main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lucas o buducnosti Hollywooda

Discussion in 'Archive: Croatia' started by Amon_Amarth, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Clanak na TFNu:

Lucas predviða propast Hollywoodskih blockbustera

"The market forces that exist today make it unrealistic to spend $200 million on a movie," said Lucas, a near-billionaire from his feverishly franchised outer-space epics. "Those movies can't make their money back anymore. Look at what happened with 'King Kong.'" The portly Lucas, whose "Star Wars" sequel was nominated for the Oscar in makeup, was clearly in Yoda mode at Saturday's Weinstein Co. party ? Harvey Weinstein's first Oscar bash since he abandoned Miramax to Disney last year. "I think it's great that the major Oscar nominations have gone to independent films," Lucas told me, adding that it's no accident that the "small movies" outclassed the spectaculars in this year's Academy Awards. "Is that good for the business? No ? it's bad for the business. But moviemaking isn't about business. It's about art!"

Was that a smirk? "In the future, almost everything that gets shown in theaters will be indie movies," Lucas declared. "I predict that by 2025 the average movie will cost only $15 million."

I'm not too sure I agree with George on this one. Several of us here at TheForce.net still crave our annual movie blockbuster, Hollywood style, with big explosions and great special effects! Time will tell though. Teleport on over to my house in 2025 and we'll discuss it further ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sla?em se s njim. Mo?da zvuci malo ljuto jer je Osveta Sitha spu?ila na Oscarima, ali je u pravu. Mislim, ?to to, osim vec isfuranih efekta, ima King Kong?!?

2. Jedi_Orion

Jedi_Orion Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2004
    KK nema nista zanimljivo, IMO. Doduse nisam gledao film pa nisam bas objektivan. :p

Ali propast Hollywooda je neizbjezna ako se nastavi ovim putem. Ljudi sve vise kupuju DVDe i gledaju filmove kod kuce.

3. Darthana

Darthana Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2005
    Istina, filmovi se danas rade samo zbog zarade, kvaliteta nije bitna. Sla?em se da je Kong Kong najbolji primjer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.