main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Lucas on KTLA news

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by klingklang, Jun 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rookie

rookie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 27, 1999
    oh man no...it's hotter than hell right now...i ain't stepping out of the shade at all. i watched it on the news this morning, and there was like half a million people out there.

see, no one's flipped over a cop car or burned down trees yet. LA rules!

2. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    As much as I love the Lakers, I'll never go on one of those parades. Even if nothing out of the norm happens, it's still friggin' 500,000 people. That's a lot of bodies to be near and a lot of cars to leave at the same time. I wonder though, will people still be crazy the 5th year the Lakers win the championship in a row? ;)

3. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    5 years in a row? Hmmm...

Yes, half a million all congregated in downtown LA isn't very pleasing to me either. Not meaning to sound paranoid, but one never knows if some weirdo with a bomb is going to be at such a celebration.

4. rookie

Jul 27, 1999
    i'd still be happy. as long as kobe was still on, that kid rules.

klingklang, have you heard of Brilliant Green? i think they're a japanese band, i just heard about them. anyway, i wish i could send you one of their songs.

5. rookie

Jul 27, 1999
    oh wait i can!

http://rapacious.org/marc/mp3/The_Brilliant_Green_-_Falling_Star_In_Your_Eyes.mp3

6. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    Ooh, I like that rookie! Thank you very much for the link. I'd never heard of them before. It's quite nice. Too bad their CDs are those expensive Japanese releases. But I found their official site (that psycho hopping bunny is odd) and their page on Sony Japan and found out they already have 11 singles out. Eek.

Thanks again!

7. rookie

Jul 27, 1999
    you're welcome. lately i've found myself listening to some really happy songs, i guess because it's summer. there's just something about not having school that gets me all tingly.

i don't know if you're into hip-hop, but you should listen to some jill scott too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.