Lucas Says Indy 5 a Possibility?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by HanSolo29, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salty Force Ghost

star 5
    Was just reading the article about a possible return of Sean Connery. I could see that working either as a flashback or a movie set before Crystal Skull.
  2. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It could also work as something where Indy thought Henry Sr. was killed but he actually wasn't.

Or Indy could pull an Odysseus and travel to the land of the dead.
    Actually, that could be awesome. Lucas always talks about how KotCS was an homage to 50s saucer movies. What if the next movie is Indiana Jones meets Jason and the Argonauts?
  3. Salty Force Ghost

star 5
    That would be some kind of undertaking. I'm not sure how the fans would react to Indy literally finding the River Styx and being able to travel to the Elysian Fields.
  4. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    It would be interesting though if this second trilogy was more fantasy oriented and they did do something right out of Greek mythology.
  5. Salty Force Ghost

star 5
    I agree. I'd like to see some Greek/Roman/Norse mythological artifact or place found and explored.
  6. Lizardmonkey Force Ghost

star 2
    1957 - 1958 saw the rise of Papa Doc Duvalier and his Ton Ton Macoute in Haiti. How about a zombies and black magic story set there? Or is that too 'TOD'?
  7. Salty Force Ghost

star 5
    That might be a little too TOD. They've covered religion and sci fi. Only thing really left is some sort of mythology.
  8. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    You mean, like religion and science fiction?

:p
  9. Deranged_Monkey Jedi Knight

star 1
  10. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    ShaneP: But salty was banned.

Blue Yoda: No, there is another.

Welcome sa...Deranged Monkey

[face_mischief]
  11. Deranged_Monkey Jedi Knight

star 1
  12. C Creepio Force Ghost

star 3
    Ok, it's clear to me that I'm the only one around here who has any idea of how the Indiana Jones movies work, so let me offer my two cents:

Only the odd numbered Indy movies are good. It's like the opposite of the old Star Trek flicks, where only the even ones were good.

That being said...

1. ROTLA - Great movie
    2. TOD - Eh...
    3. LC - Great movie
    4. KS - Eh...
    5. ?? - Will be great
    6. ?? - Will be Eh...

This is why the series will end after the 5th movie. They redeemed the series after Doom, and they'll redeem it again after Skull. Leave it at that.

End.
  13. Salty Force Ghost

star 5
  14. Dark--Helmet Jedi Knight

star 2
    Accept that Last Crusade isn't a great movie.
  15. Salty Force Ghost

star 5
    Not as bad as ToD though.
  16. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    Chewie, take the professor into the back and plug him into the hyperdrive. :p

Actually, I agree with your assessment. But I don't think they'll stop after 5.
  17. Salty Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, Lucas likes those even numbers so we're probably guaranteed an Indy 6.
  18. Dark--Helmet Jedi Knight

star 2
    At least it tried something different.It gave us a unique non dusty more pulp like adventure with Harrison's best performance as Indy.If GL&The Berg stick with the formula we'll just get another retread of Raiders.
  19. Salty Force Ghost

star 5
    It wouldn't surprise me. I still haven't seen KotCS and really have no desire to.
  20. JediKnightOB1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I think the Indy franchise is over. After that last installment "The Kindome of the Crystal Meth Skullz" I am not interested in seeing another movie when the last one was crap.
  21. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Can't disagree more. I loved Indy IV and I would be on board for a fifth film.
  22. JohnWesleyDowney Force Ghost

star 5

Crystal Skull was an awesome, impressive extension of the series. I loved it.

I'd be eager to see a 5th one, but certainly not beyond that.
  23. JediHPDrummer Jedi Master

star 3
    Agreed. I think the 5th Indy should be the last.
  24. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    But they wont stop at the 5th one. Come on. This is The Lord of the Trilogies, George Lucas.

I fully expect two more.
  25. JediHPDrummer Jedi Master

star 3
    But i could see where Indiana Jones is a little different in that they are "adventures" and not necessarily a trilogy or what not. So i could see where 5 was ok, and somehow i would prefer it that way in that they are adventures. But again, we'll have to wait and see...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.