PG.

Also, don't forget about the opening reception on Wed., February 18 at Barnes and Noble in Orem. :)

-Mia

5. LeiaTygre

LeiaTygre Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    I want to come :( But I am living too far away to come. I would LOVE to be a gopher, but I don't think that's going to happen.

6. LiberalDrew

LiberalDrew Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2002
    I wish I could take you to it!