main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lucas Says Indy 5 a Possibility?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Last Crusade is still the best in the franchise.

2. obiwan9753

obiwan9753 Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2009
    I can barely believe that because Indy is too Old he is like 80 or something but OOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

3. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    The obvious solution to Ford's age is to go the BTTF2&3/LOTR1-3/KB1&2/HP7&8 route, and shoot IJ V & VI back-to-back, then release them separately over the course of a single year. Put the final stamp on the series, tell a unified and epic tale, possibly pass the hat to Shia, maybe even show us Indy's death (though this would be out of continuity with YIJC), etc.

4. jedihyrumsfather

jedihyrumsfather Jedi Master star 1

Aug 8, 2001
    I have yet to figure out why people don't like ToD.

Indy 4 definitely had a different feel than the first three. I felt that it had more like they mixed in some YIJ with it. That being said, I would like to see an Indy 5. I love Shia Lebouf, so, i'm on board with him taking over the reigns, even if IJ doesn't want to give him the hat. The problem I have is with what they will call a Mutt based series. Will that call it "Mutt Jones and the temple of Slarty Bartfast" or "Mutt Williams and the flying leap" or what? The certainly can't continue calling it Indiana Jones.

5. Dark--Helmet

Dark--Helmet Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2003
    Ford is Indy,I don't think it's something that's passed on.Especially not to Sam Witwicky.[face_worried]

They should just concentrate on making a really good movie.The series didn't need to be brought back from the final swan song just to have another swan song.They should have brought it back sooner so they could have had Harrison in his good years.Just have Indy on an adventure as an older guy and forget the passing it on junk.As long as he can do it age shouldn't matter.Don't go over board on the Murtaugh stuff.

6. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I agree. keep it with Ford. Okay, so he's really old. But that didn't bother me at all. What they need is a third act and climax with more involvement from Indy.

7. Emperor_dontcareboy

Emperor_dontcareboy Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2009
    I hope it's called 'Indiana Jones and The Saucer Men' which is what GL had in mind for Indy 4.

8. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    Yeah I don't care that Indy is old. The dude in UP was old. Brian Cox's character in Red was old. But they still kicked ass.

9. bluesaber70

bluesaber70 Jedi Knight star 2

May 25, 2007
    What no talk about this?

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Harrison_Ford_Talks_About_Indy_5_128721.asp

And it's even on the front page?

10. bluesaber70

May 25, 2007
    Oh yeah and for what it's worth Mr. Lucas & Mr. Spielberg

Please give me the following in Indy 5:

1.Sallah--- Missed him way to much in KOCS bring him back this time!

2. Clay-mation face melts--- Their campy and old school they woek so well in Indy films. No more "look how far CGI has come moments please."

11. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    If you find something, then do what you just did and post it here. You are allowed to post links to on-topic articles and conversations.

:)

12. bluesaber70

May 25, 2007
    Yes!, yes!, yes! Indy 5 to start filming in May 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.forcecast.net/story/indycast/IndyCast_Episode_94_128990.asp

Oh happy day!

13. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Wow. they must have a more agreeable-for-all script idea than the last one.

:cool:

14. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    I second that "wow." :p

A multitude of mixed feelings about this. It's awesome, but when push comes to shove, I could live without it. At some point, it's going to feel like overkill. Indy's going to lose its originality and move into "done to death" territory. Not yet, but at some point, it will. For now, I'm really happy. But not really, really happy. ;)

15. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Mixed is exactly how I feel. I mean, I'm excited but more in a "I hope they don't screw it up and do better than last time" kinda way. I'm shocked everything seems to be falling together quickly though.

16. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Yeah, I'm surprised, too. Maybe that's a good sign?

You know, what's kind of bugging me...I really liked how we ended the last movie, and a new film would kind of disrupt that feeling we got at the KotCS's conclusion.

17. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, but I really, really liked how we ended Last Crusade, but anyway...

I just hope they have Indy more involved in the finale. KotCS had him on the sidelines too much while the fx took over.

18. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    Are you talking about Raiders of the Lost Ark?

19. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    No, I'm talking about KotCS where he stood there for minutes on end and didn't have any impact on the finale. None of his actions helped push the finale at all.

With ROTLA he had the ark and the Nazis took it from him and used it. Indy didn't bring anything to the table in KOTCS.

20. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Nicely done.

21. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    I didn't get that impression at all. My only concern at this point is the transition between KotCS and the next film. And the transition between that film and a fitting conclusion to the Indy saga. Or to another film, I guess. :p

22. oierem

Mar 18, 2009
    With KOTCS he had the skull and the Russians took it from him and used it. :p

23. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, and then we had 20 minutes of fx. It went on and on and on.

24. oierem

Mar 18, 2009
    Actually, I think it was around 5 minutes of fx, perhaps slightly more than in Raiders.And Indy escapes during the sequence, while in Raiders he just closes his eyes.
    You may like it or not, but the climax of KOTCS is taken out from Raiders directly.

25. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    You bring up a difference right before you say it's lifted directly from Raiders. It was different enough and just wasn't effective IMHO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.