main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lucas arts theme park

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by loganslay, Jun 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loganslay

loganslay Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    I as just thinking about how f'incool it would be if Lucas made his own theme park, covering his biggest hits Indiana Jones and SW. I mean crap I'd go there all the damn time... plus I bet it would out sell or come very close to Disney world/land...

what do you guys think?

oh and Lucas if you acctually read these... give me props for the idea :)

2. Laserschwert

Laserschwert Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2001
    Well, that would be more like a "Lucasfilm"-theme-park.

I would like to see a REAL "LucasArts"-park... covering mainly "Monkey Island", but also "Day of the Tentacle", "Loom", and "Sam & Max"...

3. Steve19777

Steve19777 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2001
    or join the two together, have films/tv shows and computer game characters + worlds and call it "LUCAS LAND"

Us three should get honorary membership!

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Waaaay too slow, Jedi Bib's had one in the works for years;

Lucasland

5. loganslay

loganslay Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    there is someone who's always ahead of me... damn

how bout Lucasworld?
    or Lucas Galaxy?

I would also think it cool to have rides and attractions for the games and other stuff...

I can totally imagine escape from monkey island the ride, and full throttle.

I mean Disney's great and all... but I would travel halfway around the world each year to go to a theme park like that...

6. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Wasn;t my idea, I only built the site. All credit goes to Luuke Skywalker of Jedi Talk.

7. Laserschwert

Jun 25, 2001
    Monkey Island would be PERFECT as a theme park attraction... or several! Just imagine: Strolling through the streets of Méleê-island, having a drink at the Scumm-Bar, watching the Fetuccini-Brothers at their circus and riding the "Rollercoaster of Death"... what do you want more?

OK, maybe visiting Edison manor, watching Conroy Bumpus live on stage and visiting "The World's Largest Ball of Twine". Ah, I'd LOVE to see those things...

8. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    The Monkey Island section could serve sno-cones made of ice, pie, pepper, dog hair, tofu and paste. Mmmmm-mmmmmm!

I think the carnival at the start of Sam & Max could also be a winner to recreate.

9. Laserschwert

Jun 25, 2001
    Right... the "Carnival of the Odd"...

10. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    Dumpling boy and tap head man would be crowd winners for sure. The tunnel of love would be shut down every few minutes as yet another person slams their face into the electrics...

11. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    A Lucasland could work. It could have Indiana Jones and Star Wars stuff. The financial burden(mighty big investment) would probably be shared with Fox.

12. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    Woo-hoo! My friends and I have been jokingly tossing around this idea for years now. I'd love to see it happen for real. With two of the most successful movie franchises in history - Indiana Jones and Star Wars - LucasLand would have an enmormously-popular foundation for a themepark.

Somebody should talk with Steve Sansweet at Lucasfilm and see if there's ANY chance that something like this is in the works.

13. KaaShamau

Aug 15, 2000
    Disney must already have something worked out with Lucas to already have Star Wars and Indiana rides, does anybody know what exactly?

14. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    With two of the most successful movie franchises in history - Indiana Jones and Star Wars - LucasLand would have an enmormously-popular foundation for a themepark.

And as has been mentioned before there is a lot of scope for rides with tie-ins to Lucasarts original game concepts;

Monkey Island
    Maniac Mansion / Day of the Tentacle
    Sam & Max
    Full Throttle
    Grim Fandango
    Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe
    Gladius
    RTX Red Rocks

etc...

15. Laserschwert

Jun 25, 2001
    As far as I know (though I've never been out of Europe) there's and Indiana Jones stunt show, besides "Star Tours", of course.

16. KaaShamau

Aug 15, 2000
    The french Disneyland also has a rollercoaster (backwards).

17. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Wierd synchronicity here. I too have thought of the same thing evry once in a while over the last 6 years.

LOL! That sketch of Lucasland is brilliant! Somebody pulled that right out of my head. Wow. :D

18. ANAKIN13

ANAKIN13 Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2002
    They could also have a star wars store there that has every single star wars thing ever made in it to buy.It could also be a muesum.

19. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Unlocked and 'upped' to prevent re-autolocking, as part of the LFP Index project

20. AOTCStarwchic

AOTCStarwchic Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2002
    That would be so cool. I'd definately go all the time. And it would be cool if they had a "speeder bike ride" because I've always wanted to ride one of those ever since I saw them. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.