Lucas gives Episode 3 hints...

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by SLAVE2, Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLAVE2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Report on TheForce.net

Dont read in case its spoiler material and such, I wasnt sure if it was as its Lucas saying the stuff. If its not allowed here sorry :(
  2. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Being new to the non-spoiler area, I don't think it's considered spoilers if it is officially released info by Lucas himself. I'm not sure though.
  3. slavegirl Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't think that's considered a spoiler seeing as it was said by Lucas. I've read it, and the stuff about Qui-Gon's voice sounds interesting. :D
  4. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    If its not allowed here sorry

Yeah well, you better be! :p

Actaully, nothing really new was revealed. Nothing of importance anyway.
  5. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    But the hints given (not really Qui-Gon's stuff because I knew that was coming) about the Vader scene and Boba are interesting...
  6. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Like I've said before, I just hope that lil' Bobby doesn't do any killing in Episode III. I think that would be a bit much.
  7. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Well, it will probably all come out later, but just for being safe's sake, I'm not going to read it. :)
  8. Vonn Jedi Master

star 4
    1930's or 1940's??

Why does this give me the feeling Palpatine will tell Anakin something, then suddenly weird harp music will start playing as a shot of Anakin fades into Vader (like how old movies did morphing effects before "morphing" was invented)?

Those 1930's and 40's movies were weird when they did stuff like that.
  9. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "1930's or 1940's??"

Think "Frankenstein" ;)

Maybe Palpatine clasps his hands, and says, "I've created a monster! A monster!"

8-}
  10. hew Force Ghost

star 4
  11. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    I think the hints are very interesting, especially the Anakin-Vader part. I can't wait to hear more.
  12. Luke_Clone Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually I'm forseeing some "shadow direction" ala "The Big Sleep" etc etc. For some reason I think that Lucas is drawing upon a Bogart film for inspiration here... why I have no idea.
  13. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    I think his references to the 30's and 40's have to do with Nazis. If you look at all the stuff in the series, the Empire has much in common with Nazis. Hitler was voted into the position of Supreme Chancellor of Germany before he turned himself into a dictator, like Palpatine. The name Stormtrooper comes from the Nazis. And like the Nazis, the Empire seems to have a white supremacists outlook, as there are no aliens in their ranks. Also, look at Lucas' Indiana Jones series, the Nazis are a big part of that, too.

I can't quite figure out how this exactly fits in with Anakin, but I suspect there will be further correlations to the rise of the Nazis in Germany and Europre.
  14. Patches Jedi Knight

star 3
    Beware: if you didn't read the article, don't read the post below

I agree with stormcloud. I think it definitely has something to do with the Nazis. I'm not quite sure exactly what it has to do with Anakin, but note that he said that it has to do with the vocabulary of the time. I'm not sure what vocab. he'll use for Anakin, but I think it'll have something to do with the Nazis.

It's now safe for anyone who chose not to read the article. I just thought I'd give the hard-core spoiler-free a little warning. :)
  15. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well I guess those "Boba is going to become a huge bounty hunter, speed up his age, and ice Windu" people are going to be disappointed. ;)

Can anyone explain to me what Lucas meant about the "1930's, 40s" reference when describing the scene where Anakin turns?
  16. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    Well I am glad that GL is keeping this thing with Boba simple. Even though I dont care for the bounty Hunter, its good to see he has a role in EP3. I'll leave my thoughts for another time on that.

But I too am puzzled by what Lucas refers to when he talks of the vocabulary being very 1930/40's . Thats very cryptic. Kind of really confuses me on what it will be like when anakin becomes Vader.
    Another question, does he mean when Anakin physically becomes Vader? Or when Anakin is turned and becomes the new Sith Apprentice? Boy thats confusing.
  17. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    So he means they'll talk like the 30s and 40s? :confused:
  18. SLAVE2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Vader will walk out and knee before Palpatine, then pull out his favourite teddy bear and whisper..I dont think we're in Tatooine anymore Bobo.
  19. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    I might have interpreted that wrong actually.

I think he means a descriptive manner of the scene rather than what they speak.
  20. Patches Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ah, that's a good point. He says "in the vocabulary of". Well, he certainly did a good job of "not giving anything away". I'm still stumped.
  21. StarDude Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, some of the biggest things in the 1930s and 40s were the Great Depression, the ignitiation of World War II, and the call for industry (building tanks, planes, ships, bombs, etc.)
  22. Jabachile Jedi Master

star 4
    I can smell the Flash Gordan references already...
  23. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, we already knew that there was gonna be a lot of bad stuff happening. :p
  24. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
  25. Luke_Clone Jedi Master

star 4
    "Pretty neat little thing." When I think of Nazi cinema I think of Triumph of the Wills which the end of AOTC apparently was inspired by. I still feel that it is going to be along the lines of American Cinema in the 1930s/1940s.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.