main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lucas is fine at the helm..

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Sitara, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Much has been made of Lucas's flaws as a writer/director. And Iagree there are area's which could use improvements.Honestly however, I personally enjoy much of his writing. When I watch StarWars its not for deep, oscar nominated acting, philosophical dialogue, emotionally moving scenes etc. I watch Star Wars for entertainment. For the thrilling lightsaber duels, eye popping special effects, the vast and sometimes wacky, epicness of it all.

For me, it just wouldn't be Star Wars without the cheese.

Thats why I hope Lucas has a large hand in the T.V. series. At most, i would say Lucas should work together with an 'editor' who can help him work out the more obvious kinks in his scripts. Overall,

Lucas made this SAGA, and Lucas knows it best.

Thoughts?

Vortigern Edit: This thread simply does not belong in Saga. Please try the PT Forum.

2. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    I agree wholeheartedly, but prepare your flamesuit... The "I-Know-Star-Wars-Better-Than-Lucas" crowd will be jumping down your throat for daring to bring up such a subject.

Yancy

3. Darth_Bumble

Darth_Bumble Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2003
    I concur. Just remember, no matter what flames you have to endure, that there are at least two of us who agree.

4. tuskinraiderfromhell

tuskinraiderfromhell Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2004

Make that three!:D=D=

Lucas is Star Wars, period!

5. morpha2

morpha2 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2005
    I think Lucas belongs at the helm, too. I just wish he'd have been a more responsible CEO and delegated the writing/directing of some of the prequels. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.