main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lucas internships

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by JediMasterNeo, Aug 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterNeo

JediMasterNeo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2001
    I am considering applying for an internship at a Lucas company in the near future.

Has anyone here done this? Which company did you intern for? How was it?

2. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    Go for it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Let us know what it was like, if you're one of the fortunate.

3. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    I would read this.

4. darthmomm

darthmomm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    A good friend of mine worked as an intern on TPM, he got the internship through his school. I forgot the name of the school, it is in Boston. Darn, I hate it when that happens. He had a great time, but he had to sign a non disclosure statement.

He told me anyways :)

5. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    Go to ILM-JOBS.com and click on intership. There is an actual 22 page booklet you can download and you can apply on-line. I do know that you have to be no less than a Junior in college and have to be returning to school full-time after the internship is done. Students with a 3.3 GPA get looked at first but they really want a 3.5 or higher. Don't even bother if it's less than a 3.0. It is extremely competative. They offer FALL/SPRING as well as SUMMER interships and they are paid. Keep in mind GL owns about 7 or 8 different companies and each has many individual departments. The best bet is to specialize in some field. For example in the Production side if you go to film school do editing or cinematography, computer animation, or art. They have business degree needs as well as computer programer needs. Remember it is a corporation and GL has over 2000 employees. I do know that you can't get an internship without being in college and they do not offer apprenticeships either. Good luck.

P.S. I graduate in April from film-school, and even though I didn't get an internship I will stil be sending in my resume. Never give up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.