main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lucas is fooling us... again?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Theory55, Jul 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theory55

Theory55 Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 3, 2004
    I was just thinking.. I totally support the new changes in the DVD's. I totally support Hayden being in ROTJ.

That said.. didn't george once shoot (edit: ok, so he only wrote) an alternate scene to the famous revelation scene in ESB telling luke that Obiwan was his father.. and the purpose of that was to FOOL PEOPLE INTO THINKING IT'S LEGIT?

I think this because of a few reasons.

The changes look very professionally done. Except some of the parts of the scene with Anakin's new head. That makes me think that ILM actually did this stuff, but just to leak on the web to throw people off.

The rips/VIDEO-OF-NEW-ANAKIN haven't been removed by LFL. I mean, if this stuff is getting out, they would remove it from the huge fansites like, so QUICKLY.

So the combination of them looking very professionally done, and the fact that they haven't been removed from the big websites.. makes me think that lucas is fooling us. Just like he fooled people with the twist in ESB.

Truthfully.. i think it's all legit except the "new anakin" scene with hayden. I DO THINK THAT WILL HAPPEN ON THE DVD AND LET ME REPEAT : I DO WANT TO SEE IT HAPPEN. I WANT HAYDEN IN ROTJ. But i think what we've seen is a Work in progress.. or a hoax delivered from Lucas himself. It just doesn't sit right.

thanks for listening

TLJ Edit: And this couldn't have gone into the DVD thread why?

2. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Join your fellow members who don't believe the Hayden changesover here:

http://boards.theforce.net/Classic_Trilogy/b10002/14958333/p375

Lucas has better things to do than fooling us. Episode III for example.

btw the ESB fooling was just dialogue, not footage.

You're only fooling yourself by questioning this Lowry Digital Enhanced DVD rip.

3. HP_HoverCraft

HP_HoverCraft Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2003
    hey. i understand what he is saying but why not ya know? i always wondered (as most of us) that why change ANakin and not Obi Wan.

4. Theory55

Apr 3, 2004
    Please, darth china, don't be so defensive..

I said before, I support and believe the change that hayden WILL replace shaw in the end of ROTJ.

Did you read my complete post? I think it's possible that this video clip that is out is perhaps a work in progress or a hoax by lucas. I totally think the screen captures and the other stuff (Rancor matte/new enhanced screenshots) are totally real. But isn't it possible someone stuck this in there with all that, just to fool us? And i'm talkin someone professional?

Keep in mind, all lucas has to do is order someone else to produce the fake, and he's done with it. All I'm saying.. is Lucas has made an effort to fool the fans before for the sake of keeping a secret.

Maybe he is keeping some final secret? I'm just trying to start a discussion.. I think it's definately possible and probable that what we have seen is real. but dont you think it's also kind of likely that this is something... incomplete?

5. TheDarkShape

TheDarkShape Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    But Lucas doesn't gain anything by leaking the footage out. 'Empire' was shot the way it was in case any tabloid-happy crewman decided to leak out the secret. It was a security measure, not an intentional leak. As for shutting down websites, nobody is hosting it. This thing is circulating in newsgroups and IRC, not something you can just shut down.

6. Theory55

Apr 3, 2004
    Well people are posting links on mf.com and theforce.net

i would think that they would at least tell them to remove the links, ya know?

Okay so if you guys don't think it's a hoax by lucas... couldn't it also very well likely be an INCOMPLETE CLIP? I mean it's just as possible that an incomplete clip/work in progress was released as a real clip... right?

7. TheDarkShape

TheDarkShape Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    Very doubtfull. The DVD release is in less than two months -- the discs have to be completed by now. Unless this is a rip of an earlier version, which is extremely unlikely, this is what we're going to be seeing come Sept. 21.

8. Theory55

Apr 3, 2004
    But why is it extremely unlikely for it to be a rip of an earlier version? I don't understand how you came to that conclusion.

(also, i haven't said this.. But if this clip IS INDEED REAL, i AM pretty much satisfied with it :). I just have a gut feeling it isn't complete.)

PS why is twilek jedi such a spiteful mod with an attitude? take a lesson from the 3sa mods. they are polite when someone makes a mistake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.