main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Lucas: Force Awakens not about Skywalker grandchildren

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by rezpen, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    Well, this is what MSW has dropped for the past few weeks. Given that the teaser pretty much confirmed a lot of what MSW had to say, I'm a believer. Especially considering that a part of the flashback made it into the teaser (Luke saying goodbye to Artoo), applying logic, if MSW was confirmed on that part of the flashback, I have to believe that the rest of what he has spoiled as to the flashback (including the academy massacre and Rey's reaction to remembering) is fairly accurate. But, I guess we can agree to disagree.

Jobertus likes this.
  2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    who knows? this thread certainly hasn't helped.

Toonimator and kip73 like this.
  3. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    Lucas probably had an idea that involved a lot of Skywalker descendent. As he mentioned, kids and grandkids. Here, we probably have two, and both are secrets. It probably doesn't look similar at all in his eyes.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  4. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Given Lucas' last go at Star Wars story treatments, JJ and KK made the right choice, IMO. Feel like a bullet was dodged.

Heero_Yuy likes this.
  5. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    Rey must be Han and Leia's daughter but she probably is not a Jedi when the movie begins. I think the OT narrative by Luke is a pretty big hint, and is directed at her.

I've been thinking all along that Kylo Ren might not be entirely evil. We've seen someone go from the light to the dark side. It would be interesting to see the opposite, especially if he ends up being Han and Leia's "other" child.

Finn is probably a completely new character, unrelated to anyone from the OT. I think he will become a Jedi, maybe learn the ways of the Force (along with Rey, possibly) from Luke? It's not really a crazy or far-fetched idea.

Jobertus and Knessa84 like this.
  6. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    I think the characters and relationships are similar or the same as what Lucas had in his treatment. However, the story and script are completely different (as has been said).

Jobertus likes this.
  7. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    are people forgetting that two children were hidden from dark forces before? why not one? taken by the vicar perhaps.

8. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Didn't Lucas say once in an interview when asked about the EU that in his version Luke wouldn't get married or have kids? If so that means he always planned for the legacy children to be Solos. And if JJ didn't use Lucas's treatments that means there probably aren't any Solo children. Rey Skywalker confirmed.;)

9. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    There could possibly be three children - one taken by dark forces, one by herself and the other being watched over by a force user.

Jobertus likes this.
  10. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
    I used to think this too, but there was a lot that had to be changed in the MSW speculation. Like the manner in which Finn and Poe escape prison. (Wasn't Rey supposed to break them out?)

Anyway, concerning the flashback, Luke leaving Artoo isn't exactly what we were shown. we just saw him( we think it's him) put an arm on Artoo near a fire.

And why leave him behind?

idk. all of what you said may be right (there's a big chance) but there are a lot of wholes.

11. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    The fact that Lucas says that his original treatments involved Anakin's grandchildren and that the new direction for the story doesn't really isn't open to interpretation. It's possible that his statement is wrong, but if it's not, there really isn't any way to interpret it other than that none of the new protagonists are in any way directly blood-related to Anakin, Luke, or Leia.

12. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    This Thread is useless the first post doesn't even mention this from the article.[face_not_talking]
    followed later by which was the first post
    did Lucas just contradict himself in the same article???:p

13. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002

No. Knowing that his original stories - which involved the grandchildren of Anakin - aren't being used and that things have gone in a different direction isn't contradictory to stating that he doesn't know anything about said 'different direction' or the stories that are now being told as a result of said different direction.

14. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    that's not how I read it.:p

15. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I think Lucas is in cahoots with JJ in attempting to sow confusion and disinformation among us. :p

16. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002

How else would you have read it?

There's really no ambiguity in what he said. His original stories involved the grandchildren of Anakin, and said stories are no longer being used and things have gone in a different direction, one which doesn't involve Anakin's grandchildren as players in the story. It really isn't that difficult to grasp what he meant in wording his comments the way that he did.

It's very possible that his comments are wrong, but if they're not, they're the strongest indicator we've had to date that there aren't any "legacy" characters in the film(s).

17. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    ^ If thats truly the case then please explain the purpose and meaning of Luke's voiceover in the teaser?

starocean90 likes this.
  18. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    He's addressing his narration - if it's actually in the film - to one or more persons who, like himself, his father, and his sister, are Force-sensitives/Jedi. The use of the narration in the trailer, in the instance that none of our new protagonists are directly blood-related to the Skywalker/Solo line, is an indication that at least one of them is a Force-sensitive, and that the story involves said person(s) learning to harness and use their powers.

19. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    He won't be thrilled when he finds out they killed han solo

20. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Correct me if I'm wrong guys, I have read a lot of GL quoted about the ST and most of them are vague about themes or passing torches but is this the first time he's directly said its about Skywalker grandchildren?

21. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    "They're doing a different story" and then "I know nothing about it".

Well WTH George? Which is it?

starocean90 and Force Smuggler like this.
  22. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    Does anybody really believe Lucas's quotes? [face_liarliar]

Heero_Yuy and Force Smuggler like this.
  23. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002

Not necessarily (as I've said a few times already in various places).

24. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

No, you're right. I read your post after I posted mine and edited it. It could just mean: "My family has it and you(non-Skywalker person) have it too."

I'm okay with a non-Skywalker person. I'm also good if it is a Skywalker.

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm judging the ST movies on their own merits. On whether I like them or not. No outside influence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.