main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lucas Gives You Power To Elimanate Any PT Character...Who?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by sword_of_raditz, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SKSeven

SKSeven Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    Hmmm...

No one at all.

2. sword_of_raditz

sword_of_raditz Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    *alarm sounds*
    Arrest The-D! He elimanated Jar-Jar!

Jar-Jar: Meesa dontsa wantsa to besa hated!

Hmm? *uses Death Star and blows Jar-Jar up* Stupid Jar-Jar...

3. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Main character: Mace

Minor character: Ric 'Captain Obvious' Olie

4. Sebulba_Wins

Sebulba_Wins Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2005
    Count Dooku because then hopefully we'd get Maul to be the villain at least until the point that Dooku died in ROTS.

5. sword_of_raditz

Jun 2, 2005
    I like Count Dooku! :mad:

6. sword_of_raditz

Jun 2, 2005
  7. theschuylkillflyer

theschuylkillflyer Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2005
    That condescending Jedi librarian who tried to make Obi-Wan look like an idiot.

8. ___Obi-1___

___Obi-1___ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2004
    Jar Jar Binks...:oops:

9. ___Obi-1___

___Obi-1___ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2004

Oh, yeah, and he would be a wise and respected leader of the Separatists...?

[face_laugh]

10. sword_of_raditz

Jun 2, 2005
    I can see Darth Maul stroking his horns in thought... :oops:

11. Sima_Sith

Sima_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2005
    major character: Mace Windu

minor character the guy that goes, "OW!" in TPM in the hangar bay before they reach darth maul at the end. Lets face it, the whole point of TPM was to get rid of that guy, so lets just go ahead and take him out. thus having no point fo TPM, that movie doesnt need to be made, thus n o Jar Jar!

12. Tyson

Tyson Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2005
    Hmmm...any character you say? I guess....I'll pick...Does that boga count as a character? If it does I want that boga out of episode 3 now.

13. That_Jedi_Guy

That_Jedi_Guy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2005
    Jango Fett

He takes away alot of the mystery of Boba Fett from the OT.

14. Kenobis_Babe

Kenobis_Babe Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 9, 2002
    Pffft! My choice is Jar-Jar Binks, I don't care if you like it or not. He added nothing useful to the movie and his screentime wasn't necessary to the PT.

Second runner up is Qui-Gon Jinn. It was a part that could have been incorporated into Obi-wan's character. Also, it's unnecessary to have him mentioned in ROTS. Yoda would have been a better choice for being the one who had learned the secret of becoming one with the force, then passing that knowledge onto Obi-wan in exile.

15. Sebulba_Wins

Sebulba_Wins Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2005
    Yep. Plenty of warrior leaders in history. In SW you need look no further than Vader to see such a character.

16. DarthTrooper

DarthTrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Not so much the character,but I think my little brother would have been a better part for Anakin. Really. wait, no...eh..I don't care...I don't Really take TPM that seriously anyway, Political,PoliticalI-) I thought Star Wars takes you away from reality,not put you back in to media clutter....ah well,shouldn't be nit-picky.

I must get rid of young Bobo Fett and Jengo Fett!

Yes,Jengo is awsome I guess,his fanbase combined with adult Boba is huge too,I will admit,
    but it ruins it for boba I believe![face_hypnotized]

The whole toughie,loner,mysterious bounty hunter from TESB and ROTJ is completely gone because we know all about him now,and,all I can think of is the snot-faced clone kid in AOTC. It just kinda of ruined it for me.

I hear tell they will be using Boba in the TV series,but they will be casting that kid to show him progress his ranks to be be the top bounty hunter..Boba: GOOD!:)
    KID BOBA: BAD!:mad: [face_frustrated] :_|

17. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001

- General Grievous = More screentime for Christopher Lee and no cartoonish supervillian goony cyborg thingy.

18. sword_of_raditz

Jun 2, 2005

Not counted. Your Jin comment is counted, though.

19. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    Yes, not counting Jar Jar Stinks, I`d eliminate the toothpick battle droids. They aren`t scary or intimidating. In fact, most of the time they seem quite fragile. The super battle droids should have been used in TPM instead since they are much more imposing.

I also would eliminate Anakin as a "boy" character and have him be around the same age as Padme (14 or more.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Kenobis_Babe:

Qui-Gon Jinn. It was a part that could have been incorporated into Obi-wan's character.

^ Right on! I liked Qui-Gon, but I totally agree that his part should have been reserved for Obi-wan. I figured the PT would have been about the friendship between Obi-wan and Anakin from the day they first met, to their final confrontation in ROTS. I`ve always felt that the roles of Qui-Gon and Obi-wan should have been reversed, especially at the end of TPM, i.e. that Obi-wan looses his apprentice (Qui-Gon) to Darth Maul and takes Anakin as his new Padawan, despite the misgivings of Yoda and the Jedi counsel. I think that would have been the opportunity to show how his character feels he must compensate for his loss and perceived failure over the death of Qui-Gon. In addition, it may also have had more of an emotional impact in regards to his training Anakin against the counsel`s wishes, as well as elluding to Obi-wan`s "reckless" decisions (which his force ghost mentions in Empire Strikes Back.)

20. NeoBaggins

NeoBaggins Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

Qui Gon is my favorite characetr since Han Solo, but he has no place here and is rather useless, and taking up space and creating continuity problems. Get rid of Jinn and we may have the story that was originally implied: The one about Obi Wan Kenobi and his pupil Anakin Sky Walker.

21. emobus

emobus Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2005
    I agree about Captain Typho. I liked Panaka a lot (and in the TPM video game he was my favourite character to play) and I was bummed that he was replaced.

22. Jandekian_Overlord

Jandekian_Overlord Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2005
    It's with some hesitation that I nominate the inimitable Nute Gunray.

Sorry, guys!

23. JediSteve30

JediSteve30 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    I'd eliminate Boss Nass

24. Darth_Spartan

Darth_Spartan Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2005
    Major: Padme as queen in Episode 1, her costumes were ridiculous.

Minor: Panaka, he's a coward.

25. Bolivian_Falcon

Bolivian_Falcon Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2005
    The kid who says "Let's go play ball!" After looking at Anakin's pod in Episode I...what a twerp!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.