main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"lucas is going to add the cgi later, right?"

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by neo_mp5, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erus_multus2

erus_multus2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 11, 2005
    Just watched it. Awesomeness.

So, anyone start rotoscoping the lightsaber fight yet?

:D

2. chris_rw

chris_rw Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2006
    If anyone liked the short clip of the trooper getting hit with birdshot in the montage, here's the full submission we did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoEQ56EJaec

3. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Lol, I'll bet George Lucas didn't do anything himself in 'his' entry.

4. beafet

beafet Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 12, 2001
    So, who won?

[face_plain]

5. Just_Joe

Just_Joe Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 9, 2002
    My favorite part was when Stephen leaped out of the jedi starfighter in George Lucas's entry. :D

I doubt Stephen expected his funny little green screen bit to ever turn into a real competition when he recorded it. :)

6. MKane

MKane Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Well, according to Colbert, theres no real winner because the greenscrren competition isn't a real competition....

But George L got a 39.9 and the other lady got a 40. George walked away with an irregular size Colbert Report Tshirt and a mug. :) The lady got an undisclosed prize

7. BigOlaf-aka-TheSarge

BigOlaf-aka-TheSarge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    i thought he said in the beginning that it was 500 dollars?

he didn't retract the statement, i don't think.

8. WeirdHat

WeirdHat Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2003
    The contest with the $500 prize was the unofficial one. I was winning that, but the guy running it disappeared a few weeks ago and then the web page disappeared a couple days ago...

9. Kaurotu

Kaurotu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2006
    Well on last's night's episode I thought the that lady who won did an "ok" job. I laughed though when Stephan said only "George L". But yeah, ILM did his for him. That's why I think Stephan gave the winning to that one lady. He didn't want to look like a jerk on national television saying that Lucas's was the best.

Good show though.

10. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Did anyone happen to see a video that shows the discussion between Lucas and Colbert?
    I haven't seen one yet, but I would like to see what they talk about.

11. Whiteley79

Whiteley79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Yeah, i just watched it over at colberts site. Its got the talk with george and a small lightsaber fight between george and steve. funny stuff.

12. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    I watched it. It was mildly funny. They were playing off George being a regular guy for awhile, Colbert asked how long he was a fan of star wars for a long time, yada yada

The best part was when Colbert said he owned all the movies at home, and George said he had them all except for Episode I.

13. Zurita-Films

Zurita-Films Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2006
    Browse around the videos on this page and you'll find it. I love George's sense of humor! I wish I recorded this on my DVR, does anyone know if they rerun episodes?

George and Steve

14. Just_Joe

Just_Joe Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 9, 2002
    Or maybe it's just funnier to make the creator of Star Wars lose to a person who made their clip on a home computer! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.