main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lucas on his creations

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by stranger1235, Jun 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stranger1235

stranger1235 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2007
    Some questions: Does Lucas prefer the Prequel Trilogy or the Classic one? Did he ever say that? Someone must have asked him about that. Which is his favourite and less favourite episode? I think he prefers the Prequels but I might be wrong.

2. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I don't think he's explicitly said, but given that he felt the OT was only half complete upon the first release and he's still unhappy enough with them that he feels he needs to edit them, I'd tend to think you're probably right.

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    He hasn't come out and said which he perfers. And it's only ANH that he's the most disappointed, in terms of effects work. But he hasn't dissed any of his films.

4. Dizzarth

Dizzarth Jedi Knight

Nov 3, 2006
    I honestly think that if you asked Lucas, his answer would be that he doesnt recognize two trilogies, only one saga. I think a lot of people mistakenly think that he has a preference for the PT, but it really only comes from the way that people want to consider it a separate entity from the OT. He has spent a lot of his time trying to convinve people to accept that the PT is part of the OT and that really it is one long, six chapter story, not two trilogies.

I agree with him and i think that once you start watching the movies with that opinion in mind, they ALL becomea lot better and more meaningful. My only complaint is that Lucas always bills the saga as the fall and redemption of anakin, but I think its really more about the rise and fall of palpatine. Oh well, maybe I should start a discussion about that.

5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I read an article once that Lucas prefers the prequels, because they are closer to his vision of what he always wanted Star Wars to be. Of course, I don't know if the quite was accurate or not.

6. Loco_for_Lucas

Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 15, 2002
    I'd say the Prequels are "closer to his heart" in that these were the films made with complete and total independence from studio execs. He didn't have people breathing down his neck, expecting a hit with their investment. He was pretty much free to do as he wished, and made the films he wanted to see, so I'd say the Prequels are his "favorites" in that he made them to his liking. The thing is, they happened as a result of the Classic Trilogy, so it's almost a Catch-22.

7. morpha2

morpha2 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2005
    I would imagine that he probably resents the OT to a certain degree considering that the PT has been held up to scorn by so many for not delivering quite the same magic as the first go around.

8. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Ulfor-Bombaasa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2006
    At least this will be the view of some fans until Episodes 7, 8 and 9 come out. Then the buzz will be that the sequels are not nearly as good as the original six films.

9. DARTH_MARK-22

DARTH_MARK-22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2003
    Did George Lucas create Howard the Duck?

10. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    No, Howard the Duck was parody character created by Marvel Comics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.