main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lucas Says Indy 5 a Possibility?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I would *really* love to see and Indy 5. I even think it might be possible for them to film an Indy 5 and 6 back to back, like BTTF or Pirates did. Because otherwise I think Harrison would indeed finally be too old to do 6. I think the end of CS really begs for more (naturally they'd make it that way :p). I just really want to know what the Indy family would do from there. I think this new era of Indy deserves expounding upon, and ultimately its own version of riding off into the sunset to really settle it.

-sj loves kevin spacey

2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I couldn't agree more. For the last 24 hours I may have been citing the flaws of CS, however that ship has sailed, the journey has begun, and now it deserves a proper ending. There really needs to be better closure than the abrupt ending of CS. They have the capacity to do this thing right.

-Seldon

3. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Indeed. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is not the end. It's a new beginning.

I can see the tagline for Indy V already..."Adventure Runs In The Family."

4. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    The Man With The Hat Is Back

And This Time He's Bringing His Son

5. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    The Son of the Man with the Hat is back, and this time...

He doesn't have a hat.

Because, you know, that was his dad's hat.

6. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002

[face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]

That is made up of so much win.

I hope they really do make an Indy 5, they left it wide open so its almost calling for it to be made.

7. chibiangi

chibiangi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    I wouldn't mind a new triology. The middle one could be pure Indiana Jones while Mutt finishes school and then the third focus on their relationship and Indiana passing the hat in spirit. Kind of to mirror the first triology.

I dunno. I am not opposed to more Indy. I had fun with this one despite its flaws.

8. Vortigern99

Nov 12, 2000
    The central problem I see is the maguffin. Lucas has said the best idea he could come up with in twenty years was the crystal skull. He has a point because it was so hugely (and fictitiously) influential on ancient culture, and because it provides for the spectacular climax of the film (to which some object but which I find quite awesome). Where could we go from here? The Ten Commandments? The True Cross? Bigfoot? [face_thinking]

9. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Dust inside the Ark = The Ten Commandments.

10. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I've been thinking about where they could go from here and I'd like to see a good portion of the film take place in a snowy cold climate. We've only seen snow briefly in Raiders of the Lost Ark and Temple of Doom so I think they can have some fun with it especially in the action scenes. Snowmobiles anyone? A snowplow? Mutt racing his motorcycle across a frozen lake? I'd also like to see a sequence with a helicopter. Maybe Indy latches to it with his whip and hangs on for dear life. A cold climate suggests a McGuffin dealing with Viking/Norse Mythology and would put them in northern Europe. Which would put the Joneses in close proximity to the Soviet Union itself. Maybe the mystical object is behind the Iron Curtain and the Joneses try to smuggle it out before the Soviets find it first.

11. Kapoof

Kapoof Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2008
    I'm really hoping for a sequel now. Seeing Indy on screen, Ford's still got it. Mutt was great. Good chemistry. I really loved all the action in Crystal Skull. I just think there's great potential to keep this going if they get cracking the ol' whip on it soon enough.

I went in thinking that it will be an interesting last hurrah for Indy.
    I came out hoping to hear news of a sequel as soon as possible.

Not saying it was perfect, but damn i want more.

12. LordNyax113

LordNyax113 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 11, 2007
    You know, as overused as the concept has been, does anyone want to maybe see a take on Atlantis or its legend with Indy's trademark style?

13. Vortigern99

Nov 12, 2000
    Or, alternately:

Dust inside the Ark = Sand from the sandstorm that wiped Tanis clean, obscuring the true fate of Moses' stone tablets.

;)

14. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    I think the final scene from KotCS would sort of indicate that Shia may replace Harrison in time, but for now, they're both involved in big ways. I see both getting about equal screen time in the next film.

As to the thematic content, I wouldn't be surprised to see a sort of return to classic Indiana Jones adventure, at least for the fifth film. I can imagine a pattern arising, where the films alternate between classic adventure and more outlandish setups.

15. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    I'd love to see another Indy. I'm sure there's another 1 or 2 adventures in there for Harrison, even if he takes a bit more of a backseat after a fifth one. Shia seems like he could handle the burden.

16. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I really like that idea. Beats a crystal skull. I'd also like to see Indiana Jones in sub-Saharan Africa. Through the jungles of the congo, maybe Mozambique, Madagascar, Kenya or Cape Town. To see Harrision Ford on safari. I'm surprised that after four films, we still haven't really seen him have an adventure in Africa (minus Egypt.)

-Seldon

17. Kapoof

Kapoof Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2008
    I wouldn't mind if he went after a lesser known or fictional object like the Shankara Stones, as long as the adventure and locations are great.

Has anyone read those Rob McGregor Indy novels? I remember thinking that the locations were great. Greece, Stonehenge, and especially Rio de Janreiro with the giant Jesus statue.

Anyway, if the action, dialog, and locations are really good. Maybe the item itself doesn't need to be amazing, as long as they give it some real good on screen power.

18. C Creepio

C Creepio Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 1999
    Throw together one more.

But the reason I don't think it will happen is because it took them nearly 20 years to come up with this one. So the next one will be when...2017? Indy will literally be, like 80.

19. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I'd watch the 5th Indy, but I think it would be too much. The old trilogy was great, KotCS was brilliant; a great comeback (not only a simple sequel) after so many years. However, I think that making yet another film would push it a bit too far. It wouldn't be a quest for the ark, or the skull, it would be a quest for selling even more money and getting even more franchise.
    f they are able to tell another good story, that fine, but I still think it wouldn't really look as good as the other ones.

20. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    This is so funny. I was disappointed in more than a couple of ways with Indy IV...and yet, I agree with everybody here. A sequel would ROCK. I like Mutt, and I thought Harrison was great and can definitely do it again.

I think one of the big things that hurt Crystal Skull is the fact that it's been 19 years since the last one. So not only does it takes place in a whole different era, but it was also made in a whole different era of filmmaking. And then all of the nerdy fans like myself are expecting the films to look and feel like the old ones, and it's just not possible.

If they made another sequel, Lucas/Ford/Spielberg could worry less about writing the "perfect" script after a 19 year absence and just let their natural talents take over and just make a good, fun film. All the ingredients are here...they need to hurry up and do this thing.

Mutt and Indy make a good team. I'm not ready for him to pass the hat yet, but I don't mind having a "transition" film.

21. Kapoof

Kapoof Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2008
    One thing that's missing from KotCS is...

A "babe". Marion was great, glad her and Indy ruinited. But NEXT movie, Mutt is sure to have some love interest, and Indy's reactions could be pretty funny.

Just trying to imagine it is all. Really rooting for a sequel. [face_praying]

22. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Skull begs for a sequel!!! The chemistry between Shia and Harrison was just beautiful. [face_love] And I can only imagine what those two could do on-screen in the next one.

23. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Oh man, that would be really funny, actually :p I think that has tons of potential. And yes, I agree with just about everyone that Harrison and Shia have great chemistry together. I honestly didn't go into Skull thinking that I would be wanting another sequel, but man, now I *really* want one!

-sj loves kevin spacey

24. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    Atlantis would be a really cool idea to use.

25. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Just imagine trying to make a move on the girl when your Dad is right there beside you. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.