main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lucas: OT Movies=Rough Draft.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by FallenKnight88, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FallenKnight88

FallenKnight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    With all of these uproar about the changes to the Star Wars saga throughout the years, I was wondering:

If Lucas were to say back in 1983 that the OT was only 50% done and that the movies were a "half-a**ed" version of his "true vision", than would you still be as passionate against the changes as you are now?

I mean if Lucas told you ahead of time of the impending changes would your attitudes be different?

2. P_F_A_F_F

P_F_A_F_F Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    No, but it would not matter, Lucas does what he wants, regardless if it is a good idea or not.

3. gbonkers

gbonkers Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2004
    I would love to see the rough...rough...rough drafts for all of movies...not just the ones you can find about A New Hope on the net...

4. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I don't see George Lucas putting out a half done movie of any kind. He waited until 1999 to put out TPM because technology had risen to a point where he felt he could finally do it the way he always wanted to. That's why there is such a huge gap between ROTJ and TPM. He did a wonderful job back in the 70's and 80's with the technology that existed then. What didn't exist, he had his people create!

5. zillas_revenge2

zillas_revenge2 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    http://www.echostation.com/echo3/annotate.htm

6. Lurking_Around

Lurking_Around Jedi Knight star 6

May 26, 2002
    If Lucas were to say back in 1983 that the OT was only 50% done and that the movies were a "half-a**ed" version of his "true vision", than would you still be as passionate against the changes as you are now?

Yes, I'd still be passionatley against the changes. Because most of the changes have nothing to do with "rough draft" and "not having the technology to do it then". Especially stupid changes like "Greedo shoots first..no wait, they shoot together...no wait..." or Vader's "Alert my shuttle blah blah..." line.

Leave the OT alone please! I want my rough draft, because the completed work SUCKS!

[face_plain]

7. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002

Yes, I would. Either way you slice it, I don?t think it?s right that the OT has been relegated to a glorified work in progress.

8. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    One of my best friends recently said to me: "Make no mistake! He (refering to GL and NOT to Dracula) must be stopped!"
    I do miss the old musical score in Jabba´s Palace and also the original Ework song, but want a single fan likes or dislikes does not bother GL at all. Somebody recently told me, that his best pal works for Lucas Arts. A meeting there usually works the following way: GL gets in, tells them what he wants and leaves again. He´s never beeen a geek like Peter Jackson or the man who invented Buffy. (A fact that also explains some plot wholes in the new thriology!). GL started as Luke and now he´s Palpatine. That´s it. But we love him all anyway, like Anakin was still loved by Padmé after the Tusken accident.

9. Fox609

Fox609 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 5, 1999
    A love that proved to be fatal, Azure..

10. theN00_Jedi

theN00_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    [face_shame_on_you] Whenever someone starts a post like this, it always goes as follows:

What if.. ...Lucus made Luke skywalker into a chimpanze in the newest version of the SE

then someone says.. ...that's stupid

origional poster says.. ...IT'S LUCUS'S TRILOGY AND HE CAN DO WHATEVER HE WANTS WITH AND WE HAVE NO RIGHT TO TELL HIM WHAT TO DO!!!!

then no one says.. ...but this was your idea, lucus never said anything like that, never made any changes like that, and has never actually suggested that he wanted Luke to be a chimp, this was your suggestion, so we can make fun of it as much as we want to[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.