main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lucas Says Indy 5 a Possibility?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    Ok but
    -Indy didn't have an active part in neither of the climaxes (except being "humble" enought to refuse to look/don't want to know everything)
    -The climax was a big special effects sequence
    -The lenght is practically the same in both movies.

So, IMO, you should use those arguments to criticize one movie and praise the other.

2. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    You forgot the key ingredient is if one works and the other doesn't. It's a climax to what preceded it. It's not a standalone sequence.
    It worked in Raiders but not in KotCS. In the latter, it just felt flat. I'm not saying I hated the film. I liked it. But I'd like to see them go in as different a direction with the next one as TOD went from Raiders.

3. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    It didn't work for you. It worked fine for me.

4. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Fair enough. And it worked for enough people judging by its Box Office.

5. black31

black31 Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2010
    I want this to be true because George Lucas really comes up with the best effective movie ideas and he said it involved the aliens from part 4. I think the aliens should be called the 'Prag' and they're planet similar to the Earth with alien garages and sheds, houses. They should be mean, selfish and powerful. I don't quite know how the story would go. 'Indiana Jones and the Evil Corruptors of Superstition' or whatever the rest of the Indy movies were about.

6. Twilek_Aide

Twilek_Aide Jedi Master star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    Oh no. There is enough Indy films! Having said this if it is made, I hope his son doesn't feature in it. I hated the 4th film, and I missed the Nazis.

7. Adali-Kiri

Adali-Kiri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Only on an Indy forum is such a quote tolerable. :p

8. hansolorcks

hansolorcks Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2008
    Do you think Indy 5 will happpen every day comes and goes and no concrete news on the progress of Indy 5 being made ps please Harrison, George and Stephen hurry up and come up with something

9. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    [face_laugh]

10. Adali-Kiri

Jul 31, 2000
    Actually, there's been loads of solid news lately. Ford has said several times that they have agreed on the story, and that it's now being turned into a script. (If only they would let Terry Rossio and Ted Elliot take a crack at writing an Indy script...) And Karen Allen recently stated that she's been told Spring 2011 is a likely time for shooting. I don't know if she would know any such thing, though. Sounds a bit like Gary Oldman stating he'd be filming a new Batman this Spring. Guess what, he isn't.

But all in all, people want to make it and make it soon. The script is coming along.

11. inotropic

inotropic Jedi Master

Oct 4, 2009
    Q&A at the Chicago Field Museum:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRaVjM_goKM
    At 5:05 Lucas says "In theory I'm working on that, but I [unintelligible]."
    Does anyone who was there know what he said? Is there a transcript?

12. TazzMission2183

TazzMission2183 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2010

im all for another indy since i love the franchise. i liked indy 4 wile others didnt but im hoping indy 5 centers around atlantis or maybe something with greek history :)

13. Adali-Kiri

Jul 31, 2000
    I hear ya. The mystery of Atlantis seems tailor made for Jones.

There's been franchise news the past few days, but of a different kind.

It's interesting, but personally I find it hard to accept the reporter's notion that Shia deserves respect for dissing a film others like to diss. Seems like a strange concept of integrity and respect to me. Honesty is cool of course, but not this "respect him when he agrees with you" nonsense...

14. TazzMission2183

TazzMission2183 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2010

shias an idiot. if it wasnt for bay ( as terrible as he is) or lucas and berg shia would still be doing disney shows

15. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    Yeah, what do THOSE guys know.....

16. Obi-Chron

Obi-Chron Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2003
    The best scene for me in Indy IV (aside from the opening montage) was at the end when Shia picked up Indy's hat, and Ford quickly whisked it back. "No way, kid!" was the subtext of that scene for me. That part was a riot -- made me cheer.

Like him or not, Shia has the backing of two very high rollers, who happen to be huge H-Wood players. Look what that did for Ford when he was just a set carpenter at the time ANH was in auditions. Lucas loved him. The guy beat out Kurt Russel for the Solo role, for crying out loud, just by standing-in and reading Solo's lines for the Leia wanna-be actresses.

LeBouf will soon have his own action hero franchise, outside of the Transformers franchise, that is. It's in the cards. He seems destined to play the action characte role. My money says GL and SS will make it happen sooner rather than later.

An heavens no, not "Son of Indy!" Once Ford hands up his hat and whip, the franchise should ride off into the sunset with him. Ford may be riding a motorized wheel chair, but that's just fine by me.

More Indy, please!

17. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    I'm with you on that one. Although I'm definitely excited about the prospect of Indy 5, I'm not as ecstatic as I was about Indy 4. Perhaps that's because I loved the way Indy 4 ended, and I'd like to see the franchise go out with that kind of nobility, with the notion that, yes, indeed, there's only one Indiana Jones, and he can never be replaced by anyone. I'm afraid the fifth film might disrupt that balance.

18. Adali-Kiri

Jul 31, 2000
    Well, I think it's cool that Shia speaks his mind. I'm just not sure if it's genuine or if he's scared to get on the wrong side of fanboys. It's certainly disturbing that a prolific writer of fanboy status insists that he should earn your respect for agreeing with you.

That's just a twisted concept of respect and integrity...

For my money, Crystal Skull is more enjoyable than Temple of Doom, but nowhere near as enjoyable as Raiders or Crusade. So I'm all for another film, if they can make it happen soon. Get Indy back to Earth (even though I personally enjoyed the alien motif), and let Steven have another go now that he's warmed-up and stuff.

And pretty please, let Rossio and Elliot do that script... Yeah, likely. [face_plain]

Anyway, all recent signs point to another movie coming sooner rather than later. Well, there's no option there really, since later would probably mean never... If this backlash-y thing would make Ford and Spielberg keen to prove themselves, that would surely be a good starting point for Indy 5.

19. wedwood

wedwood Jedi Padawan

Feb 10, 2010
    Noticed on IMDB that today is John Wayne's birthday. If they were to make a fifth Indiana Jones within the next year or so, then Harrison Ford will be about the same age as Wayne was when he made The Shootist.

20. bluesaber70

bluesaber70 Jedi Knight star 2

May 25, 2007
    Finally some new news!!!!!!! http://www.musicrooms.net/showbiz/8610-Harrison-Fords-Final-Outing-Indiana-Jones-Will-Emotional.html

21. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    Yeah, Indy 4 was able to tease about the possibility, which was fine....but can they really get away with teasing about it again? Indy 5 will probably have to go one way or another...

22. bluesaber70

bluesaber70 Jedi Knight star 2

May 25, 2007
    I'm interested in how they will spin the whole Bermuda Triangle thing.

23. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    Sounds like more aliens are in store, though the linked article states that they're going back to Indy's "roots", whatever that may mean specifically.

Who's the screenwriter? I have a hard time accepting that Lucas and Spielberg are working on the script by themselves, as implied in the article.

24. Obi-Chron

Obi-Chron Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2003
    Well, well. I'm intrigued!

Not so much because of the Bermuda Triangle (BT) spin, but because of the area the BT encompasses.

[image=http://demoizelles.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/bermuda.jpg]

As the above images shows, the Bahamas are a part of the BT! And what legendary lost civilization is thought by some to have existed in the Bahamas? Here's the link in case the one above is broken:

<http://demoizelles.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/bermuda.jpg>

Yes, "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis" gamers, you still have a sliver of hope that our hero will journey to the fabled land that only he could discover!

25. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    I won't mind if this Bermuda Triangle plot will have to deal with aliens and UFO's. I just don't wan't to see Shia LaBeouf again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.