Lucas lied about Red Tails being the first action movie with an all black cast.

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Nagai, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nagai Jedi Youngling

star 3
    There is the other movie about the same squadron and Miracle ST. Anna soo on...

Discuss.

We already have a Red Tails thread: http://boards.theforce.net/your_jedi_council_community/b10008/31833240/p1/
  2. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    No need to pile on. It's already a box office flop.
  3. imperial_dork Manager Emeritus

star 6
  4. Nagai Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I am really curious whetehwer the Forcecast will mention or notice it.
  5. morrison85 Force Ghost

star 5
    A movie with only rugby players as cast :p ?
  6. Souderwan Chosen One

star 6
    I think he said it was the first "big budget" action film with an all black cast. The Tuskegee Airmen, which preceded this one (Short summary: Same story, better writing & acting, worse special effects) was a made-for-TV movie by HBO.

Listening to George Lucas talk about how Hollywood execs wouldn't even watch the film, let alone assist in distributing and marketing it was sad beyond words.

And since the movie didn't do well, as they predicted, I guess I'll be stuck watching Will Smith and Denzel Washington not kissing white women for the forseable future.

Yay.
  7. Kiki-Gonn Chosen One

star 6
    In case facts matter, the movie is consistently described as performing better than expected and well above it's genre comps by boxofficeguru and similar sites.

It's obviously not a blockbuster but it's not a flop.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    EDIT: Why waste such a controversial post on a locked thread...? Thanks, Dave...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.