main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lucas on the Star Wars TV Projects Siggraph 2005!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AnakinBrego, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    GL will go over 1 million dollars that is just his goal. I'm sure it will be a good quality TV Series.

2. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I think GL is going to use Sony's top of the line HDR-FX1 HDV Handycam Camcorder to shoot the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series but there will probably be better consumer HD Camcorders by the time they start shooting the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series so they will probably use the consumer HD Camcorder that they think is the best.

3. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Well to be fair PM, how much of that went to the six main actor's wages? Of course I know people have to be paid, but from what I head (in the tabloids admittedly), their progressive greed and one-up-manship let to ridiculous wage bills for six (so far in their careers) completely unextraordinary performers.

The actual production costs of the series were nowhere near as much. If LFL doesn't pander to the greedy attention-whores, he'll be far better off [/rant] :p

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

4. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I trust George Lucas and I'm confident the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series is going to be fantastic. I am also confident the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series will get great ratings.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>A one million dollar budget is very worrysome when you consider that the standard episode of 'Friends' near the end of the series cost at least six million per episode.<<

As mentioned above, most of that went to the cast members asking for almost a million per episode each.

Some figures to compare:

Babylon 5's per-episode budget was 1 million an episode and they always came in under-budget, despite (like SW) using then-cutting-edge CGI animation and sets.

Farscape's average budget was 1.5 million an episode, and that show utilzied elaborate makeup and animatronic effects as well as CGI.

Enterprise's average budget was 1.6 million an episode

The Stargate shows have a budget range of 2 to 2.3 million per episode (but that's after a gradual increase over 8+ seasons- it didn't start that high)

So, Star Wars falling around 1 million isn't too far off track.

6. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes I think you are right.

7. Boola Cronk

Boola Cronk Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 1999
    Why is everyone so worried about a 'low budget' of 1 million? This is excellent news!! A 20 to 30 million show for 1million? Thats incredible, especially considering that most sci-fi serials nowadays cost 1 to 5 million an episode. Have you ever considered that GL owns everything from the studio to the effects company? As a result, his overhead is virtually non-existent; no corporate BS and no 3rd party companies to pay. I guarantee if you give GL 1 million, he could go MUCH farther with it than any other tv producation and as a result create a show that far surpasses any other sci-fi show in terms of quality. I believe that is what he meant when he said he could do a show that would typically cost 20 to 30 million for 1 million.

In regards to the commercially available digital camera, whats wrong with that? HD digital camcorders have just as high a quality as some of the the larger, more expensive rigs. But as the previous posts mentioned, I believe GL's comments here were just a means to promote his advocacy of film vs. digital.

Im surprised at how some on here get so bent out of shape about a simple comment.

8. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes I agree HD digital camcorders are good a nd allow the camera man to be way more mobile.

9. AnakinBrego

AnakinBrego Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2004
    Here's the HD camcorder from Sony!!

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/Sony-HCR-HC1-Review.htm

10. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Sony has a better consumer HD camcorder but they could use either one. I think by the time they start filming the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series there is going to better consumer HD camcorders. When they start filming the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series they are probably going to use the consumer HD camcorder that they think and feel is the best. Below is a link to Sony's top of the line HD camcorder. Thanks for the link to information on Sony's other HD camcorder AnakinBrego.

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/Sony-HDR-FX1-First-Impression-Camcorder-Review.htm

11. borjis fett

borjis fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 1999

Sony's top of the line is actually the Z1.

It's very much like the FX1 but has some more professional features.
    He'd likely use that one IMO.

I don't think he'd use the HC-1 as it lacks manual controls and
    low light ability compared with the FX1/Z1.

Maybe the A1 though, it has more manual controls.

12. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes the Z1 would be nice but you can't buy one at many electronics stores but I'm guessing he is either going to use the FX1 or the Z1.

13. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    So is this 1 million for the entire 100 epsiodes? Or 1 million per episode?

14. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I'm pretty sure it's 1 million an episode.

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Per episode- it'd impossible to do 100 episodes for a million.

16. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes it would be impossible 10,000 dollars an episode would not be nearly enough to do a TV Series especially a Star Wars TV Series.

17. AnakinBrego

AnakinBrego Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.